“Excellent Hotel”

Ranked #24 of 6,448 Hotels in Beijing
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I have travelled to Beijing before on business and tried other hotels - all have been good, but in my opinion the Park Hyatt is the best.
The rooms are excellent, appointed to a very high standard.
The views from the bar over the city (if you are lucky enough to get a respite from the smog).
The concierge was superb, all requests were dealt with ease.
All in an excellent hotel

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
David T, Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear Joe B,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for Park Hyatt Beijing. Thank you for stating that Park Hyatt Beijing is one of the best hotels that you stayed at in Beijing.

We will try to do a rain dance for you so you can experience a better skyline view of the Capital when you come to China Bar, Level 65 during your next visit. Once again, our sincere appreciation for your great support extended to Park Hyatt Beijing.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I traveled through China for the first time in 1998. One of my strongest memories is the incredibly poor service I experienced everywhere back then.

China has changed a lot since. I lived in China from 2008 through 2013. I have stayed in dozens and dozens of hotels in 23 provinces. But nothing really beats the Park Hyatt in Beijing. To me, this is a symbol of China's incredible development and what has happened since my first visit back in 1998. The location is great, the view is spectacular, service is splendid, check-in is fast, check-out even faster and there is professionalism in every layer. The hotel is strongly recommended.

A small tip: Do yourself a favour and start your day with a swim in the indoor pool 200 meters above ground when the sun is rising over the Chinese capitol.

I told the guy at the front desk when checking out that this was my best hotel stay in China ever. I meant it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Geir S
Dear Geir S,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for Park Hyatt Beijing. Thank you for recommending the hotel to potential guests on Tripadvisor. We do take pride in our service and trying to continually improve on our standards.

Your comments during the check out mean a lot to me and the team. Once again, our sincere appreciation for your great support extended to Park Hyatt Beijing.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very convenient with direct access to the subway, (if subways are your thing. But given the traffic in Beijing, it may be the best choice.)

The Park Hyatt has amazing views across the city, including the trouser building. The hotel is actually a destination for local winers and diners which gives it an even more exclusive appeal.

The room has an onsen style bath which is great for a soak after a long day on the tourist trail. The Toto Washlet completes the luxurious bathroom needs.

Fully satisfied with the hotel that we chose for its reputation and location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank HKeater
Dear HKeater,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for Park Hyatt Beijing. Your comments about subway are very useful to new visitors in Beijing. Please ask our concierge team and they can give you more tidbits about the subway lines to make your life easier due to the Beijing traffic during congested periods.

The Toto wash let seat is one of my favorite features in the room. Please do tell us again when you plan to come to visit us again in Beijing.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The restaurant on the top floor had the most amazing view of the city. As the place is very popular, please make sure that you make prior bookings to avoid being disappointed. The food was above average but I would consider to be on the high side. The overall service was good.

