“Good location”

Ranked #42 of 6,449 Hotels in Beijing
London
“Good location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four days as our introduction to China good pool sauna and steam room but you do need a bathing cap and goggles as it is very chlorinated and quite hard to see the bottom of the pool even with goggles as there are no markers on the bottom of the pool

Good shopping centre next door with good supermarket well stocked for tourists

Great wall is fantastic as to the forbidden city

Staff friendly and food good

• Stayed October 2013
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear edwmagee,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for the opportunity to share and hear about your experiences. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so as to monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

The hotel is happy to hear that we were a great location for your visit.

Thank you for sharing your experience in our swimming pool and sauna. The chlorinated summing pool is strictly under the standard. The bottom of the swimming pool is milk white, that does not look very clear especially at night. At the reception of our Healthy Club, we sale bathing cap and goggles if guest need.

Again, thank you for your feedback, and we are looking forward to servicing you soon.
Should you have any kind of need during your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”.

sandy.murray@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights for business and a holiday. Excellent rooms , very good breakfast and nice internal resturants as well. Very helpful management as well as we needed a later check and they allowed it

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear jashwinm ,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and stayed with us for 5 nights and shared your feedback!
It is our pleasure to hear that you like our rooms, the breakfast, our restaurants, and the helpful management.

I sincerely look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2013

very clean save elegant hotel, close to a Mc Donald's, a shopping center, free shuttle to a large local shopping area, subway and bus terminal. They offer excursion to all the great sites, we included breakfast which was very beneficial, wonderful lager variety of food. There roof garden and swimming pool was wonderful

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dear A TripAdvisor Member ,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

We are glad to hear that you like our hotel especially the outside roof garden and swimming pool.

I have shared your comments with culinary team and they are pleased you were satisfied with the breakfast.

Should you have any assistance during your stay with us, please don’t hesitate to contact with me or our Care Center by dialing ”0”.

"where the little things mean everything”!

Leesburg, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

As a frequent business visitor of China and Beijing among other cities over time the selection of hotel is driven by best location in the city to accommodate business and personal needs. The visits at the Doubletree by Hilton have been always problematic. The hotel is located in a decently centralized location but way too close to a major thoroughfare and the type of construction is not dampening the noise from the constant traffic. The overall hotel infrastructure are aging faster than any other of similar times. The hotel opened in, or around 2008 yet the waring shows as of older time. The hotel is located on a side road and often not even a taxi or a hired car can find easily its entrance. Noticeable are the inconsistencies in the service. While certainly not for the lack of trying by the part of the staff the results are not backing up their hard trying. Management is virtually absent. Trying to contact management to register, or outline a complaint or a suggestion, is almost impossible. The restaurants on the premises are not good at all. We have had dinners at the various restaurant including their flag restaurant on the third floor and even our Chinese partners admitted to be marginal to poor. Good are the services at the executive Lounge located on the 21st floor. Breakfast is good, and the staff is well trained, professional, courteous, and overall leaving the guest with a very good experience. The rooms are warned, and showing the result of a poor construction with a poor maintenance program. Carpets are warned, bathrooms are in need of a facelift, and so is the overall of the room. Do not be fooled by the pictures which are capturing views of an old gone by era! The reception is the worst, this is where after a lengthy process to checking you in they will give you a warm cookie! Not enough to make up for the rest of the experience. This hotel is not one that I recommend if visiting Beijing for the first time as a tourist or a business person where you will want some level of conveniences from the beginning and not after numerous visit with management, when and if available. In the same proximity there is the Marriott that has a more stable and reliable presence and staff.

Room Tip: There are no really god rooms. Select to be on the upper Flora but even there the noise is constant.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan C
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Dear Alan C,

Warmest greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Firstly, I sincerely appreciate your trust in choosing to stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to complete the feedback online. I’m glad to hear that you were satisfied with our Executive floor services, and I have shared your valuable comments with them, they are proud of themselves. However, I was sorry to find out that you were not happy with your overall experience. Let me begin by sincerely apologizing for any inconvenience and embarrassment we have caused to you and your friend during your stay.

Reviewing your feedback, it is obvious you were not happy with many service aspects you have experienced, from hotel rooms, traffic issue, and outlet restaurant food. I had a lengthy meeting with the concerned department heads in how we can avoid issue like this and we have placed measures in place to avoid a similar situation in the future.

