“Only in desperation”

Ranked #3,279 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Benoni, South Africa
“Only in desperation”
Reviewed 19 February 2013

I still have nightmares about my stay here in September 2012. I booked in here as it was close to the airport and offered transport to an from the airport, convenient if you are a solo traveller. On arrival, there was no-one in sight for my pick up, but as I had read previously, there was a pick up point, so I headed to the specific entrance. After enquiries at the airport info desk, I eventually met up with some fellow travellers and the illusive meeting person. The said assistant spoke no English and took us on a grand tout of the airport levels until we eventually found our transport. Long story short, we eventually got to the hotel (2k away), two hours after landing.

The hotel front desk staff were very unfriendly, had little understanding of English, and took a very long time to process the guests.

I had alot of luggage but no help was offered, not too disturbing except that my room was really hidden away and it took me an additional trip to reception to ask where it was located. Once again, no one offered to guide me to the room.

The room itself was pretty run down - bathroom had broken soap dispensers, did not appear very clean and the toilet was so blocked that it did not flush my entire stay, even though I did complain. The window could not be closed, which means I was subjected to the noise from the traffic in the street below and some good doses of carbon monoxide. Carpets were dirty and stained, and I could not bring myself to not wear some form of shoes. The only relief was that the bed was clean.

Out of pure exhaustion I spent the night there, but was ready to escape at dawn! Never again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the street, even better avoid altogether!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Caroline K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Travellers also viewed these Beijing hotels
Jinhangxian International Business Hotel
CITIC Hotel Beijing Airport
CITIC Hotel Beijing Airport
#474 of 6,463 in Beijing
Airport YUANHANG International Hotel Beijing
Airport YUANHANG International H...
#2,222 of 6,463 in Beijing
Best Western Grandsky Hotel Beijing

Been to Shenggang Express Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Shenggang Express Hotel

Property: Shenggang Express Hotel
Address: No.12 Xiping Street, Capital Airport, Shunyi District, Beijing 100621, China
Region: China > Beijing > Beijing Capital International Airport
Business Centre with Internet Access Restaurant Room Service Airport Transportation
Ranked #3,279 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Shenggang Express Hotel 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Shenggang Express Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Rising Harbor Quick Motel