“Perfect for business - great facilities and staff”
Review of Park Hyatt Beijing

Park Hyatt Beijing
Ranked #29 of 6,556 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 4 December 2010

Had a three day stay with other directors and was very impressed with the hotel. Rooms were fabulous - the space, the faciities and the toilet with warm seat! Only slight negatives were the fussy blinds, lack of TV channels in English and the charging for wifi. Staff were highly attentive and the facilities were first rate. Gym was 'temporary' but the size of a football field with all the equipment - I wonder what the permenant one will be like. Good location close to all the major cental areas and walking distance to the silk market. Layout is a bit confusing. reception on 63rd floor then another lift to the bars etc and another one to the rooms which are between 37 and 49 - alot of up and down. View from 66th excellent when the smog isn't there.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank MiddleEnglandMan

Reviewed 5 November 2010

An absolute delight. We finished a two week stay in China with a couple of days at the PH. From the airport pickup to the checkout...everything was flawless (even how they dealt with the ac problem in the room). The spa was relaxing and I highly recommend the foot massage treatment. Worth every penny! The food at the hotel was a welcome relief from endless business dinners and lunches we sat through during our business travel days. Dinners at China Grill were delicious, especially the Sashimi and Sushi. The subway station is right underneath the hotel, so getting around was easy.We are looking forward to our next stay...

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank hdss379
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Stayed here 1 night upon my return home to China and I am quite perplexed by all of the reviews classifying this hotel as superlative.

Positives
-I will say about the hotel is that the rooms are "wired." Clearly well thought out room lighting controls, etc.
-Offers nice business/meeting venues replete with nice views of beijing.

Negatives
-Service was hit or miss. Reception was very abrupt in dealing with guests though bar service was friendly.
-Maybe I am just not getting it but the theme of this brand seems to me to be..."minimalist." Public areas and rooms feel "barren." Furniture is not overly comfortable.
-Very aggressively priced.

I shake my head reading all of these reviews. This hotel really gave me a barren, empty and institutionalized feeling. I couldn't stop thinking that for the money I paid, I was given very little in return- aesthetically that is. Yet, I feel that the average consumer is being brainwashed into thinking that "less is better" or "more chic" and thus, willing to pay ridiculous prices for very little in return.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Gilgameshed
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Located in 50+ floor, the PH Beijing is one of the best Hotels in Beijing (besides the fantastic, out-of-this-competition Aman Summer Palace). You have fantastic views (ask for a room facing the avant-garde CCTV-building!), the location is strategicly very good, the pool is in the 51st floor with nice views, and service is very good indeed.

But compared to the fantastic Park Hyatts in Shanghai and Tokyo, this one lacks: It lacks room size, the rooms are not as beautifully high as in the other PHs which make them a bit claustrophobic, the restaurants are too huge to be as individualistic as they should be in a Park Hyatt.

But anyway, it's a good hotel indeed!

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank McGyverNYC
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Was here for 2 days stay.

The hotel was about a year old, great CBD city centre location, not a lot of taxi awareness, plus the hotel was located at the back side, which was easy to guide taxi to. Getting taxi from there might take a while as they are inside and not that close to the main road, but the hotels concierge are helpful.

To check-in you'll have to take elevator up to 66 floor and then switch to guest elevator to go down again to your room, but the guest elevator doesnt connect to the lobby, so it can be frustrating for rushing business people.
The view at the top are pretty good on clear days, the restaurant are good and reasonably priced (IFW). There is a minimum charge for the top tables and mostly reserved for most days.

The room was roomy and not bad in my taste, no fuzz and simple clean layout, some people complained about the toilet being the immediate side when you open the doors I was fine with it, I do like the automatic Toto toilet very easy to use.
Now the bathroom and the basin can be a bit confusing as they are open no blinds or anything so I will not suggest sharing room with people you dont know as it is quite open. I do like the Japanese style bathtub. The room comes with latest amenities like nespresso coffee, iPod speaker, and DVD menu on demand.