Hotel rooms – you mentioned that the rooms and carpets are warned, I have investigated the shortfall with our Director of Operations and Front Office team. The shortfall you described could have been easily avoided if a thorough room check would have been conducted prior releasing the room. Additionally, the Operations team will closely monitor the condition of all facilities and amenities in guest rooms and make sure we provide the most comfortable hotel experience to guests worldwide.

Traffic issue – We are aware of the challenges related to the taxi services in the city and have shared them with the various authorities in Beijing. There is some good news that the Beijing municipality is investing in the public transport and extending the metro network, including a line with a station in front of our hotel, which should be completed by next year. This should make visiting the major tourist site more convenient. However, I do apologize that the construction work of the metro noisy disturbed you.

Outlet restaurants – In general we receive positive comments about our outlet restaurants, especially variety & quality of food and friendly service. However, I would appreciate if you could share with us what was missing or we could have done better to exceed your expectations.

Dear Alan, once again I do apologize that we were not able to show you our usual DoubleTree caring service. However, only with comments from our guests we are able to improve our services on offer. The team and I hope you will give us another opportunity and experience our hotel that we are able to demonstrate to you our usual service standards. If I can be of any assistance with your reservation please do not hesitate to contact me personally at sandy.murray@hilton.com.

The team and I are looking forward to welcome you back in the not distance furture.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

You get what you see online (good choice). I stayed with a friend for 2 nights and everything was excellent, the customer service, the room, the location, the breakfast buffet. The food at the restaurant is good but pricy $$$ considering that is a lot cheaper in local restaurants near the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Julygarcia,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

We are glad to hear that you and your friend had a fantastic stay and our staffs made it a memorable one.

I have shared your comments with the entire team to continue to refine the level of service we offer to our guests.

"where the little things mean everything”!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

Great staff, rooms and restaurants. Ate in the Chinese restaurant: great choices, food and sservices.
Breakfast buffet was high quality and many choices. I also contracted for ride from airport and to train station for group.. All went smoothly.

• Stayed October 2013
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 13 October 2013
Dear onthemove777,

Greeting from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

The team and I are delighted to know that the food and service met your expectations…
Thank you for taking your precious time to providing us with your valuable feedback. Guest feedback has been the most important channel for us to relate to guests so as to monitor and improve our products and quality of services.

Again, thank you for your feedback and it was a real pleasure to have you as our loyalty guest. Should you have any kind of need during your next stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center by dialing ”0”. We will make sure to deliver the best we have to offer to achieve your satisfaction.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing in the near future!

Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

My first visit to this hotel was in 2008 soon after it had opened. It showed great potential but was let down by inexperience of its staff. I expected these difficulties to have been resolved for my three night stay in August 2013, but they still remain. Rooms are good enough, indeed I was upgraded to a suite that was very nice. However it is let down by (1) buffet restaurant on the ground floor, there is a poor selection of poorly prepared food, even the chocolate fountain was made from a watery solution. (2) the Club lounge. Nice room on a high floor, but none of the staff spoke more than a spattering of English, the 'happy hour' snack offering was totally inadequate, (3) the rooftop garden is like a desert. No thought has been put into its care. I was disappointed that what was originally an outdoor swimming pool had been put under a roof. This would have been so nice especially as the air temperature was 35 degrees. Next time I'm in the capital, I'll choose another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear MaxPallas,

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay with us. Firstly, glad you enjoyed the cookie although I would like to apologize for not being able to meet all your expectations.

I noted your frustration regarding English levels of Team Members. Normally, we have a good reputation – clearly this was not the case on this occasion, rest assured, I will be following up with concerned dept heads & training managers to ensure we improve or risk further service dissatisfaction something that as a GM I want to avoid.

Regarding the garden area unfortunately due to it being late autumn we are past the blossoming period, resulting in the garden not being as colorful as normal. The rooftop garden is a key part of hotel environment receiving many favorable comments, but appreciate your comments of feeling lack of color! The pool covering decision was made many years ago to increase the year round usability sure you will understand when in middle of Beijing winter.

Through comments from our guests, we are able to implement change and improve on our services. I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity and experience DoubleTree CARE service is all about.

If I can be of any assistance with your future reservation please contact me personally at sandy.murray@hilton.com.