Have visited this hotel before and have never found fault but unfortunately if they are not careful this ship could sink without trace ! There were a lot of repeat guests there during our stay and we were all of the same opinion - that special something that the Voyager had was somehow missing. Loyalty works two ways and while the guests are loyal to the hotel it was not reciprocated. The little touches that made Voyager so special were missing.
The Animation Team used to be the life and soul of the hotel and the long standing members of the team (namely Kelvin and Bahati ) remain that way. Unfortunately the newer members are conspicuous by their absence and while their dancing in the evening entertainment is fantastic, during the day they are nowhere to be found. Guests were not advised of the daytime activities and it appeared that this was what was wanted as it meant they could "chill out " without having to entertain the guests.
There are some fantastic staff at the Voyager, covering all departments, who go out of their way to ensure that guests are happy and a huge Thank You to all of you.
The food, as usual, was excellent. The Restaurant staff are superb as are the Pool Attendants.
Hopefully our next visit will see the Voyager sailing on tranquil waters having survived this patch of choppy seas and does not become another Titanic.
Reviews by other guests are responded to with the statement "We have dropped the ball " . Unfortunately the ball does not appear to have been picked up yet and is still bouncing around !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moored seven kilometres north of Mombasa city centre, Voyager Beach Resort's convenient 'berth' gives guests easy access to a huge variety of historical, sporting and cultural attractions. The vibrant themed resort is famous for hosting some of Africa's finest family entertainments and animation programs, including unique themed journeys across the seven seas, culinary extravaganzas, with very supervised kids' activities and days out with Africa's best-known and most experienced childrens' safari club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Southall Travel, Agoda, Odigeo, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Voyager Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Voyager Beach Hotel Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Kenya
- Voyager Beach Resort Mombasa
- Voyager Beach Resort Kenya
- Voyager Beach Mombasa
- Voyager Hotel Mombasa