US$182
US$165
Priceline
  • Restaurant
1,451 results
All reviewsheavenly bedmassage chaircorner roomring roadhigh floorthird ringsubway stationbusiness tripexecutive clubbusiness travelerbreakfast buffet isclose to the airportvery nice hotelchinese restaurantrooms are spaciousexecutive floorshopping mall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have staid there at each trip I make in Beijing, around 3 times a year for 5 years
Everything is fine: very good location, although more for business than tourism, but Sanlitun bar district is within walking distance, very nice rooms, beds and bathrooms (ask for high floor rooms) , very clean and modern, good food in several restaurants, although the best ones are expensive, very good bar, large swimming pool and sport complex...and a very good service, very reactive (my last trip, I rang at 11 pm as the coffee machine was not working, somebody brought a new one within 5 minutes).
I even took all my family there in February, everybody liked it

Room Tip: Ask for high floor, looking south
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang and sharing your insights with our friends here on tripadvisor.com. We are glad that hotel service and facilities found your appreciation. We look forward to your next visit in the near future for yet another uplifting experience with us.

Stay well,

Hotel Management

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is a Westin-class hotel but has lesser quality than, say, the Westin Bund hotel in Shanghai. Our room was spacious and functional, but there were some negative aspects to its design and some things didn’t work properly. For instance, there is a translucent glass wall separating the bathroom from the bedroom. While nightlights are marginally sufficient to find the toilet in the middle of the night, if you need to see something (e.g. to take medicine) and must turn on a bathroom light, it floods the nearby bed with light. Speaking of lights, something went wrong on our final night: None of the lights could be turned off with any of the switches in the room. The only way to turn off lights was to take the key-card out of the slot by the door…but that turned off the air-conditioning as well. After reporting the problem to the front desk, I tried pushing the master button several more times and it finally worked. Back to the bathroom: the clouded section of the glass door to the toilet seems to be mis-located. A person sitting in the tub can see through clear glass whoever is sitting on the toilet from the floor up to their stomach (hardly private), while the clouded section of glass hides the person’s upper body and face. It should be the opposite.
The lobby is very modern with a spectacular ceiling and the floor is constantly being mopped. There is a classy bar; the prices of drinks are the same as from the mini-bar in the room. There is a fine array of food from the breakfast buffet. On our last night, we had dinner in the same buffet room and found a variety of options of good food (e.g. lamb curry, Peking duck, sushi and sashimi, and a wide variety of desserts including ice cream).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing the feedback with us. We're sorry for the inconvenience that you've come across during your stay and glad that you enjoyed your dining experience here. We will certainly continue to reach our potential and bring our guests more real Westin experiences.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

It is hard to be too critical of this hotel. The rooms are well furnished, the bathrooms are excellent and the public areas are very attractive, but, as with its sister hotel in Xian, the Sheraton, it is the relatively unimportant things that lets it down.
I have no idea what Aron H, an earlier reviewer, is used to, but I have to vehemently disagree about the quality of the breakfasts. Perhaps he chose the Chinese options, because the Western choices of bacon, hash browns and similar accompaniments to eggs were tepid and had clearly been cooked many hours earlier. On our last morning we had an early departure, so we were down for breakfast at 6.30 when it officially started and even then the hot trays were full of tepid food. Order English Breakfast tea at your peril, because we failed dismally to get one decent hot cup of tea on any of the three mornings we ate there.
My other major problem with hotels is when they offer air conditioning, but it doesn't work. Three times we complained that the temperature in our room would not drop below 22c and three times a member of staff (including a maintenance man) would come and inspect the unit, assure us that it was now working and three times it failed to do so. I'm sorry and maybe you think I'm obsessed with breakfast and air con, but for me an hotel that fails to get these things right does not deserve to be classified as 5 star

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your comments, and please accept our apology for the inconveniences you experienced. Your valuable feedback has been passed to respective department for further improvement. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and bring you a real Westin experience.

Wish you all the best on your journey.

Best regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The hotel is located on the corner of the diplomatic quarter, close to the Lufthansa center with the Brew House and many other decent restaurants.
The rooms are generous and well equiped with all you need, also well maintained - even when you can see the first traces of use.
Gym and pool are good, the steam and saune need alreday some maintenance.
The club lounge if fabulous, as well as the bar and restaurants.
Easy tor reach by the airport express train with just one change.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Westin_Chaoyang, Manager at The Westin Beijing Chaoyang, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your compliment. We're glad that you have enjoyed the room, gym, swimming pool and our club lounge during your stay. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Westin in Chaoyang is a great hotel with great service. I had a cozy and spacious room on floor 27. I enjoyed every night I spent at the hotel, and my mornings started quite well too, thanks to the superb breakfast on the 2nd floor.

What I really liked about this hotel (besides the standard 5* things):
- Never had to wait for a taxi
- Check-in and check-out extremely fast, but even while I was waiting to check-in/out (maximum 2 minutes), I was offered some wonderful tea.
- Quite good location. Downtown may be a bit far away, but our offices are near.

No doubt I will go to this hotel again when I go to Beijing.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for rewarding us a full score review. At Westin, everything is designed for a better you. We will try our best to make you feel renewed at the moment you leave than you arrived. Look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,