Other than that the overall is good, bed were comfy, internet is fast great place for single business traveler.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2010

Modern and stylish design of rooms. Confortable beds and pillows, great view to the city. Wonderful bar at 61st floor. Great swimmingpool.

Just perfect.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2010

My recent stay at the Park Hyatt Beijing was absolutely, positively 100% perfect in every way. Over 4 days, there was not even one small issue: the room was beautiful, the facilities outside the room were fantastic, and absolutely every aspect of the service was flawless. It was one of those rare stays where everything just fell into place. We were there on business and had asked the hotel to send its car and arrange VIP immigration service. The representative met us at the jetway, guided us to the VIP immigration line, took our luggage tags and by 5 minutes later when we had cleared into the PRC, she had our bags collected and ready. The Hyatt’s car was waiting and promptly took us to the hotel, communicating our arrival in advance so that we were met by a team of 4 or 5 greeters. I was traveling with my boss; we were each escorted to our respective Park Suites where the registration was handled in-room. So, from jetway to room, we were never left behind.

The Park Suite was wonderful. A bottle of reserve Malbec was waiting with a note from the duty manager. There was a beautiful selection of fresh fruit which was replaced daily. The suite is about 1,000 square feet and has a very nice living room with a large L-shaped couch facing into an entertainment system with large plasma, stereo, etc. There is a Nespresso machine; capsules were dutifully replenished daily (I fell in love with Nespresso at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo and have one in-home, so always a pleasure to get one on the road – nothing like 24/7 top notch espresso in-room!). There is a large desk in the living room, with wired and wireless Internet. I used the wired which worked fine; my boss reported that the wireless was working fine as well. His I-Pad was even working in addition to his laptop. The bedroom has an almost-too-comfortable bed and the bathroom is a highlight, itself almost as large as the bedroom and with enormous stone tub and large glass enclosed walk-in shower with rainforest head in the ceiling above. The lighting and controls through the suite are automated and logical. The suite is, simply, homely and inviting. It's a marvelous environment in which to tuck into Beijing.

One of my very favorite parts of the hotel is the spa and pools. I had 3 massages over the few days I was there – all were excellent experiences. I had a 90 minute “travel relief massage” just after arrival; basically a very relaxing deep tissue massage with some aromatherapy aspects to deal with the jetlag; worked wonders for me and my jet lag seemed to be lessened compared to other recent Asia trips. A few days later I tried a Chinese massage followed by a session of foot reflexology. The latter was really nice – the work on the pressure points in the feet left me feeling better than in a long time. I used the locker room (great steam and sauna) and pools daily; you need not receive a treatment to use these. The pools are one of the top features of the hotel and rarely were crowded (late at night a few times I was the only one there). There is a large cold pool and two hot pools one of which is absolutely huge and has stunning views down over the city. The whole rooms is the classic “modern Asian” motif of dark hardwood, indoor ornamental trees, etc. Stunning architecture. If you don’t use the pools, you’re missing out!

We ate in China Grill for dinner the first night, there’s a very nice variety of items (Western, Chinese Japanese, etc.), and returned a few times for breakfast over the next few days. We also enjoyed several room service experiences. All of the food in the hotel was of absolutely great quality. Fresh, innovative, great service. I focused most of my meals on the Chinese selections, and in particular, on some of the seafood items. The scallops and other fish dishes were all of the freshest quality. Nice stuff and delivered by a professional and attentive staff.

We used the hotel’s car for all 4 days of our stay. While it came at a price, it was worth every penny. I had provided the hotel with a list of the locations of our business meetings in advance and the driver was very well prepared and had us everywhere on time (10 meetings in 2 days – not that easy…). We frankly experienced little traffic, probably at least in part due to the driver’s skill in circumventing streets that were busy. Where our schedule did call for certain traffic he was careful to warn us and suggest when we had to leave in order not to be late. The driver was courteous and we felt extremely safe in his hands.

All in all, and especially for those of you who are traveling on business, this is the best hotel I have stayed at in Beijing and I have nothing but the highest recommendations for it.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business