“Yet another fantastic stay at Bamburi Beach Hotel!”

Bamburi Beach Hotel
Ranked #11 of 60 Hotels in Mombasa
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This has been my fourth visit to the Bamburi Beach Hotel - obviously, I like it enough to return!

Since my first visit, there have been many positive changes in the hotel, particularly in the dining room. The food, as always, is varied and very good. We took the All-inclusive package, which did not disappoint. The vegetable and fruit carving in the dining room this time lent an interesting touch as well.

Right from the time we checked in to the time we checked out, all the staff at Bamburi Beach Hotel has been fantastic. Mary handled our booking efficiently and quickly, which we are very grateful for. Hassan, the General Manager, always makes it a point to stop and chat with guests, which lends a very personal touch and which is appreciated. One of our 'special' experiences this time was that we asked if the dining room would be serving a Swahili specialty called 'Mahamri'. Mercy, from the dining room, told us that these were made only on Sundays. However, she spoke to the kitchen, and lo and behold - mahamri was served at tea time the next day, which was a week day! I don't know any hotel that does this! Thank you to Mercy and the staff in the kitchen! There is a 'family' atmosphere at this Hotel which makes it special. The rooms are clean and well tended to, although the taps in the shower cubicles could do with some attention! My only concern, and this is not the hotel's fault, is the vendors on the beach front who constantly ply people with their goods. It is, after all, a public beach, but the authorities, together with, perhaps, hotels that line the beach, need to address this matter so that vendors can sell their goods and visitors can have an altogether memorable stay at the Coast. Thank you, again, Hassan, and all the staff at Bamburi Beach Hotel - we'll certainly come back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sylvia F

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Over the past years we've stayed in many hotels but this was the worst ever!
to much noise from the bar next door! windows are trembling and you feel like you are in a discotheque. no real solution are offered and communication is no where to be found!The general manager (Hassan) lies to you when you make complains. According to the staff, the noise from next door used to be there everyday but according to the general managment, it's the first time he heard about this. We were offered another room to the other side of the building at midnight.Nobody helped us with our luggage and as a result my laptop got crushed during this moving event. Rooms are outdated! and during our stay we had ants in the room for 5 days and we wern't eating or drinking in our room! The normal staff ( under payed Africans, that have to work a 12 hour shift, don't get anything to eat or something to drink for a whole day, but they are doing there best to give you a good experience, but they can't do anything to change management. They are only after winning a lot of money without any improvements for the guest or the health of their staff! WiFi will cost you 2€ for half an hour and is not available in the room. The only good thing I can say is that the food is nice and they do try to give an vegetarian option witch is nice but common in Kenya!.Breakfast is awefull. Stay away if you can!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the other side from the noisy location next door or you won't sleep be...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lobbielicious
Bamburi Beach H... M, General Manager at Bamburi Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear sir,
I have seen and read through your comment on your recent stay in this hotel in the trip adviser and the following is my my response and comments.

First and foremost I wish to convey my sincere apology that you somehow did not enjoy your holiday with us.
Further , you are very right to say that the disco music from the neighborling restaurant
is excessively loud. The owner is allowed to operate an open disco on Saturdays only and indeed
the music totally disturbs our guests occupying rooms near that disco place. We are in serious
discussion with the owner and I believe we shall resolve the matter very soon. Once again my sincere apologies that there was nobody from our staff who came to assist you to carry the luggage during the transfer
If any of our staff told you that he works for 12 hours and without food, then he/she told you a lie. Labor laws in this country requires that staff work for 8 hours and within the hotel industry
staff are provided with food in their staff canteen.

You may appreciate that every hotel do some few things different from the others. WIFI in our hotel is not part of the All Inclusive package. I believe you had information from your tour agent
and you were under no obligation to use it. However, we are seriously looking into this among other areas, and hopefully we shall in the near future offer it within the AI package
May I say that I am happy to note that you enjoyed our food, the hearty welcome and the hospitality of our staff.

In conclusion,may I once more thank you fore your comments and assure you that we shall en devour to to improve our services to make this hotel a better place for our esteemed
guests.

Can I kindly request you to try us again if a chance arises.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

we stayed at bamburi beach hotel in january for 14 nights, we have been there many times, it gets better and better, the all inclusive food and drink is fantastic, the staff ,waiters, barpeople, reception and managers will do any thing you ask for, unfortuneately firstchoice/thomson have stopped using the hotel thru greed,thomson has got to big for their boots, you can still book wit the hotel direct or thru somak,cosmos, and a few other travel company as we still need to support the hotel as many people love the hotel and want to return, and we shall return also in the near future as the location is so convienient for everywhere.

Room Tip: anyroom , you only sleep and shower in there
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank olivia m
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Being the second time visit ,still it was amazing with the outstanding experience being treated as kings n queens by all the staffs.3 days visit was just but great time being there .Thanks to Juliana n lucky representing hotel in the reception in professional way with the friendly and pleasant smile. Mr Hassan team lead by Mercy,mary ,Phyllis, "florence & mary" (thanks ladies for great service along the pool) nahara best lady in the amazing seafood restaurant for your recommendation, not forgetting best barmen along the poolbar Tom & the short barman its was great .David thank you and keep up your good housekeeping job for sure u made the room looks fresh each n every time u clean it. Thank you all. Animation team keep up the great job, schedule and activities.To management improve on salty water in the room it spoils the experience when having a shower with tiny soap kindly improve Gabriel k.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriel K
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The property is old but has beautiful campus and a view. The rooms are basic and dates back to 80s with latches and lights. The bathrooms have salt water supply and taking bath is a pain. The management serves the whites and gives a feeling that the hotel is for them only and the others are just tolerated. Could not believe that we had to pay for half an hour of internet access. The black staff are rude to browns but very polite to whites. Sorry for the racist comment but I felt victimised. My companion was asked to go and change his lowers for dinner and even when he did it was pointed out to be not the correct one. Disgusting!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Aliviabiswas
Reviewed 31 January 2014

We went here for my 50th birthday. It was an amazing time, by we I mean my wife my son and daughter and myself. The staff were so friendly and helpful. We booked a safari at the hotel which was truly breath taking. My son and I also did several scuba diving trips, these were amongst the best dives we have ever done and the variety of wildlife was spectacular.

Room Tip: Chose a garden room close to the pool, perimeter room balconies are often visited by monkeys.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin S
Reviewed 10 January 2014

For best value for our money and its the best and we enjoyed beach front hotel with large swimming pool and the best meals. Location of hotel was excellent with easy transport to shopping and tour of Mombasa. Highly recommended beach hotel with beautiful nightly shows.

Room Tip: Be prepared for hot weather & warm ocean
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends