We were there on the last leg of our Princess Cruise. Anyone who doesn't take Princess up on their connection packages is crazy. We travel a lot. And Princess always puts us up at a very nice hotel, with transfers for a few bucks more than figuring it out yourself. But enough about Princess.
The hotel is beautiful, clean, sharp marble in the lobby. English spoken by all staff we encountered. And in Beijing that's saying something.
The room was beautiful clean and modern. It was late afternoon when we arrived after being on a tour all day. when we got into the room it must have been 90 degrees, no kidding. And we couldn't figure out the air conditioning. Within minutes the bell boy was bringing up the bags and turned on glorious air! And also told up the bottled water was complimentary. We had a view to the west (that's why It was so hot) from the 16th floor, looking to a very small park below and a mall across a courtyard. My husband went out to buy bottle of coke and beer, and the mini market was within a block. We'd had a huge lunch and really didn't care about dinner. But about 9 we wanted a snack and went to the McDonalds across the street (not proud about this) and had probably the best spicy chicken sandwich ever, really.
We had to be up at 4:30 AM for our 8:30 AM flight back to Los Angeles. The airport is about an hour away. We had a really nice bagged breakfast waiting for us at checkout. Fruit, juice, 2 pastries, bottled water and a sandwich.
There were many amenities in the bath room. Toothbrush, paste, combs, q-tips and all the usual stuff. Oh, and one of the best was all the TV channels in English! HBO, CNN, ESPN etc. As well as drinks in the lobby. But I wasn't able to access the internet as others have mentioned.
The hotel is In a business district, so not much to see around the area, at least where we were. But I'd stay here again with no hesitation. And if you're cruise travelers, go with the Princess layovers, you can't beat the prices and the transfers. Perhaps the Princess groups overtake the breakfast buffet as some reviews complain that there is a wait to eat. We've noticed that at other hotels Princess has used. Such was our experience in Santiago, Chile.
Beijing itself was a big surprise for us. We never expected such a clean, cultural place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Doubletree by Hilton Beijing is the very first upscale property in Asia under this new Hilton family brand, which opened in June 2008. This 26-storey hotel is located in the south-west part of the capital city, just 38 kilometers away from the Beijing Capital International Airport, and only 85 meters away from Da Guan Ying station of Subway Line No.7. The contemporary 5 star hotel is the perfect retreat for leisure or business travel, with all guest rooms covered by wireless networks and FREE Wi-Fi in public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Double Tree By Hilton Hotel Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing
- Beijing Hilton International