“Great hotel in a great city”

Doubletree by Hilton Beijing
Ranked #44 of 6,462 Hotels in Beijing
Princeton, New Jersey
“Great hotel in a great city”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Was there for a night in early September. Front desk is very nice and offered a glass of ice tea while I was checking in, The hotel itself is like other double trees, business like, but the food selection and staff at the executive level are excellent. Its not far away from Tian An Men and other places of attraction as it's centrally located, however Beijing is a BIG city...

The only complaint I have is that there's no wifi in the hotel rooms (although they do have wifi in the lobby). At least they could've provided a router in the room that can convert a fixed line to wifi

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear xlz74,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

We sincerely appreciate your trust to stay with us and thank you providing your feedback online. Guest feedback is the most important channel for us to monitor and improve our products and quality of services. I have shared your comments with the relevant departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer to our guests.

I was delighted to know that you loved the hotel. Thank you for recognizing the work of our team members both for Front Desk and Executive Floor. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. And I sincerely apologize that there is no wifi in the hotel rooms, however, we are currently in the final process to start with the WIFI internet installation and it should be completed by end of this year.

Your feedback therefore is the driving force that pushes us to go above and beyond. It was a real pleasure to have as our guest and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

“where the little things mean everything”!

sandy.murray@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights and found it a great hotel!
Yes, it's a bit further away from the main touristy area, but that's no bad thing! There are also plenty of shops and restaurants nearby and we felt totally safe.
Really nice, modern and reasonably large room, big comfy bed, great bathroom and shower, spotlessly clean, friendly and helpful staff - what more could you ask for!
Breakfast was always busy, but you always got a table and the buffet had something for everyone - excellent!
Found the Cafe a little soulless for dinner, and the menu wasn't great choice-wise, but the staff were so friendly and willing they made up for things!
The lounge bar was really great - lovely atmosphere and very friendly and professional girls with excellent English - and we stopped by every night of our stay!
No complaints whatsoever and would certainly stay here again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John D
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Dear xlz74,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing. Thank you for taking the time to providing us with your valuable feedback. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so as to monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

I was delighted to know that you enjoyed our services. Thank you for recognizing the work of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to concerned departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer to our guests. I was also happy to read the provided positive feedback on our hotel facilities & outlets.

However, I noted your comments on the Cafe menu being limited or “soulless”. I have discussed with the F&B manager & kitchen, luckily we are currently prearing a new menu and I will try to introduce more variery on the menu for our contemporary travelers.

Your feedback therefore is the driving force that pushes us to go above and beyond. It was a real pleasure to have you as our loyalty guest. I truly appreciate your comments and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing.

"where the little things mean everything”!

Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself is great, nice and new. The location is a little away from the main attractions in the city but they are easily accessible by bus (no. 7 goes right to Tiananmen).

The executive level and staff are fantastic, very friendly, very accommodating and very efficient.

Our stay was great, with just a couple of little things that detracted slightly. Air con could've been a bit better, and they had a go at charging us for a broken umbrella. However, we still left very happy and would happily return for another stay.

• Stayed September 2013
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

I was glad to know that you basically enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I’ll be sure to pass on your comments to concerned departments. I was also happy to know you liked the hotel facilities and the convenience of transportation. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a most rewarding experience to contemporary travelers.

It has caught my attention however, you experienced some difficulty during your stay ie. the air-conditioning and the charge for a broken umbrella. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. I have notified concerned department to look into your stay and find out where the problem was. Should there be anything we could have done differently to make your stay easier, I will keep you further updated on our findings and solutions. Should you have any need or inquires during your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction.

It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. I truly appreciate your comments and I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to DoubleTree Beijing “where the little things mean everything”!

Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I used my points to book the hotel and the rate is very reasonable. The location is ok and nearby is so convenient to have food, and shopping. Easy to get a taxi and close to city center.

