“Great rooms and excellent concierge”
Review of Park Hyatt Beijing

Park Hyatt Beijing
Ranked #36 of 6,568 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I am a Diamond Gold Passport member, and I stayed with my family for two nights as part of our New Year's Vacation (leveraging the Chinese 72-hour visa free stopover). Our stay was excellent.

I was traveling with my 70-year old mother-in-law, my wife, and my two sons (ages 7 and 9). Given the size of our party, I used one of my suite upgrades -- and had it connect to an adjacent room. The suite / connecting room combination was AMAZING! Across the rooms, we had 2.5 bathrooms. In the "master" bathroom, we had a rain shower and a double-width bath tub as part of a massive bathroom. We also had a living area and a very attentive butler (who checked us in in our room, brought us welcome drinks and mineral water, and greeted us by name every time we passed through the lobby). We also had fresh fruit every day in the room. And, of course, the Park Hyatt beds are super-comfortable. Really excellent -- and this is before the views from the 46th floor!

The concierge was also excellent. We relied very heavily on the concierge for all aspects of our trip -- as we were a bit nervous in navigating Beijing with our crew (and with none speaking Chinese). The concierge exceed expectations. While we expected (and received) excellent service in our bookings (e.g., limo transfer from airport, tour guide, tickets to acrobatics show) -- it was the attentive checking-in on us when we crossed through the lobby which made the difference. Through these conversations, we ended-up extending our car-service on our final day to see some more sights -- and navigating an excellent local restaurant right around the corner with no English speaking staff (Three Guizhou Men).

The China Grill breakfasts were quite good -- with excellent views. As others have noted, the service for the made-to-order items can be a bit slow at times, but the food is otherwise excellent (esp off of the buffet). I particularly enjoyed the yogurt with fresh honey, the baked items, fruit, and the extensive Chinese breakfast selection.

While I knew we would be staying in the CBD, I was pleasantly surprised by what was immediately around the hotel (i.e., excellent shopping mall, local food, walking to acrobatics theatre) -- and what was a short drive away. I would gladly stay here again for work or leisure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel in early December and had a good time...good park hyatt with the usual services. The restaurant on top maybe a bit overpriced but with a great view and service was attentive as well.

Dry cleaning service was ok but no real touches.

Check in staff was friendly and very fast.

All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 23 December 2013

First, I'll admit I'm partial to all Park Hyatts, but this is my new go to hotel in Beijing for either work or personal visits. Great central location, excellent service, and wonderful food options on site. The rooms are beautifully designed, comfy beds, fast wi-fi, and all of the restaurant options offer great choices. There is also a bar + club so you don't have to go far for a night out.

This will be the only place I stay in BJ from now on. Also a great place to stay if you're just visiting the city.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I stayed at the Beijing Park Hyatt for the first time on a business trip in October 2013 after having tried out other central luxury hotels before - and this by far is the best:

1. Reception
Great reception desk on the 63rd floor with very nice and kind personnell. Check in and check out worked very efficiently!

2. Design
Absolutely splendish and elegant modern design on all levels, areas and the rooms.

3. Room
Spacious and very modern room with a great view onto central Beijing, slept very well. Amenities were great as well!

4. Food and bar
Visited the China/Whisky bar on the top level on my first night. Not an awful lot of life, but I came late... However, the views are great, the bar personnel is very kind and the drinks (vintage wines, whiskys and also cocktails) were very good... just nicely spend 45minutes before bedtime...
As I arrived late I did not have the time to check the restaurants, but the breakfast at the lobby level was excellent and the personell very kind and efficient!

Conclusion:
All in all a great choice in Beijing and for sure superior to other hotels I tried our before! Weill come back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2013

doing check at 15:30 and find out that the room is still not available. receptionist keep me waiting for long time at the reception without informing me what the reason the check in take so long, and after asking only she told me that the room is still not ready, even that's it's still 15:30. only then I got offered to seat and have a drink at resting area, but even when getting to the rest area still I had to wait and eventually got refused to get in. I choose park hyatt this time as my friend reccomand me. usually I stay in Beijing(on a weekly base) in different 5 star hotel in guomao area which have excellent service and much higher value for money. I had very poor experience and the worst and longest check in I experienced of over 1 hour! even after explaining that I'm in a rush I took so long

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shimon S
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Ideal location, Great value and Professional service - hallmarks of any great hotel. Park Hyatt all these and more! The striking part of this hotel is its focus on innovation to enhance the customer experience and differentiate itself from the rest of the pack. Evidence of this service innovation can is noticed inside the room, at the lobby, dining spaces and perhaps elsewhere where I haven't been. Park Hyatt is certainly the trendsetter.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Krishna R
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Absolutely professional service to our business event! The rooms have a great view of Beijing. The service during the day and evening event was worth every penny and all needs were met, very courteous and professional. Rooms are, spacious, modern and practical, great set up in the Park Hyatt's and very well equipped. My entire team loved the location and services provided; out of 20 people I had no complaints. Thanks!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple