“Great Hilton Property!!!”

Ranked #43 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Georgia
“Great Hilton Property!!!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is one of the finest Doubletree Hotels I have stayed in my life. This is not the usual Doubletree we seen in the states. The property has three restaurants and an executive lounge for Hilton Honors Members (Gold-Diamond). I would recommend eating breakfast at the restaurant on the first floor than in the lounge. There is more options plus they have the chefs right there in case you want an omelet or anything done at the very moment. The service is incredible, starting with the warm chocolate cookie all the way to the hors devours in the lounge for HH members. This runs in the afternoon and includes unlimited alcohol drinks, and snacks. The view from the lounge (21st floor) is impressive. I only gave this property 4 stars because our A/C was not working properly during all of our stay. We contact customer service and they sent a technician that couldn't fix the problem so they gave us a portable unit that made so much noise, very unpleasant. I wish they would have move us to another room, but our request was ignored. Other than that, I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near elevators.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

We appreciate the positive recognition about our hotel, and feel honored to be listed by you as one of the finest Doubletree Hotels you have visited. The restaurant on the first floor is Easy Kitchen, which specialized in offering buffet for our guest. I sincerely invite you to try our delicious Chinese cusine at Sui Yuan restaurant on your next visit.

It’s good to know that you like the drinks, snacks and the view at our Executive Lounge, it’s aimed to bring more convenience to our guest, and we are happy that we realized that. The team take pride in delivering CAREing service to all guests from around the world.

Regarding the A/C problem, please accept my sincere apology. I will discuss this with the relevant departments to improve our problem-solving plans, as I appreciate your disappointment.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity and experience our hotel that we are able to demonstrate to you our usual service standards. If I can be of any assistance with your reservation please do not hesitate to contact me personally at Sandy.Murray@hilton.com.

"Where the little things mean everything!”

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Oberlin, Ohio
Reviewed 14 August 2014

As Hilton Gold member, I was informed for the benefits I was supposed to get two days before I checked in. We checked in on 21st floor, Executive lounge. The room was upgraded from standard double to Deluxe Double, actually I don't see much difference. The price is reasonable, and you can also use your Hilton points for this hotel (Cat2 Property). We got cookies (Of course, it's Doubletree). And complementary breakfast for three (Thanks for that). Free Wifi for Gold and Diamond number

Location: The location is pretty good here, 1.8km from Beijing West Station which is the major train station of Beijing. The subway is a bit far if you want to walk there, but there are always buses (You might need to know some Chinese for taking a bus, it is less useful for travelers from abroad). There's a free shuttle service from hotel to Beijing West Station at 10:45 am from Monday to Friday. We used it, and it was almost like a private shuttle. It's not easy to get a taxi to Beijing West Station since a lot of drivers don't want to take you because of this short distance doesn't seem profitable.

Breakfast: The breakfast is ok, a lot of choices but not fancy. Please don't quote Conrad standard to this hotel, for Doubletree standard, Doubletree Beijing is pretty decent compare with others.

There are shops and fast food in this area, we got welcome fruit and chocolate. The hotel is pretty busy, a lot of group travelers stay here. The business center service is expensive, the printing service is over-priced a little bit (5 times higher than a printing store in Beijing)

The room is fine for a mid-range hotel, I would recommend it if you want somewhere near Beijing West Station. The check-in and check-out process were efficient, the staff here are well-trained

Room Tip: Get a higher floor or ask for lounge access if you could
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

We keep on providing more and more HHonors Member’s only privileges to make our honored guests feel more and more comfortable when staying with us. And your appreciation is a key force to make this become more and more complete.

Thank you for commenting our hotel’s location as pretty good. Besides the free shuttle we have arranged, there will be a great transportation improvement near our hotel. The No.7 subway line is under construction right now, and it will be launched by the end of this year.

I personally think that your comments about our room, breakfasts, and the surroundings are very useful, and thank you for sharing so many lovely pictures of our hotel online.

I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree Beijing in the near future! Should you have any kind of service for your future stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center.

乌鲁木齐, China
Reviewed 13 August 2014

From the first day of stay professional staff felt very warm every Hilton staff are very warm throughout the hotel occupancy during the health do well in all aspects of the staff is also very professional and efficient. Felt good enthusiastic and professional staff, based views to Beijing a perfect painting. later have the opportunity to choose the Hilton brand is worth recommending

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

Firstly, thank you for the positive comments on our team members. I will definitely let them know of your sincere appreciation. Now I certainly felt very proud and I am sure they will feel the same way; our culture firmly believes in positive reinforcement as a key to help them become more enthusiastic and professional.

I look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Doubletree Beijing! Should you have any kind of service for your future stay please do not hesitate to contact me or our CARE Center.