The executive lounge is ok with drink, cookies is ok and service is good.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for providing your feedback online and I sincerely appreciate your trust staying with us. Your comments on various areas of our hotel are highly appreciated as guest feedback is the most important channel for us to monitor and improve our products and quality of services. I have shared your comments with relevant departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer.

I was delighted to know that you made use of our points program as a Hhonors member to enjoy your special rate and privileges. Hhonors in the core program at Hilton to reward guests with various entitlements including points, upgrades, complimentary rooms, millage and gifts. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty with us and would like to welcome you back in the near future.

I was also glad that you liked our hotel facilities and location. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance.

Again, thank you for your feedback and it was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Doubletree Beijing “where the little things mean everything”!

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 September 2013

7 nights, 59500 points total, no taxes.
(Hilton promo = 4 nights = 5th night free)
Always 3 or more front desk staff with
1 or more speaking satisfactory English;
staff always eager to help, answer questions;
if view is important, try for upper floor
corner rooms ending in 42 or 43 =
panoramic views in 2 directions;
used public bus stop 2 minutes to
left to get to Caishikou Station (subway)
2 miles to right; building immediately to
right of hotel houses duty free type
shopping & in basement is large
supermarket accepting credit card;
room clean, no mildew in bathroom;
glass wall covered by electric curtain;
no sleep interruptions;

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TravelShooterNYC
Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

We sincerely appreciate your trust to stay with us and thank you for providing your feedback online. Guest feedback is the most important channel for us to monitor and improve our products and quality of services. I have shared your comments with the relevant departments to continue to refine the level of service we offer to our guests.

I was delighted to know that you enjoyed your overall stay and the benefits as a Hhonors member. Hhonors in the core program at Hilton to reward guests with various entitlements including points, upgrades, complimentary rooms, millage and gifts. I sincerely appreciate your loyalty with us and would like to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you for recognizing the friendliness and English level of our team members. Recognition from guests has been a big driving force for us to achieve high performance. I was also happy to learn that you liked hotel facilities. It has been our goal to equip ourselves with the most state-of-the-art facilities and provide a rewarding experience to contemporary travelers. We have also been training our team to demonstrate genuine care, a personable voice, and high service standards for guest worldwide. Thank you also for providing such detailed transportation and shopping options around the hotel. We would like our guests to experience the convenience of transportation from/to the hotel and take us as a refreshed starting point to better explore the city.

It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction. I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to DoubleTree Beijing “where the little things mean everything”!

Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Booked two nights and a hotel limo from the airport to the hotel. Even after one hour passed since my flight arrived on time, no one appeared. I called the hotel many times to find telephone operators having difficulty in speaking any languages other than Chinese and forwarding the calls to the right section. Someone who finally answered just kept saying that they would call me back soon, but they did not. As a Diamond member, I stayed at a lot of Hilton Family hotels, but I can safely say that this is one of the most unreliable hotels.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank YMJapan
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear YMJapan,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that our team members did not have strong English level causing you unnecessary frustration. Normally we have a good reputation for English levels – clearly this was not the case on this occasion. Rest assured I will be following up with concerned dept head & training manager for what we can do to address.

Once again I apologize that we were not able to show you our usual DoubleTree caring service. However, only with comments from our guests are we are able to improve on our services. I hope you will give us another opportunity and experience what truly DoubleTree CARE service is, and we are able to demonstrate to you our usual service standards. If I can be of any assistance with your future reservation please contact me personally at sandy.murray@hilton.com.

I hope we can welcome you back in the not distant future.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 10 September 2013

It is good enough hotel to stay. Not luxuary, but practically well done. Quality of a staff is quite high and well trained. The location of the hotel is not ideal. There is almost nothing at walking distance around the hotel. But considering the price, overall OK.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank LI X
DoubletreeHilton, Director of Operation at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 22 September 2013
Dear LI X,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing! The team and I are delighted to know that you love our hotel. Kindly be informed that Beijing municipality is investing and extending the metro network, including a line with a station in front of our hotel. The construction work should be completed within the next 6 to 9 months.

We are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distant future.

Kind regards