“Excellent Service Aboard Voyager”

Voyager Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Mombasa
Nairobi
“Excellent Service Aboard Voyager”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I got onto the ship on July 12-15, 2014. From check in and a welcome drink from Joshua with a tour of the facility you are met with a smile from all staff irrespective of their positions. The all inclusive package is the true meaning of relaxation as it kept me within the premises for the whole period. The variety cuisine and comfortable accommodation makes me want to return earlier than planned. Raymond, Jilan and Francis the cocktails were out of this world! Kudos to all staff and keep docking all over the world.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best with a cool breeze.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Manager_VBR, Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear Guest.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having chosen Voyager Beach resort as your preferred hotel during your recent holiday and having spared time to share your memorable experience in this forum.

We have taken note that you had a fantastic experience and the entire team is excited to have been part of this experience. We have forwarded the names of the colleagues mentioned in your review for our award program.

Your reviews are very important to us and we do appreciate your support.

Yusuf Olela

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (644)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

After a long and arduous first half of the year, I decided to treat myself & my dear wife toa beach holiday. It was also her birthday so my ducks were aligned. We decided to go back to Voyage Beach Resort because we had had a superb experience just six months earlier when we spent our December holiday there. The team there led by David did not disappoint and everyone including the chefs was falling over themselves to ensure we had a great time during our three days stay. David organised for a special surprise birthday cake for my wife that was delivered in style by the team of waiters. She really enjoyed! The reservations team also gave us a great room overlooking the beach and ensured we had a cot for our 19months son. The kids thoroughly enjoyed swimming in the beautiful pool with water slides it was a battle getting them out. To sum it up, Voyager is the place to be if you want a relaxed, rejuvenating experience!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Eveonyx
Dear Guest.

Voyager as you put is the best holiday destination for family and Colleagues you have
mentioned on your review are very happy to have been part of this experience.

Your are our brand ambassador and We look forward to hosting you in future.

Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Whilst it didn't start off that well (my airport transfer failed to appear and then my booking had also disappeared), the rest of my stay was superb and I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. Due to the issues with my booking, I was promptly upgraded to a suite and the room was superb. I like the simple things so if the shower works, the bed is comfortable and the place is clean then I will be happy but the room was excellent. The food was great, the beer was cold and the staff were both friendly and competent. I will definitely go back but next time I will make sure I have a few more days there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emptysea
Manager_VBR, Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest.

My apologies for the inconvenience with the transfer and your booking that was not charted in the system. The recovery and our professional and friendly staff is what makes this resort an edge above the rest and thanks so much for bringing that aspect to life.

Your reviews are very important to us and we do appreciate your support.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I ve been a passenger on board for 5 years in a row and going stronger

I will be back same time next time. And do I say
Bwana Philip and your staff are great
There's something about voyager that keeps me coming back year in year out. I dont know if it is the staff the meal or the camaraderie.
I think it's the look out bar. By the way Veronica is the bomb. She is great with customer relations and most of us are more than happy to have interacted with her. She has a nig heart in a small body.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2014

More often than not a second visit to the same place is not always pleasant, but when I stayed at Voyager a second time round, I was not disappointed. From the booking to the tail end of my stay...the entire experience was wonderful. I must commend the staff at Heritage hotels, Nairobi and those at Voyager for the wonderful experience. The facilities were very good from the sea view room, the restaurant, the pools, the grounds...all very well maintained.
A special thanks goes out to Phillip (restaurant mnager), Chef Nicholas Otieno, Chef Mukundi and Chef Miano who always made sure I had my gluten free food (main course to dessert). You made my stay all the more wonderful. Other than the chefs, I would also like to acknowledge Harrison (security personnel), Kennedy (pool attendant), Alice (house keeping), Esther (fruits and pancakes table in the restaurant) and many other who I cannot remember their names, particularly in the main restaurant; thank you for your friendliness and acts of service that were carried out so pleasantly.

For anyone looking for a good resort, Voyager is the place to go.

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are the best!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Wasike_Wasike, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Rahab,
It is always our pleasure to read such glowing tribute. When it comes for a repeat Guest like you it is almost a reason to pop a champagne.
We invite to now to join the world of Guests who have been coming to Voyager for a long time. Some planted the trees that we have in the unit. I prefer to call the them Grandpa and Grand Mas. I think you are now an Aunty and we look forward to you becoming one of our GrandMas soon.
The team looks forward to hosting you again soon.
The Voyager Crew.
Nairobi, Kenya
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for our annual family holiday and it was really nice and spacious for our baby.The adventurous kids club is really good.The staff were very helpful and willing to attend to us.We feel our money didn't go into a waste.i would recommend Voyager for family holidays because the kids a really taken care of.of all other beaches in the north Voyager is too private.
Great experience!!!!

Room Tip: Sea views are quiet with a cooling breeze from the sea.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at the Voyager and for taking time to post a comment on the TripAdvisor. We have taken note of the "Bouquets" to us on the Adventurers Club and other areas.
Voyagers greatest competitive advantage is really our Adventure and Family Market. We continue to innovate and improve on this segment of our Market. We believe when you come next it will be equally good if not better.
We appreciate the opportunity to be of service.
The voyager Team
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have been to many resorts as a family comprising infants and elderly and we got value for money, it was a wonderful experience especially for the children. The personal attention especially to the young ones is fantastic. Wonderful staff makes everything different, keep it up!
Want a family holiday? Voyager offers all with their very well thought out theme nights... no regrets at all

Room Tip: "Corner suites are large and sunny"
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Wasike_Wasike, Group Operations Manager at Voyager Beach Resort, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Guest,
We are so grateful that you chose to stay with us at the Voyager. We are happy you have given us a good review.
One of our strengths in the Family Adventure package and we are glad the Children felt taken care off.
The team look forward to hosting you and your Friends in future.
With kind Regards,