Greeting when we arrived was friendly, helpful and professional despite the fact that a huge cruise group was checking in at the same time (and yes, the cookies are lovely). We had booked a 2 bedroom suite as we have children - this was a perfect room for us and even had a kitchenette in the central living area between the two bedrooms. My only complaint about the room was that the aircon kept resetting itself - every time we came back to the room we had to reset the temperature and even then it seemed to sometimes change and/or switch itself off during the night. Breakfast buffet was excellent with good choice and very fresh-tasting food, I particularly loved the steamed dim sum. We had lunch there one day too and the food was good. The front desk and restaurant staff are very friendly and many of them speak reasonable English. The style of the hotel is modern and clean.
The hotel is next to an enormous department store and mall so it was very easy to buy food and other bits of shopping. The only problem is that it is so far from the centre of Beijing - a good 15 minutes by taxi if the traffic is good and sometimes cabs were difficult to find. It's also 2km from the nearest metro station so we couldn't use that easily with children either.
Overall, I'd definitely stay here if I had transportation (for example a driver or a tour group). Otherwise I'd probably look for a hotel closer to the centre of town, but of course Beijing is enormous so one would need to take taxis anyway and at least they are cheap. I felt the hotel was good value for money, particularly the two bedroom suite which was cheaper than two separate rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Beijing is the very first upscale property in Asia under this new Hilton family brand, which opened in June 2008. This 26-storey hotel is located in the south-west part of the capital city, just 38 kilometers away from the Beijing Capital International Airport, and only 85 meters away from Da Guan Ying station of Subway Line No.7. The contemporary 5 star hotel is the perfect retreat for leisure or business travel, with all guest rooms covered by wireless networks and FREE Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda and Hilton EMEA so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Double Tree By Hilton Hotel Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing
- Beijing Hilton International