“Great location, good food and very comfy”

Grand Millennium Beijing
Ranked #31 of 6,516 Hotels in Beijing
Beijing
“Great location, good food and very comfy”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel has a great location just north of the main 'dirt market' Panjaiyuan and opposite the state TV company's 'trousers' building. Breakfast was a good, broad buffet as was lunch. The room was large, clean and the bed very comfortable (not the usual hard Chinese bed) with separate bath, shower and toilet areas. Great walk in shower. Easy to get a taxi at. Located next to a small mall with good local lunch spots. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: reinforce that you want a anon smoking room and check they do give you one. Go for a higher room as...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear Beijingfolks,

Thank you for your positive comments, we will share them with the team, I’m sure they will be inspired and motivated. We are lookig forward to seeing you again soon. Thank You.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel and the hotel service are on par to any great hotels. Rooms are spacious, clean and modern. The executive lounge on the 27th floor has a great view, great service and good/convenient food. The gym is top notch with very good equipment and the pool has a good size even for lap swimming. The main buffet restaurant has good food for breakfast, however the expensive restaurant Yao Chi is a real disaster due to the regularly inattentive/ borderline incompetent service and average food (probably explaining why the restaurant is always a third filled on all my stays). You should avoid this restaurant unless you are too jet-lag to go out. Finally, the only hotel bar is the smelly Havana Cigar Club, so not any good option to grad a drink, unless you are a cigar smoker. So, overall a really superior hotel but you will always need to go out for dinner.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear expatsonthego,

Thank you for taking time to share with readers and us about your stay at Grand Millennium Beijing. Yes, a lot of guests are very surprised with our swimming pool and gym facilities, our Oxygen Club team members are very delighted you enjoyed it. We look forward to your return and making memorable stay for you.
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here while on business trip and had an excellent experience. Nicely decorated and very clean room with comfortable working space. Very good housekeeping. I also enjoyed the big indoor swimming pool and the modern fitness. In general, staff was very friendly and helpful. Very good value for money!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Dear Mr. Thomas R,

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at Grand Millennium Beijing and thank you for your positive comments of the hotel. We will share your comments with the team, sepcially our hosekeeping team, we are sure they will be thrilled with your comments regarding their “friendly and helpful”. Yes, a lot of guests are suprised with our award-winning Fitness Center and have great joy there. We do look forward to your return and see you soon.
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Sorry for the late comments. I booked this hotel for my parents staying in Beijing for 4 nights. The room was very spacious and nicely designed, also it was big enough. Excellent servie, friendly staffs, felt like home. We like the breakfast very much and the Chinese restaurant called Yao Chi as well. The hotel is in the center of CBD, easy to reach all the tourist attractions. I am sure we will stay in this hotel if you would go to Beijing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 15 October 2013
Dear Kishi W,

It is really fatastic! We are delighted to hear that your parents enjoyed their stay with us, all of us here in the Grand Millennium have read your comment with great joy and our staffs will be encouraged by your positive comments. Have your parents been to tourist attractions of Beijing? Hope they enjoyed their Beijig trip. Should anywhere of Beijing they would like to visit by next time, our concierge associates would like to help with city tour. Looking forward to seeing you and your parents again soon.
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Recently I stayed for 3 weeks at the Grand Millennium Hotel Beijing. The hotel is a wonderful and elegant Business Hotel, the rooms are very spacious and nicely designed. The Fitness/Swimming Pool area is outstanding - I even enjoyed relaxing Yoga classes in Chinese language. Breakfast is also outstanding, a huge variety of delicious food is served that reflects the rich diversity of the whole world: Japanese Miso Soup as well as Japanese Chicken Teriyaki, Swiss Cheese, Chinese Dumplings, French Toast, delicious Singapore Style specialities, English style mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans and the Asian rice Porridge ‘Congee’....
The bath room offers a bath tub directly located at the window - hence, one can enjoy a bath while watching the hustling and bustling of Beijing - e.g. out of the 23rd floor. Quite an experience - especially after sunset with all the flashing lights from the close mall ‘The Place’. More than outstanding: the warmhearted service from all areas of the Hotel Management. No matter if this is the room lady, the staff at reception, the Chef, the Room Division Manager, the Service colleagues at the Executive floor or the General Manager himself:
all of them contributed in a major way to the spirit 'Welcome home!'. Whenever I will stay in Beijing - I am sure that is my place of choice!

