All reviews boutique hotel free mini bar iron and iron board cool hotel interior decoration perfect location a king size bed great hotel living room coffee machine a wonderful stay breakfast was included shopping area two nights business trip walking distance toilet
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I stayed 4 nights at this hotel - Eddy the manager made me feel at home - a very helpful young man his team also wonderful, breakfast with several options a la carte. room service spot on as well as location, I will definitely I will go back at any time. 100% recommended for those that appreciate the good taste.

Room Tip: rooms that face the city
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
William L, General Manager at CHAO Sanlitun Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Guest,

We thank you so much for your awesome review, we will keep it up to keep you coming back.

Eddie, me and the rest of our team are waiting for the pleasure to host you again.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

The hotel is located across the street from Sanlitun and next to Sanlitun Soho and Intercontinental. The property is a bit harder to find but it's easy to walk to all the areas where young people like to hang out. It's definitely not your usual hotel experience. The lobby is a vast open and empty space like a large art gallery. The check-in area has no staff standing behind counters and instead a communal bar-side concept very much like the ones in Andaz hotels.

The property has plenty of customizable areas for all kinds of events. It is plain, large, empty and design neutral, which is perfect for all. It even has a private movie cinema. If you like the idea of living in a modern art museum, Chao is definitely your cup of tea.

The guest rooms are also smartly designed with taste and details. There are no chandeliers, marbles, fancy carpets or antiques. You get a fully functional bar, a few design chairs, fresh flowers and orchids, and a bathroom which emphasizes on environmental friendliness. That means no small plastic bottles of amenities. Instead, you are presented with large pump-sized shampoos and body wash. Even the toothbrushes are made of bamboo instead of plastic.

Each room has a fully stocked mini-bar which is completely free and replenished daily, except the bottle of wine that is chargeable. It is one of the best stocked free mini-bars which I have seen comparing to properties like Andaz or The Puli. Aside from sodas you have beers, coconut water, juices, energy drinks and even probiotic drinks. In addition, you get 3 jars of snacks including local nougats, energy bars, gummy bears and m&ms etc.. Not bad at all.

TV has free movies and you are even provided with ear plugs and eye masks by the bed side table. The bed is also extremely comfortable and provide good support. No complaints there.

In terms of food and beverage, I had a few lunches in the hotel which I find the food delicious and reasonably priced. I didn't get to try the breakfasts and the bar, but I have no doubt the experience would be similar.

All in all, whether this is the hotel for you really speaks to your personality. At its price point, if you are looking for a place that wows you, to entertain large group of friends and to party, this may not be a place for you. This is a place if you want to lounge with a few close friends. This is a place for those who have been well traveled, who have already seen all the luxurious hotels, and who enjoys privacy more than anything.

I hope you get the idea.

Stayed: June 2018

Dear Guest,

Your review is a delight to read, we love the flow. The kind of appreciation that hoteliers dream to have.

We feel honoured knowing you have enjoyed the experience.

We will continue improving so we can keep providing you with the best hospitality experience.

At CHAO, we aim to please.

We look forward to the pleasure of hosting you again and hopefuly to meet you in person.

Willam Latour

Reviewed 9 June 2018

My stay at CHAO in Beijing was remarkable! hotel design is really beautiful and spaces are both tasteful and warm. Staff was super friendly and helpful not only with hotel service matters but also with enquiries concerning my business meetings during this trip. Breakfast was absolutely delicious. I look forward to coming back!

Room Tip: Great Location
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your remarkable appreciation, it is very important for us to know that you enjoyed the experience.

It gives us the courage and the confidence to continue improving.

We look forward to the pleasure of hosting you again when you will return to Beijing.

Reviewed 7 June 2018

Amazing room with complementary mini bar and full black out shades, fantastic staff, excellent breakfast with choice of three menus (east, west, nourishing) and lots of fresh fruits. Champagne each evening in the lobby. Full service bar at reasonable prices. Great location as well.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you, this is precisely we aim to hear for keeping CHAO a great value at fair price.

We thank you for noticing it, we will keep improving until the pleasure of hosting you again.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Very nice hotel, friendly and attentive staff, seamless check in process (although I could see if many people trying to check in at once the work bench approach may not be that effective). Nice spacious hotel, appealing in look and feel but a bit complicated to find your way around.
Room was spacious and full of amenities but lacking any real work space if you need it, there was a bench and what appears to be a make up counter, right in front of the tv, but neither ideal. Bed was comfortable, perhaps a little soft for my liking but high quality. Some strange voids in the room, I guess with a minimalist approach best to leave them empty but still a bit odd. Air conditioner seemed overly sensitive and a control panel that is very hard to read, because it was on/off constantly I just turned it off. Great shower although lighting over bathroom basin not so bright. Room mood lighting a nice touch, probably better if travelling with a companion.
The block out curtain on the window was very good, provided a very dark room with no intruding light to bother you at night.
WiFi was working but then stopped in the evening and hadn't restarted in the morning, a little frustrating but certain Apps didn't work on WiFi anyway so I went on to roaming.
As mentioned, staff were very attentive and friendly in approach, no faults there. The bar looked good with a broad selection of alcohol but I didn't try. Restaurant menu not huge but what I chose was very well executed, no complaints at all about the quality of the food I received. Breakfast was included and it was more in a Korean style of delivery but with a range of dishes, I liked it and a nice contrast to some of the other bland semi-warm stuff you get from other hotels. Coffee could improve a bit though.
Whilst a few criticisms I think this is a very nice hotel and I would be happy to stay again.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any views to worry about in this area!
Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
William L, General Manager at CHAO Sanlitun Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Guest,

We thank you for your comprehensive review and rating. We are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay and have taken note of your constructive comments.

We will continue sparing no effort in making CHAO a better place and look forward to hosting you again when you will return to Beijing.