“Professional, Comfortable, and Home-y”

Grand Millennium Beijing
Ranked #29 of 6,461 Hotels in Beijing
New York City, New York
“Professional, Comfortable, and Home-y”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a month and its location is perfectly close to my office. My summary of my 30 day stay:
1. Housekeeping : Top notch. They clean and straighten up whatever needs to be yet leave my little "office" mess the way I want it... I could see that they tried their best to neaten my various piles of papers and cable wires without moving them too much from their original location. thx.
2. Food: My room came with morning breakfast, and the selection is great from asian to western choices. As the hotel is partially run/owned by Singaporeans, they have some local Singapore favorites as breakfast items. Coffee is gorgeously fresh. I knew after day 3 that if i requested for any type of coffee, they will brew it for me. So I treated myself daily to fresh brewed (not drip) coffee or latte or cappucinno. Yummy.
3. Service: They are extremely accommodating. I had a couple of requests related to planning travel, borrowing a hotel item, and breakfast quirks... they did as much as they could for me without batting an eye. very professional.
4. Chicken Soup by Chef: As my stay was longer, I was lucky to be treated to homemade Chicken tonic soup, compliments of the chef! The soup is delicious!!!! Delivered straight to my room with a yummy box of chocolates. They sure know how to pamper a girl.
5. After 30 days stay, I must say that not many hotels make me feel like I am returning home everyday. But here, they actually made me feel as if I really lived there. I see how they treat all local and overseas guests as well and I know it's their good hotel training.

Good job. I hope to be able to stay with you again in the future on my trips back to Beijing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Ms. ViTeo,
Wow, wow, wow….we would like to share with you a little secret…we feel, you are a key part of our team in housekeeping, a part of our chefs in the kitchen, a part of our service colleagues in the restaurant in the front desk, the concierge, everywhere you went my colleagues received a smile from you….needles to say, that we enjoyed so very much your spirit of kindness in our hotel and the joy to do a little extra service is just an urge to collect more of your smiles…..your goodness and smile and certainly your kind letter of recognition in trip advisor is the fuel we rely on to improve ourselves. We hope you will return soon to fill our tanks to run an extra mile.
Dear Ms. ViTeo, please allow us to shower you with all our happiest thoughts, wishes and blessings.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed here several times in the last 11 months. It feels like home. The hotel staff speaks English which is welcomed as I speak only a handful of Chinese words. They are very attentive to your needs. There is a sofa and desk complete with internet for a computer. The bathroom has a separate tub and walk in shower. The breakfast buffet is a combination of an English, American and Chinese breakfasts. The location is good for exploring Beijing.

Room Tip: Higher floors to avoid noise from the street and away from the elevators so you are not awakened by...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear TravellingWineguy,

Thank you very much to share your positive comments about your stay at Grand Millennium Beijing. And thank you for your kind comments regarding our team members, they will take great satisfaction in reading your encouraging remarks. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
shanghai
Reviewed 30 September 2013

This hotel is my top priority when taking biz trip in BJ. Not only for the location could not be any more convenient in heart of CBD, surrounding by shopping malls, coffee shops, great restaurants, also for the perfect service it provides, everyone at the front desk was really nice, professional and warm. Even when you ask for their favor after checking out, you can expect a prompt and perfect service. Its a really nice touch and I greatly appreciated it and would def come back here and introduce to my friends.

Dear Mr. mengwu,

Thank you for the superb compliments about the team, I know that they will enjoy reading this wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that we are able to see you again soon at Grand Millennium Beijing.
Kuala Lumpur
Reviewed 26 September 2013

I was there for 3 nights on business - I loved the hotel and its breakfast.... I liked that it's smack in the middle of the city and within walking distance to most MNCs.

I liked the room very much and the staff were attentive.