1 Thank Yvonne B
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 14 October 2013
Dear Yvonne,

Ich gehe vorüber -
aber ich lasse vielleicht
den kleinen Ton meiner Stimme,
mein Lachen und meine Tränen
und auch den Gruß der Bäume im Abend
auf einem Stückchen Papier.

Und im Vorbeigehn,
ganz absichtslos,
zünde ich die ein oder andere
Laterne an
in den Herzen am Wegrand.

Have thought of this little extract of poem by Lucia Popp und Brigitte Fassbaender fitting so wonderfully to your comments. It describes the personal touch, the light on the candle you have lit. The candle or “Laterne” is the source of life and love, the flame represents the light and wisdom, in which, we have the joy to explore our very own presence. Dear Ms. Yvonne events, happenings, meeting and serving each other mirroring and reflecting in words, speech and deeds are the very essence, we believe is hospitality. Thank you for lighting our candle.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel for a month and its location is perfectly close to my office. My summary of my 30 day stay:
1. Housekeeping : Top notch. They clean and straighten up whatever needs to be yet leave my little "office" mess the way I want it... I could see that they tried their best to neaten my various piles of papers and cable wires without moving them too much from their original location. thx.
2. Food: My room came with morning breakfast, and the selection is great from asian to western choices. As the hotel is partially run/owned by Singaporeans, they have some local Singapore favorites as breakfast items. Coffee is gorgeously fresh. I knew after day 3 that if i requested for any type of coffee, they will brew it for me. So I treated myself daily to fresh brewed (not drip) coffee or latte or cappucinno. Yummy.
3. Service: They are extremely accommodating. I had a couple of requests related to planning travel, borrowing a hotel item, and breakfast quirks... they did as much as they could for me without batting an eye. very professional.
4. Chicken Soup by Chef: As my stay was longer, I was lucky to be treated to homemade Chicken tonic soup, compliments of the chef! The soup is delicious!!!! Delivered straight to my room with a yummy box of chocolates. They sure know how to pamper a girl.
5. After 30 days stay, I must say that not many hotels make me feel like I am returning home everyday. But here, they actually made me feel as if I really lived there. I see how they treat all local and overseas guests as well and I know it's their good hotel training.

Good job. I hope to be able to stay with you again in the future on my trips back to Beijing.

Dear Ms. ViTeo,
Wow, wow, wow….we would like to share with you a little secret…we feel, you are a key part of our team in housekeeping, a part of our chefs in the kitchen, a part of our service colleagues in the restaurant in the front desk, the concierge, everywhere you went my colleagues received a smile from you….needles to say, that we enjoyed so very much your spirit of kindness in our hotel and the joy to do a little extra service is just an urge to collect more of your smiles…..your goodness and smile and certainly your kind letter of recognition in trip advisor is the fuel we rely on to improve ourselves. We hope you will return soon to fill our tanks to run an extra mile.
Dear Ms. ViTeo, please allow us to shower you with all our happiest thoughts, wishes and blessings.
California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I have stayed here several times in the last 11 months. It feels like home. The hotel staff speaks English which is welcomed as I speak only a handful of Chinese words. They are very attentive to your needs. There is a sofa and desk complete with internet for a computer. The bathroom has a separate tub and walk in shower. The breakfast buffet is a combination of an English, American and Chinese breakfasts. The location is good for exploring Beijing.

Room Tip: Higher floors to avoid noise from the street and away from the elevators so you are not awakened by...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear TravellingWineguy,

Thank you very much to share your positive comments about your stay at Grand Millennium Beijing. And thank you for your kind comments regarding our team members, they will take great satisfaction in reading your encouraging remarks. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.