“Great hotel - excellent rooms - real value for money”

Doubletree by Hilton Beijing
Ranked #43 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Stuttgart, Germany
“Great hotel - excellent rooms - real value for money”
Reviewed 30 May 2009

The Doubletree was opened for the Olympic Games in Beijing in 2008. Accordingly everything is still very new. Rooms are very spacious and extremly clean. And though the guests are mainly from Asian countries the breakfast buffet is great also for European travellers seeking an Continental Breakfast. Access by public transport is fine. Though a little bit remote, the next subway station is a 5-10 min. 15-20 CYN ride away. Close to the hotel you find a number of authentic low budget Chinese restaurants, if you don't want to eat in the hotel. I can fully recommend the Doubletree Beijing both for Business and Sightseeing in Beijing.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Denver
Reviewed 22 May 2009

It was a pleasure to come back to this hotel each evening. I stayed for three nights.The room was clean, modern and very comfortable. The service for breakfast was outstanding. The front desk staff were also excellent. The only minus was that you could hear some traffic through the windows. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
los angeles
Reviewed 18 May 2009

We stayed here for three nights as part of our 15 days customized china tour. It's fairly new so the rooms were clean and the decor very modern--there were some issues with my parent's bathroom door with the knobs falling apart and the toilet in our room not flushing well, but they fixed it quickly the next day. the heater doesn't work during spring time so had to turn off the central cooling system. the rooms were quiet--as they recently completed all construction. one complaint that I have is the service--but the service sector seems to be a problem throughout China as it lags desparately behind its economic growth (which is a pity as it makes China a very unattractive place for future visits). For a self-proclaimed five star hotel, the people at the check-in counter do not smile or greet their guests as they should -- I was standing at the counter for over five minutes waiting to change money, right in front of the lady receptionist who was looking down at whatever she was doing -- I was waiting for her to look up and say hello but she never did, so I had to speak up first and say "excuse me, can you help me change money please"? She then replied, "okay, wait-a-minute please"--like I wasn't waiting for SEVERAL Minutes already!.....I casually mentioned this to my tour guide however, and she reported this to her boss who called the hotel--the next day, I received a personal apology from the assistant manager who also provided fruits for us in our rooms. The man at the concierge was not very helpful either--he too never looked at us while he was talking and was very inpatient. My husband had broken his camera lens and we needed to find a replacement, but all he was able to do was point across the street and said to wait for the morning to go there. My husband went that night and saw absolutely no electronic stores, it was just a mall full of department stores! We went the next morning to ask another guy and at least he was smart enough to look through the internet for a place, although it was 2 hours away from the hotel. well, good thing our tour guide new of a cheap electronic center just FIVE minutes away from the hotel! Most of the workers (especially waiters) did not speak any English at all which made communication difficult (this is not expected for a "hilton" hotel). Overall, nice comfortable rooms but service can be variable depending on who you get stuck with--definitely room for improvement. Of note though, we did call 3 weeks after our stay to see if they can help us contact our tour guide, and a lady by the name of Louisa was very diligent in helping us acquire that number. One last thing, hotel is far from city center and traffic from one place to another is HORRIBLE!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 13 April 2009

I stayed here with my wife, mother and sister-in-law for 3 nights. Overall, we were very impressed with how helpful everyone was and the overall layout and design of the hotel.

Location: If you are wanting to sight-see, this hotel is somewhat out of the way of that. It is in the south-west of the city. We took the #7 bus to the subway, which took about 15 minutes. The subway is not within walking distance. The only two monuments that I could walk to where not that impressive.

The staff speak excellent English and are very helpful. We booked the great wall tour through them. It is 400RMB/person for an all day tour as well as the Ming Tombs as your first stop. Our guide (Lu Lu) was great! Her english was excellent and she was very knowledgeable. They picked us up at 7am and we got back around 6 or 7.
However, be forewarned that they also stop at a traditional chinese medicine place where you can pay 20RMB for a 10 minute foot massage and receive a quick pulse and tongue examination and diagnosis. The price is good, so we did it.
The doctor was actually pretty impressive as just by feeling my wife's pulse, he could tell that she had sinus problems.
They of course then recommend some herbal treatment, which is kind of pricey. Being as we live in Changsha, Hunan as teachers, we will check out the prices here.

The hotel was very modern and chic. Our guest room did not have a tub, but the shower was great. A nice overhead shower head with great water pressure.

The 21st executive lounge is nice for relaxing and if you are an honors member, you can also check in there if you arrive while a huge tour group is downstairs in the lobby.
The breakfast is nice.
The coffee lounge was nice too. 40RMB or so for a mocha and/or latte/ cappicino, but the cups are large and it was very good.
The Miso soup was excellent.

The location is quiet, but as I said, you are a little ways away from both restaurants and sights. With the side that we were on, we bordered an executive building, so we could see right into their office, and I'm sure vice-versa. :)

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank changshamillers
Southern California
Reviewed 10 April 2009

Although on the west side of Beijing, the hotel was perfect for our three day visit. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and accomodating. The room was large and well maintained. The food in the two restaurants within the hotel was outstanding.

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
Talcahuano, Chile
Reviewed 23 January 2009

I was in many Hilton Hotels around the world but this is so so no good no bad. This hotel still under construction, 80% of this hotel is empty like the other hotels in Beijing. The ubication is far far away from the center and principal atractions, spend 50 yuans round trip and the traffic is terrible, worse than in New York or the 395 in Washington DC, busy busy traffic all day....i was in the suite for 10 days and was too noisy and cold, the quality of this hotel is not the best u can feel the cold and the noise of the traffic through the window there are an open window between the windows and that is why the room is cold and u feel the wind.
Because of this problem my girlfriend get a flu for the next week really bad-well no the chicken flu eh!!-
The hotel is nice looks like a 5 stars hotel have huge cold areas and the employees walking around like in Siberia.
The restaurant is nice good food, good service,
People speak english, tours in cash -bad-
For the price i recomend another hotel in the center if u make numbers plus the taxi and tips and the time i recomend other hotel there are more than 2000 new hotels in Beijing and today for the crisis are empty...and the best are cheap,
This hotel is good for business no for honey moon only for stay 3 days or less nothing around and most of the taxis dont know where is this hotel.
Beware with the price looks cheap but the charges are so expensive.
The happy hour is good, but i think the best is in the Hilton Bangkok.
After this hotel we move to a new hotel in the center close to the New Trade Center Mall and was the best choice cheap warm and close to everything and the taxi only 10 yuans.

• Liked — super clean hotel like usual in Hilton
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ronald233
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I am a seasoned traveller. I stayed for 3 nights at this hotel with my daughter and wife. The hotel was new and I loved the decor. I have stayed in many hotels (some that were technically in a "better" class). However, this hotel gave me the best experience/feeling ever. The combination of a nice new hotel with the friendliest, most helpful staff I have ever come across made this stay memorable. I will all travellers to Beijing could experience this hotel.

No, it is not the most central hotel. However, taxies are inexpensive. Bring a card from the hotel with the address and give it to the cab driver. This brought us directly to the hotel every time. I suggest brining a map from the hotel also. This seemed to work well.

I would LOVE to go back to this hotel.

My sentiments are shared by wife and 8 year old daughter.

• Liked — Everything!!!!
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)