See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I went to Kigothos in December 2013 after booking on phone. The girl on phone had told me that the rate wasKSh 4000 per night for a one bedroomed unit. I sent the money for the three nights by mobile Cash transfer.I arrived on the appointed day and stayed with my family. It is a fair place, though has no A/C and is not on the beach, but for KSh 4,000, I could put up with that. What shocked me was after I checked out, I received a call from them that I should have paid KSh 12,000 per night. I tried to tell them that was not what we agreed, but they would have none of it. I personally do not advise anyone to go to this place. There are money hungry. Why dodn't they tell me the real rate when I was booking? I would never pay KSh 12,000 per night for a place that has no A/C and is not on the beach. The swimming pool is also very dangerous for children, as kids can easily drift from the children's pool to the deep end( the children's pool is next to the deep end and has openings big enough to let children pass). I actually saw a kid drift into the deep end, and his father had to rush in to save her.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family