Having read a few recent reviews about the GM you could be forgiven for being hesitant in booking, but let me say that you should not be put off at all.
From start to finish I can't find any fault with my stay. I was lucky to get a great deal , but even if that hadn't fallen my way, I'd still be writing as effusively.
Booked the M Club room which came with added benefits, and though only there for 2 nights , it was obvious I had made a good choice. Check in for M Club is on 27th floor and was quick and quiet. I noted a previous reviewer had commented on the time it took for checking out/in and I could see an issue if there had been anyone else at the same time, so maybe that is something to consider, but you would have the choice of the lounge to wait in, along with complimentary food/drinks which wasn't stated!
Room was superb : Modern, spacious, great views, comfy big bed, plasma TV, comp'd mini bar, and wi fi....what's not to like about that?
The bathroom was bigger than average, with a beautiful over-sized bath complete with panoramic views. It was my first port of call, I can tell you. Power shower with side seating available, well stocked toiletries, and two big mirrors which lends itself perfectly for a couple : no fighting for space in the morning!
Breakfast buffet was plentiful, and coffee refilled without my need for seeking attention. It's a nicely laid out area, quite stylish ,and angled well for the solo traveler who likes their cosy spots alone.
I dined in the Yao Chi restaurant and found it fine, though the spring rolls were decidedly small considering the price, but the overall experience was positive due to the rest of the meal, service, and ambience.
The Club lounge on 27th floor is a lovely location for meetings or simply relaxing. The service was always first class: not overly invasive as some can be. I must pass on a good word for Rihannon (?) who was very kind and helpful.
One thing that really stood out for me , though, was the high visibility of the Hotel Manager , Glen Cook.
I believe you can measure any hotel by this, as those who, like Glen, make themselves available to guests daily show that they are willing to stand by the service they are providing. I can't think of many 5 stars in which I have seen such high visibility, so credit where it is due, I say.
There are so many places to choose from in Beijing that platforms such as review sites have a part to play, and we can only give our experiences as they happened, and this is mine.
Hope it helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Millennium Beijing is located in the CBD and is part of the Millennium Hotels and Resorts. This is premium 5-star deluxe hotel. Convenient transportation for leisure and business guest. We have 521 grand and spacious guestrooms and mulitple dining options offering a variety of cuisine. For relaxation you can enjoy live entertainment at Havana (house bar). All guests have complimentary access of the award-winning Oxygen Club and swimming pool complex. All rooms have FREE high-speed broadband internet access and FREE WiFi is available through-out the entire hotel including public areas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Millennium Beijing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Millennium Beijing Hotel Beijing
- Grand Millennium Hotel Beijing