I would go there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
David T, Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Joycewong2014,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for the China Grill, Level 66. It's a very popular restaurant because of the food and you can see the Beijing skyline from Chang An Avenue. Please do tell us again when you plan to come to visit us again in Beijing and I will arrange the best table for you.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for your great support extended to Park Hyatt Beijing and China Grill.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Ladies & Gentlemen. Welcome back to my TripAdvisor reviews, this time it is about the Park Hyatt Beijing, which is one of the best hotels I have ever been staying at, people are always drawing a smile into everyone's face, are very enthusiastic, trying to exceeding expectations at it's highest level. At this hotel, no matter in which room you are heading to, you feel warm and welcome and people will recognize you as a guest and take attention into detail. Of course, I did upload some photos on this website, mainly of the room itself and the breakfast, which is absolutely astonishing, and people every remember what your preferences and what you have been choosing yesterday or the day before yesterday. For example (see photos below), they had fresh biological carrots and I couldn't help myself but to try those out, since it is actually hard to get such in supermarkets (not only in China, but world-wide, unless you have access to a farm, or bio / farmer-market. So they pealed and washed them for me and took them to my table, since that time on they asked me whether I would like to have some carrots as side-dish. The breakfast itself has a great variety to offer, healthy and unhealthy stuff, but the selection of fresh juices is what you can only find at hotel brands such as Radisson or Hyatt, or Sofitel. Usually at most of the five star hotels they would only ask for "what's your room number" and than would let you pass to your breakfast table, at the Hyatt, they already know your name and would say "Dear Mr. X", let me take you to your breakfast table, would you like some of our biological carrots". Actually I'm staying right now at the hotel and usually I would review the hotel and the premises after check-out, but in this case, this is an exception and I feel like sending this message to the world: if you are coming to Beijing and it's in your budget, I would strongly recommend it for the following reasons: 1) it is easy accessible to public transport, 2) there is a shopping mall in-house, which includes top fashion brands and a Starbucks, 3) the rooms have every possible detail you can ever think of, including an Ipod station and on top of that an AUX IN cable can be offered, so you can actually play your own music, without even having to take an Apple product with you, a normal mobile nowadays or even a Notebook would do, 4) most of the rooms are like a "studio", the bath and showers are actually next to each other so you could -theoretically- prepare a bath and take a shower in the meantime and there is sea-salt already prepared and other tools such as a "brush" that would make your bath and shower experience very pleasant. (the last time I asked the Hyatt in Shanghai whether they have sea-salt, they asked me whether I would like to have a taxi instead, lol), 5) there are "Kimonos" and "bath-robes" offered in-room, which means, you can easily get around the hotel in an actual Kimono (very light and still keeps you warm) without anyone looking at you, thinking you are from the moon, because sometimes you would like to go to the pool, sauna, and maybe head to the bar have some fresh juice after-all, why heading back to your room and dressing up only for having a juice when you are actually about to head back to the sauna or relaxation area / Jacuzzi anyways? 6) at here even in the fitness center they are offering fruit looms and complimentary water-bottles / or you can easily also get to the water station and refill by yourself, 7) the sauna and the steam room are very clean and there is always a person available you could ask for assistance you may be seeking for, but usually people here already know what you want. The room is being cleaned around 2-3 times a day and this was astonishing too: I just took an apple out my room's fruit loom and went upstairs to do some sports, when I got back to the room, they added 2 more apples and a banana instead, including water next to the bed. The first and second day of my stay I took a friend with me and he joined me for swimming and sauna, other friends joined later for drinks at the bar at level 63, the very first day once I got back to the room, the member of staff here (room / cleaning service) and adjusted the lights, automatic blinds for us, to make sure our atmosphere is a pleasant as possible. Usually that kind of service I'm only used to at Emirates Airlines First and Business Class, usually at the EK Airbus A380 First-Class they would prepare some ALOE TEA for you after you in-flight-shower and prepare a variety of fruits and your favorite drink on your First-Class seat. 8) full automatic WC with TOTO sensor technology, the WC actually opens already up once you are getting close to it, it has water cleansing and drying function and much much more to offer, 9) as you can see below the room offers a leather sofa, and the wardrobe can be closed as a "separate room", 10) you can also format your studio to a one bed-room apartment, because you can easily close "the wall / door" between the bath and the living / bed-room, 11) Nespresso machine and tea-set is standard, just made 2 coffees in the afternoon, left the room for the gym, once I was back, they already refilled the Nespresso capsules, 12) there are so many more things I could mention here, nice hotel, great atmosphere, there are also some convenient stores around the hotel such as 7-11, but everything you may need can actually be offered by the hotel, or is already in the room.

Room Tip: Book directly from the Hyatt website, apply for Gold Passport.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
David T, Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear SQUALO85,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Park Hyatt Beijing and for your 12 intuitive comments about our hotel and facilities. I even appreciate the fact that you are posting the comment as you still in the hotel. Hopefully, we can meet for a drink prior to your departure.

Once again, our sincere appreciation for your great support extended to Park Hyatt Beijing and we look forward to having more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The Park Hyatt is yet another beautiful hotel but it is the way that it incorporates its earthy tones and natural elements (think lush indoor trees, stone laden ponds and water features) in what is a mammoth commercial building that truly sets this place apart.

Upon arriving at the 63 floor lobby I was immediately calmed and gently taken over to a reservation desk by a very fluent member of the staff who made the check-in process (and subsequently took us to our room and explained all of the features) more of an experience than a chore. The room received was nothing short of stunning. It is a very open plan design but the exquisite limestone laden shower/ bath (with luxurious amenities and a fantastically large rainforest shower head), dark wood floors and warm interior colour make for a perfectly relaxing space. Oh, and did I mention that our room had the MOST AMAZING view of the Big Pants!

While we did check out the hotels ultra-cool pool it was a little too busy for our liking and so we didn’t get in. While the location of the hotel is seemingly a bit out of the way, its redeeming features are sure to convert any hotel snob into a Park Hyatt lover! Also, be sure to grab a pic in the hotel's lobby at night with the amazing cityscape in the background.

For photos of the hotel, please check out my travel blog:

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
David T, Manager at Park Hyatt Beijing, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear DolceBunnie,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review for the Park Hyatt Beijing and for your comments about our hotel facilities. Please do tell us again when you plan to come to visit us again in Beijing and I will ensure that you get another room looking at the "Big Pants".

Once again, our sincere appreciation for your great support extended to Park Hyatt Beijing for your most recent stay and we look forward to having more opportunities to serve you in the future.

Catawba, Ohio
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I recommend this place to everyone who visits Beijing!! Top notch customer service, restaurants, and VIP accommodations!! They will take to you to many attractions, and their knowledge of local eats is fabulous!

Room Tip: I prefer the higher floors for a better view
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business