I would stay there again. :)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Dear Mr. twinpiped,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent experience at Grand Millennium Beijing. It is always a pleasure to read such positive feedback and I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to see us again soon.
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This hotel has all the trappings of what I would otherwise consider a 5-rated hotel. Great location just a few minutes walk from the metro station. Plush rooms - very spacious sleeping area and bathrooms with sliding doors and see-thru window, comfortable beds and generous amenities. We had availed of a "room upgrade" to executive floor and thus also had free minibar which certainly made our stay a lot more enjoyable.

With the executive access, we were able to have breakfast, high tea and cocktails at the lounge. All these were very good. Breakfast consisted of both western and Chinese dishes, as well as some fresh juices. The canapes during cocktails were memorable and certainly one of the best I've tried among the hotels I've stayed in. Local and international papers are also available. Service in the lounge was very good. The ladies here know how to pamper their guests.

However, I do have some qualms about their service downstairs (i.e. at the reception). First of all, our key card suddenly couldn't work during our second day. Seemed like the guy who checked us in the first day forgot to take note of our room upgrade for both days of our stay. There was a long queue at reception and it took a while before we were served. And even then, one of us was required to rush up to the room and obtain some vouchers before reception agreed to refresh our keys! In other 5-star hotels, the staff would a least lessen the inconvenience for guests, not add to it!

I would say the service from reception ruined the otherwise very good impression I have of the hotel. I would recommend the management here to re-train the staff to be more thoughtful toward guests or to be more solution-oriented.

After all, this is a 5-star hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Mr. ACChua,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your recent experience at Grand Millennium Beijing. Your comments has been shared with our Room Devision team and we sincerely apologise for the inconvenience, we can assure you we are addressing these issues and we will continue to strive to achieve high standards in all aspects of service delivery. We believe you will see our improvement upon your next visit. Thank you.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I was in this hotel for 4 nights on business and was very pleased with the overall quality of the hotel. Anyone who travels in China knows that hotels can be hit and miss but this is pretty safe and positive bet for travel. My room was comfortable, very modern and came equipped with everything I needed for both business and relaxation. The bathrooms were very modern, showers were large, bath towels and robes were excellent and there were plenty of amenities in the room to maximize the visit experience. Cleanliness appears to be very good (this is huge plus in China) and the staff were pleasant and helpful. My only "complaint" is that there were a number of "rushes" at the front desk and lines seems to be a little long for check-in or help so you'll need some patience to get help at the front desk.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Dear Mr. Jedavan,

Many thanks for your kind note, sharing with us your experiences during your stay; all of us in the Grand Millennium Beijing are very happy and joyful of your kindness in goodness. Actually your great comments have been posted on our notice board. All our colleagues reading your message smile and feel a deeper sense of belonging, as they contributed to our core principles of caring, sharing and serving from our hearts. Dear Mr. Jedavan, we are so grateful to you, bringing us light and warmth and a guiding help to better ourselves.

Many, many thousand thanks for the team
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 12 September 2013

It is never a good sign when at a 5 star hotel they have ropes around the reception\concierge area to control the traffic... especially when there is often a line up between the ropes. This happened upon check in at 1030 in the morning. When I eventually got to the counter I was told that early check in would cost 1/2 day rate. I think it is poor that a hotel like this would even suggest charging 1/2 a day for check in 1.5 hours before check in time. I registered without checking in thinking this would expedite things later.

I returned in the afternoon, lined up again and basically had to check in all over again. Waste of time. Not particularly friendly service. Less than acceptable English for a hotel this size and at the reception.

The rooms was nice enough. Amenities were good, bathroom was very good. Big enough for a couple of nights for one person but that's about it.

Location is good. That's the main advantage of this hotel and they do take advantage of that. Next time I will spend more and stay elsewhere though.

Dear Mr. Fed S,
Thank you very much to share with us your stay at Grand Millennium Beijing. We are delighted you like our rooms very much. Yes, lots of guests are surprised with our big bathroom and very convenient location. We have discussed this issue with the reception team and will strive to make improvements by your next visit. Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.
Your Grand Millennium Beijing Team