“A fantastic hotel in Beijing”
Review of Park Hyatt Beijing

Park Hyatt Beijing
Ranked #32 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 17 February 2014

This hotel is by far one of the nicest I have ever stayed it. Stayed here for 2 days on business in February 2014. From arrival, everything is impeccible - the lobby surroundings, the guest rooms(stayed in a standard room which felt like a suite!), the staff and the food. The lobby is on the 63rd floor, and the guest rooms from floor 37-49, which can be a bit strange at first, but so long as you don't mind heights, is great to be up in the sky when you arrive.. the only thing that marred this was the pollution levels, which meant there was not much of a view to be seen. I would highly recommend this hotel - you won't be this kind of luxury for this price anywhere else in Asia.

Room Tip: I'm a light sleeper and was worried about having a room so close to the elevator, but this hotel...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Park Hyatt Beijing

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Booking via hyatt.com

Location: Central, easy to access by mtr, taxi, car.

Checkin: Very friendly, perfect introduction to the hotel. I liked the personal touch.
Checkout: All fine.

Room: Had a standard, which has enough space. 45th floor. Quiet, clean. Perfect bed. Perfect sleep.

Elevators are a little bit annoying, due the time you need to come to your room or to the lobby. But this seems to be the price you pay for the stunning views.

Overall: One of the good hotels in Beijing. Modern, nice architecture. Good consistent Hyatt service. Views are fantastic. Good location. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 February 2014

My wife and I went to Beijing and spent 4 days in Park Hyatt Beijing. It is located in the centre of the city. Service of the hotel is excellent from doorman to pool attendant. Room is large with a spectacular space and gives you comfort like your home. Super facility like health club, spa and pool, which is located in the tower, gives you good swim and beautiful view of Beijing. One drawback is you can get a taxi around six to seven pm and most of taxi driver do not know the location since its new. If you love to see the full view of Beijing with comfort then Park Hyatt is the best.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SWstevensonAlyssa
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Once again I find this to be a top notch hotel. It knocks the spots of the grand hotel it's huge sister hotel not far away. Although the grand has a brilliant swimming pool. However the park hyatt is more sophisticated and has the underground on its doorstep although many of you may not be brave enough to use it. Across the road is a great shopping mall with a ice rink. So for tourists it's close enough to many attraction and for business people it has all the services one could want. The bar is buzzy at night and attracts the glitterati of Beijing.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Fantastic room and very conveniently located in a city where the latter is super important. The staff is friendly, attentive and smart and the amenities top notch all the way. I will not hesitate asking the corporate travel drones to book this hotel again on my next trip and likewise recommend it to colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 January 2014

Sadly, another short business trip with no time to enjoy the huge suite I was given. :( In fact huge barely describes it. The bathroom was the biggest I have ever seen; so big that I almost needed a map to get around it. There was an enormous deep bath reminsicent of "I Claudius" and a cavernous shower cubicle which - being next to a full length window on the 65th floor - enjoyed stunning views over the city on a rare clear day in Beijing. That was quite a way to wake up! The toilet was also quite interesting - a Japanese style thing with music and washing functions. Hours of fun.. The bed was great and the breakfast buffet substantial. An excellent and well-located choice for the business traveller.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I am a Diamond Gold Passport member, and I stayed with my family for two nights as part of our New Year's Vacation (leveraging the Chinese 72-hour visa free stopover). Our stay was excellent.

I was traveling with my 70-year old mother-in-law, my wife, and my two sons (ages 7 and 9). Given the size of our party, I used one of my suite upgrades -- and had it connect to an adjacent room. The suite / connecting room combination was AMAZING! Across the rooms, we had 2.5 bathrooms. In the "master" bathroom, we had a rain shower and a double-width bath tub as part of a massive bathroom. We also had a living area and a very attentive butler (who checked us in in our room, brought us welcome drinks and mineral water, and greeted us by name every time we passed through the lobby). We also had fresh fruit every day in the room. And, of course, the Park Hyatt beds are super-comfortable. Really excellent -- and this is before the views from the 46th floor!

The concierge was also excellent. We relied very heavily on the concierge for all aspects of our trip -- as we were a bit nervous in navigating Beijing with our crew (and with none speaking Chinese). The concierge exceed expectations. While we expected (and received) excellent service in our bookings (e.g., limo transfer from airport, tour guide, tickets to acrobatics show) -- it was the attentive checking-in on us when we crossed through the lobby which made the difference. Through these conversations, we ended-up extending our car-service on our final day to see some more sights -- and navigating an excellent local restaurant right around the corner with no English speaking staff (Three Guizhou Men).

The China Grill breakfasts were quite good -- with excellent views. As others have noted, the service for the made-to-order items can be a bit slow at times, but the food is otherwise excellent (esp off of the buffet). I particularly enjoyed the yogurt with fresh honey, the baked items, fruit, and the extensive Chinese breakfast selection.

While I knew we would be staying in the CBD, I was pleasantly surprised by what was immediately around the hotel (i.e., excellent shopping mall, local food, walking to acrobatics theatre) -- and what was a short drive away. I would gladly stay here again for work or leisure.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family