US$241
  • Breakfast included
US$171
US$121
1,557 results
All reviewsdouble treethe executive loungesna tourwelcome cookiedepartment storenice hotelthird floorpizza hutthe nearest subway stationchinese restaurantpleasant staylobby areastayed here for nightsupgraded to a suitebeijing trafficshopping mallbreakfast buffet
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here from 7/8/14 to 7/11/14 with my family. I knew that the location of the hotel was not central from the main attractions but I did not realize that Beijing is a big big city and the traffic is bad at all hours. The drive from the airport at 11 am in the morning took over one hour. So make sure that you consider the time you spend in taxi getting from one place to the other.

Two days before my arrival, I received an email from Shirley giving me all helpful information about the hotel and offering to help. When she was not able to change my room from one King to two beds, she provided an extra bed for my kid at no charge. She also told me to come up to the 21st floor at the executive level to check into the hotel so that I don't waste time waiting in line at the lobby.

Upon check in, Shirley upgraded me to the executive level as I am a Gold Hilton Honors member. The room was nice but a bit smaller than most of the Chinese hotels. The executive level breakfast and the happy hour food and beverage service was better than great. Overall we were very happy with the service we received.

One complaint - we had a buffet dinner at the restaurant near the lobby. The food was disappointing and they charged me over 250 yuan for each person, including my 8 and 9 year old. For over $40 US per person, it was the most expensive dinner we had in China. It was odd that the price was the same for the children.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

Our hotel is close to the second ring road which is the central of the city, and there are some symbolic tourist attractions around us, such as Tiananmen Square, QianMen Avenue, Capital Museum and Xidan shopping center. So our location is very convenient for you to go sightseeing. However, I do agree that the traffic can be a problem in Beijing, and I think your remind is very useful for our guests.

I am happy to note that you like the arrangements that Shirley offered to you, and the special service in our executive floor. Our focus is to deliver our CAREing service to guests from around the world, and I’m glad you had a great time with us.

Regarding the buffet, our chef elaborately prepared selections of delicacies from all over the world to satisfy every guest’s appetite. We sincerely recommend you to try Chinese cuisine in Sui Yuan, it’s on the third floor of our hotel. Thank you for your reminding, the children’s charge is definitely something we should take into consideration, and the relevant changes are in process.

Your comments are a key force in improving our service standards. I do hope you will give us another opportunity and experience our hotel so that we are able to demonstrate to you our usual service standards. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at sandy.murray@hilton.com.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel.
Lovely grounds provided a real haven in this big city of Beijing.
Pool, gym and spa........all very nice.
Nice big rooms, excellent beds, lounge, desk, safe, ironing board, all the usual things one tends to expect these days.
The bathroom was small but compact and very clean.
Wifi was available free but only in the FOYER........do not try to log on by mistake in your room otherwise they'll try to charge you.
Efficient staff and painless check in.
We would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lyrebird6
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

I am glad to know that you had a great time in our hotel; I also personally like the secret garden as well…. We focus on delivering our CAREing service to guests from around the world and on improving every part of our hotel to provide all with a wonderful staying experience.

Regarding Wi-Fi, one of the features from joining our Hilton Honors program is that once you become Gold level (20 stays) you receive free internet in your rooms. If we have not enrolled you up please let me know through my email and I will arrange an application form to be sent out to you.

I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree Beijing in the near future! Should you have any kind of service for your future stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

The original room we were allocated was very noisy due to construction work going on in the hotel. We were upgraded and moved, without hesitation. Breakfast was great, rooms were well servived. Staff a little pushy wanting reviews on them done.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

I sincerely apologise for any disturbance caused by the noisy work being carried out. Recently, our hotel is carrying out upgrade to ensure our quality of accommodation is maintained. We have a program to reduce as much as possible from limited hours.

We take pride in delivering our CAREing service to guests from around the world. So our staff pays much attention on your recognition and advices for helping us provide better service to our guest. Thank you for your thoughtful reminding, and we will take actions to make this procedure become more comfortable for you.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Staff were really guest focused and willing to do all that was necessary top meet our needs. Quality of surrounds was impressive and the food and beverage service was excellent. Room was of a high standard and well serviced on a daily basis.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

I am very glad that you had a great time with us, and I am also happy to know that you like our service and our hotel. We take pride in delivering engaging service experience to every guest stay in our hotel, and our focus is to deliver our CAREing service to guests from around the world.

sandy.murray@hilton.com

"where the little things mean everything!”

Reviewed 4 July 2014

This is a very good hotel run by Hilton. Room is very clean and up to date. Location is rather far from the central city as long as you are there not alone or without any pick up from your host, this should not be a problem. It is quite close to the oldest pagoda in Beijing, Tianning Si, which was built during the Liao Dynasty.

The Breakfast are acceptable given the hotel standard , although it is best to wake up early for breakfast as the morning crowd could render finding seats can be troublesome.
The cafe lounge is the best place to spend time in the evening to sip Chinese tea. very enjoyable after working the whole day, to relax before retiring to the room

The cons is the english language proficiency of the staff, which need to be improved further, other than they are reliable and predictable.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
DoubletreeHilton, Director of Operation at DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

I was happy to noted that you like our room , the café lounge. The hotel location is very convenient for guests that we closed to the second ring road which is the central of the city, only 7km distance to Tiananmen Square, 5km to Xidan shopping center. Regarding the breakfast, unfortunately sometimes all guests arrive at the same time. We do open Lin Lounge normally with high occupancy but at this time clearly we miss-read. Thank you to comment reliable and predictable to our concierge, our focus is to deliver our CAREing service to guests from around the world. To further improve the English language proficiency of the concierge, we are providing English training, class and corner to our staff.

Ray Dai
Director of Operation
Ray.Dailei@hilton.com

"where the little things mean everything!”