“Spectacular hotel”

Ranked #29 of 6,483 Hotels in Beijing
New York City, New York
“Spectacular hotel”
Reviewed 18 March 2011

One of the best hotels anywhere. Great service. Great room. Great staff. An unparalleled experience. Truly top notch.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, 20 March 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know how we did during your recent stay in our hotel and we are glad that you rated us so highly. The team and I look forward to your next visit and look forward in providing future renewing stays for you.

Be Well and Be Westin!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 9 March 2011

Aloha!

I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to the wonderful mangement and staff of the Westin Chaoyang.

This beautiful hotel has served as my "second" home for the past month. From the moment you arrive, you feel special, at home. From the Doorman as you exit the cab, to Mandy, who greets you as you enter the hotel, to Tina, who works to make sure your check-in is effortless, to the gentleman who always calls your elevator before you even ask, to Sebo, who always ask when seeing you, with the most beautiful smile, "how are you today, is there anything you need?" Simply amazing.

The staff in the Executive Lounge has been most impressive. The staff remembering my name after my first day here and always greeting me and tending to what ever I may need. Miss Cecily and David along with their superb staff have made it an absolute pleasure to come to breakfast every day. Most noteworhty of this exceptional staff is Jenny, Moore, Nikki, Formular and Seni. They are, without exception, the most personable, professional and courteous staff I have ever encountered.

In your restaurants, the Manager and superb waitress Janice of Grange and Anna and Jenny of Seasonal Treats have made me feel so welcomed and special when I dine with them, I really don't look to go anywhere else when I consider going out.

But this journey began with your amazing salesperson, Miss Rebecca Thompson, who made it clear from the moment we talked, that me and my colleagues who had made the choice to stay here at the Westin, were her #1 priority! She is a joy to work with and makes everything we need, like the rest of your incredible staff, EASY.

One day during my visit I had the pleasure of riding up in the lift with Daniel and Kathy, the General Manager and Hotel Manager, and was asked if I had any complaints, in which I answered, my only complaints was I could not say enough goog things about this hotel and the staff.

Please accept and pass on my warmest appreciation to you and your friendly and talented staff. I look forward to the next three weeks I have here at 'home". Please realize that these people make the Westin my FIRST choice.

Most Sincerely,
JD Darby

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, 21 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Your comments are well received and we really appreciate it.

It is our pleasure to learn you enjoy your stay experience with us and you have been well looked after by our team. Your comments have been delivered to our team who are really inspired by your complimentary words.

We expect to welcome you back in the short future and shine your uplifting memory with us again.

Be refreshed.
Beijing, China
Reviewed 7 March 2011

The room is very comfortable and luxury. The waiters always can delight customers.
The customers can get the surprise everyday.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your stay with us and your comments. It is very refreshing to learn you enjoyed your Westin experience with us.

Unwind with us next time. We expect you come back soon.
den haag
Reviewed 6 March 2011

I think Westin is the most impressive hotel I’ve ever stayed in especially in Beijing. Heavenly bed should be the first I strongly recommend, really soft and relaxing. Besides, the variety kinds of fresh, delicious food for the Sunday brunch are attractive. Their waitress suggested I try their Chinese restaurant, maybe next time I will go. This hotel more suites those who are tightly on business, really good choice!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear reviewer,

We are delighted to learn you refreshed your experience by our Heavenly Bed and Sunday Brunch which we named Bubbalicious.

Sincerely we look forward to your next visit to replenish yourself with Westin.

Be Westin! Be Well!
Toronto
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I was at the Westin on Feb 19-22, 2011. I was traveling in China with colleagues from my MBA program, age range 23-50+.

Food:
- the BEST buffet breakfast I have ever experienced. There was an abundance of choice and the quality was nothing less than expected from a five start hotel.
- assortment of fruit, fruit drinks, yogurts, smoothies, pastries, congee and chinese food, a sushi bar, cheese and meat station, etc.
- main lobby cafe was pricey, but that is to be expected

Room:
- good sized room with adjustable doors to create a larger, open-concept room
- bathroom is well designed with invisible doors and a tucked away toilet
- numerous toiletries provided (i.e. shaver kit, dental kit, etc)
- beds were extremely comfortable, blinds were automatic, temperature was warm

Service:
- five start hotel service is what I experienced, at all times

- pool was amazing, but it might be too dark for some people
- no common hot tub, but there is one in each changeroom
- gym has state of the art equipment and the spa provided many services

Location:
- hotel is right off a main road (uncrossable), but located in a tourist area where local flavours and attractions are not immediately common
- numerous high-end retailers and designers are located in or attached to the hotel

Overall, specatular lobby and amenities, service was great and the bufeft breakfast alone is worth the reservation!!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and we are so glad that you rated us highly. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your Westin experience with us. The team and I are looking forward to your next visit and look forward in providing future renewing stays for you.

Be inspired!
Hong Kong
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I am a frequent business traveler to Beijing and have stayed in the two Westin hotels in Beijing at least a dozen times over the past year.

Like the hardware and amendities at Westin Chaoyang. Location is great with convenient access to airport and business district. However,service quality is a frequent issue at this hotel, in my experience. The staff there often don't get it, When they do mess up, never once do I hear an apology of any sort.

As an SPG platium member who spends more than 60 nights each year with Starwood hotels, I never had the luck to a suite upgrade (a great benefit from SPG) at this hotel. I understand such upgrade is subject to capacity, but after more than a dozen stay over the past year, I suspect the local hotel management just DON'T do it.

So next time, I will vote with my foot and stay at Westin Financial Distrcit or elsewhere. There are plenty of top hotels in Beijing, at least some of them are more attentive than Westin Chaoyang.

1 Thank DPK-Traveler
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking your time to share your feedback with us.

We are truly disappointed to hear of your unpleasant upgrade experience and regret we were not able to meet your expectation. We will address this specific issue that you mentioned to our management team and strive to improve our service especially towards our SPG members.

We do hope to renew your experience next time.

Be well.
Shenzhen, China
Reviewed 16 February 2011

My husband and I went to Westin Chaoyang during the Chinese New Year and had a dinner at Chinese restaurant. Due to the Chinese new year, we didn’t wait, we had a seat when we arrived. The waitress was smiling all the time to us and the recommendation was our tastes. Food quality and quantity are premium level, and service is good as well. Also food is suitable to foreigner as well. We will go to Westin Chaoyang again if we have time.

• Stayed February 2011
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this review, 2 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your Westin experience. We are very glad you and your family had a wonderful time with us during Chinese New Year Festival. The team and I look forward to your next visit and we will continue providing renewing stays for you.

Be Elevated, Be Westin!