This has been my fourth visit to the Bamburi Beach Hotel - obviously, I like it enough to return!
Since my first visit, there have been many positive changes in the hotel, particularly in the dining room. The food, as always, is varied and very good. We took the All-inclusive package, which did not disappoint. The vegetable and fruit carving in the dining room this time lent an interesting touch as well.
Right from the time we checked in to the time we checked out, all the staff at Bamburi Beach Hotel has been fantastic. Mary handled our booking efficiently and quickly, which we are very grateful for. Hassan, the General Manager, always makes it a point to stop and chat with guests, which lends a very personal touch and which is appreciated. One of our 'special' experiences this time was that we asked if the dining room would be serving a Swahili specialty called 'Mahamri'. Mercy, from the dining room, told us that these were made only on Sundays. However, she spoke to the kitchen, and lo and behold - mahamri was served at tea time the next day, which was a week day! I don't know any hotel that does this! Thank you to Mercy and the staff in the kitchen! There is a 'family' atmosphere at this Hotel which makes it special. The rooms are clean and well tended to, although the taps in the shower cubicles could do with some attention! My only concern, and this is not the hotel's fault, is the vendors on the beach front who constantly ply people with their goods. It is, after all, a public beach, but the authorities, together with, perhaps, hotels that line the beach, need to address this matter so that vendors can sell their goods and visitors can have an altogether memorable stay at the Coast. Thank you, again, Hassan, and all the staff at Bamburi Beach Hotel - we'll certainly come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This warm and friendly hotel welcomes guests with a distinctly African vibe and a fantastic view of the Indian Ocean! The spacious and comfortable vibrant deluxe rooms have a TV, Coffee and Tea making facilities, safe (chargeable) and mini fridge to ensure you can relax and enjoy, in air conditioned comfort with quiet, split unit air conditioners or on the terrace with a spectacular view and a cool Indian Ocean breeze. The ocean deck edges onto the ocean and offers a relaxing atmosphere during the day enjoying a sunbath with a terrific view of the ocean! Whether you come to the Bamburi Beach Hotel to relax or to use it as a starting point for your game drives, we do everything we can to ensure your comfort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jovago.com, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bamburi Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Kenya
- Bamburi Beach Hotel Mombasa