Iowa
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My wife, daughter, and I stayed here for 7 nights in August. We had adjoining rooms on the 19th floor. I was very happy with the Doubletree. On a previous trip, I'd stayed at both the Hilton and Hilton Wangfujing and found the Doubletree compared well for a lower price. I appreciated Mr. Murray responding quickly to our requests prior to arriving. We all enjoyed the Executive Lounge on the 21st floor. It was a quiet oasis, comfortable, with solid (typical) food offerings and a good Swiss coffee machine. Sandra who I think was the Executive Lounge manager couldn't do enough for us...so sweet. She inquired more than once how her staff was doing, and seemed serious to want to know if there was anything they could do better. There were a number of new staff trainees in the lounge, and they all tried hard to do their best for us. There were some language/translation barriers, but this is to be expected as we're in a foreign country and I certainly don't expect everyone to speak our language. Housekeeping was excellent...as good as I've seen anywhere. We tried room service, which was fine and efficient. The gym was nice with good equipment and clean. This property often gets knocked in reviews for its location. It is true that it is not on the subway line yet (coming, apparently, though), but it wasn't a problem for us. We had tours booked for 4 of the days which picked us up, and there are always taxis available out front. Beijing is a massive city, so we found the Doubletree was close and convenient to some of our locations for touring, and far away from others...but this is the case for any hotel in Beijing. Bottom line, I'd be happy to stay here again, and probably will.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 12 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

It’s always a great motivator (personally & for the team) to hear positive guest comments, it’s always our pleasure to assist where ever we can; and should you ever again need anything, please come to me directly. You're correct about Sandra and other trainees, they are sweet and hardworking. Rest assured I will convey your appreciation to them. We take pride in delivering engaging service experience to every guest stay in our hotel, and our focus is to deliver our CAREing service to guests from around the world.

Regarding the English level of our team members, we do provide ongoing training, which normally receives positive feedback however, clearly your experience shows we need to be more vigilant. I sincerely hope that you can witness their progress when you come here next time.

Beijing, China
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed here for over half a month for business,during the time Executive Floor ladies (Meacheal ,Cherry,Sandra and Sisi)offered great service and made me felt the whole experience so wonderful.I had quite a great time at this hotel.
p.s.:buffet breakfast were abundant and delicious,especially baked beans and bacon.

Room Tip: Rooms on west side of higher floors have great sightview and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Yinsong C

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

I am glad to know that you are fully satisfied with the service that our staff provided you, and I’ll pass your kind compliments to them right away. We take pride in delivering engaging service experience to every guest stay in our hotel, and our focus is to deliver our CAREing service to guests from around the world.

I noted that you like our buffet breakfast and the lovely view from upper floors. And I personally recommend you to try our elaborate delicacies at Suiyuan Chinese restaurant on your next stay with us.

middlesbrough, england
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed here with my friend for three days from 26th July for a bit of sightseeing. I booked my room months before but my friends previous travel plans had fallen through so had book about a week before our stay. I had executive double (rm:1939) and other room was 1612 a standard double. On inspection they were found to be pretty much exactly the same. The only real difference was that one room was on higher floor than the other. The deposit required at check-in is 5000RMB if I remember correctly.
So, my room. Walking through the door you find the bathroom to the left (large sink that took forever to drain, nice powerful shower and a toilet, plus all the usual freebies). The problem I have with the bathroom is that, where there should be a wall in between the bathroom and bedroom part of the room..... There isn't. It's a sheet of glass. A massive window. There is a switch in the bathroom to solve this and a screen then comes down and separates the two rooms. Not for me as I like my privacy. I think this is a common feature in Chinese hotels. There is a really comfy big bed and the duvet was nice, kept me warm all night (even though it's red hot outside I keep aircon in room freezing). Like a cold room. The rest of the room is pretty much like all other hotel rooms. The tv has lots of channels although didn't really watch any tv. Room service menu is nice and the food I got was nice. Not too pricey. English is widely spoken in this hotel by the staff who I was very impressed with. They sorted out an error I had made in my booking quickly and without fuss. The ladies on reception were great as were the concierge guys.
Checkout was a bit more eventful. Took a little while as there was confusion as to whether I had paid for my room. After a few minutes they found my payment.
The wi-fi in rooms is not free but chargeable. (No more than 10RMB PER DAY). That's prob £10-11. Location wise...... It's bit far out from the city centre. Taxi ride for about 10-20 mins will get u to forbidden city. The hotel offer shuttle bus to centre of city but it's first come first served. You need to be in the top 15 or you are not getting on the shuttle bus :-) it operates til bout 11am I think.
Maybe that's it......... Overall this is nice place. More a business hotel I think. A positive 7/10

Room Tip: Ask for room on high floor for lovely view of Beijing.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
DoubletreeHilton, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing, responded to this review, 11 August 2014

Greetings from DoubleTree by Hilton Beijing!
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experiences online.

I noted how pleased you were with our hotel amenities including our “Sweet Dreams” mattresses, the level of English displayed by our team members, rest assured I will pass on to the team.

In answer to a few points you raised:

• Executive floor difference –we do have a different floor arrangements for EF rooms plus, the dedicated Executive Floor area offers increased privacy additional features from happy hour to afternoon snacks and of courses on hand team members to assist with personalized check in & out or any other assistance during your stay.

• Bathroom window wall - its true this has become a recent decorating trend that has been adopted by not only China but most countries – I guess it’s a personal preference, with the idea being to give a more spacious feeling when not using the bathroom.

• Location – when coming to Beijing its important to decide where you want to be in the city, for our hotel we are close to the second ring road and nearer to Tiananmen square and the Financial district of the city.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I went to chine in April 2014 as part of a group tour with SNA Tours, i found the whole experience wonderful, I had a great time at this hotel, and was made to feel very welcome. The buffet breakfast were wonderful and i would stay at this hotel again

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank germur

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences online.

I am glad that you always have good time with us, and it’s a pleasure to know that you like our buffet breakfast. We also have a Chinese restaurant on 3rd floor named Suiyuan, I sincerely invite you to try our delicious Chinese cuisine when you stay with us next time.

We are delivering engaging service experience to every guest stay in our hotel, and our focus is to deliver our CAREing service to guests from around the world.