Park Hyatt Beijing
Leitesi Hotel(Beijing)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
  • Pool
All reviewschina grillrain showerfloor lobbytop floorbath saltscorner roomguest roomslocker roomcctv towerhigh end mallgreat gymchina worldbusiness districtamazing hotelhotel lobbyfitness centerf b
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 March 2011

The hotel was very modern and stylishly decorated. Rooms were big and comfortable. Good pillows, no sound from corridor / outside. The bathroom was huge with a very comfortable shower + bathtube, but it was open, so you would have to walk through it to get into the bedroom/sleeping area, which may be an issue if sharing the room with someone you are not so familiar with (toilet is though separate and closed!). However perfect for the single traveller, probably couples too (i wouldnt mind it at all). Breakfast buffet was very good. There is a pool on the rooftop, but was unfortunately closed while I was there. However the pool on the 6th floor is amazing and much bigger than the average pool one would expect in a hotel, so perfect for a longer swim. Good gym with newer appliances. Nice bar for the evening.
Location is good, close to China WTC (can walk through the underpassage), and directly on a metro stop, which is useful as its so much faster than taking a cab around the city!
However we had a bad experience for lunch! (although the food tasted great...) one of the people at my table found a piece of a NAIL in the soup! Horrible, and noone except the waiter came to apologize! I hope it was a very unfortunate and rare event, because apart from that, the experience was perfect. But that ruined it somewhat.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 February 2011

My husband and I chose a special way to celebrate the Chinese new year. Though Park Hyatt is just near our house, we decided to spend the Chinese eve there. Everything is perfect. We had Guangdong style dinner with all the family members in 'the Private Room', then went back room to drink wine and enjoy the fireworks out of the window. Very unusual experience...

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 January 2011

I really enjoyed my visit to this hotel.
Located high above the city, lots of lights, nice touch of fine arts and good restaurant.
The room was really large and nicely organized with a bathroom open on the bedroom and lots of space for the luggages and the personal stuff. I really enjoyed the bathtub where you can sit two people comfortably with a view on the city.
Swimming pool is a real pleasure after hours walking in the city, large, calm and relaxed.
The gym is perfect for a proper training.
Breakfast, as usal with Hyatt, offer a very large selction of food of high standards. And you will have this breakfast with a nice view on the city.
Only negative comment is the location of the hotel. Very far from inner city attractions. You will need a cab if you way to see the touristic location (the hotel is right in one of the main business area of the city)
Anyway, hotel is highly recommanded.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Park_Hyatt_Beijing6, Director of Sales at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2011

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Park Hyatt Beijing and for the positive comments about our hotel facilities. We are planning to increase our breakfast offerings with more Chinese specialty items in the coming months for China Grill.

Park Hyatt Beijing is linked to the subway line and connects to all of the major tourist destinations ie Summer Palace, Forbidden City and Temple of Heaven. Our Chief Concierge will be more than obliged to provide the subway route information to you for your next stay.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for your great support extended to Park Hyatt Beijing for your most recent stay and we look forward to having more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Kind regards,
David Tseo
Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed 28 December 2010

We stayed in the Park Hyatt Beijing for 6 nights and had a fantastic time. The rooms are all beautiful with nice interior, modern and highest standard equipment. The staff is very helpful, most of them speak excellent English and are very professional and friendly. The view over Beijing is unique. We will come back to Beijing next year and will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank sugarclub
Reviewed 18 December 2010

I was moving to Beijing, so I stayed in this hotel for about 12 nights until I got myself a permanent residence. I think the longer you stay at some place, the more you appreciate how those people are trying to run a successful business. I had a very disturbing and an unusual electrical problem in my room. The management was so kind to upgrade my stay to a suite for the rest of the stay. The service was so good that I forgot what the problem was in the original room. For that I thank Park Hyatt Beijing. I will remember it.
Now to the hotel itself.
Location: great, in the business district of Beijing, where many global organizations are located around you (if you are in Beijing for business). Not far away from city center, where the famous Tian an men square and forbidden city. The hotel is located in the highest floors of a sky scraper. First 3 floors of the building is a high end shopping mall. It’s a walking distance from the famous Silk Market. One huge drawback though, there are NO taxis to catch from the hotel. If you want to leave the hotel for any destination, your only hope is waiting for a taxi that is bringing people to the hotel so you can take it. Most importantly, I don’t see the hotel doing anything about it.
Rooms: very clean, spacious, creatively designed, super comfy bed, stunning views of the city and excellent amenities. I wish the TV was a little bit bigger.
Food: The breakfast buffet did not have so many options that you usually find in other hotels. However, whatever was available was the best of its kind. China Grill, the hotel’s flag ship restaurant had a good menu, both Chinese and western food. Very pricy I think. Room service, had the same issue of the breakfast, not many options, and pricy. No quality issues.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business