“A much needed rest” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #26 of 6,437 Hotels in Beijing
Halifax, United Kingdom
“A much needed rest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

Superb 'newish' hotel in the commercial district of Beijing - twenty minutes from the airport and ten minutes from the Forbidden City by taxi. Very close to subway station with easy access to all parts of the city. Excellent food, particulalry breakfast - choice of 'full British', continental or Chinese. Had a couple of days relaxation after a busy ten days business travel - just the job!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank George S
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear George S,

Very glad to hear from you regarding your pleasant stay with us recently…many thanks for your great recognition of the service and facilities of which we are proud ourselves. We know that a sweet home away from home always means a lot to travelers, especially to those who are on their business trip; thus, we are all in full swing here preparing for your stay at any time…Do hope that you have totally relaxed and have your must needed rest back there…We are looking forward to your next time with us and wish you all the best!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Shanghai, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Business and leisure, the Grand Millennium Beijing is my only choice! As a frequent visitor to Beijing, the Grand Millennium has become my home away from home. I've tried many hotels around town and I've found the Grand Millennium to have it all...spacious, modern, well decorated and comfortable rooms, terrific location, incredible facilities (including a world class pool and fitness floor), onsite spa, connected to a great mall, walking distance to most everything you want or immediate access to transportation (taxi, subway). And to top this off, the staff is impeccably trained...it is truly a delightful customer and guest experience from greeting at the door, check-in, housekeeping and everything in between. You'll not only feel like friend, but also family. Stop by the Havana Bar in the lobby, the hotel executives will often be there to greet you with a smile or perhaps share a coffee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Geoff B
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Geoff B,

Wow…felt extremely terrific to hear from you! We really appreciate your firm recognition and generous compliments while sharing with all other travelers on Tripadvisor…as a member of Grand Millennium Beijing family, I am so hornored to be part of your sweet home away from home…Guess what? would like to take your message account into our promotion tool…(TBA..I was kidding).Anyway, many thanks for your contiuous support, from what you have written down every one of us have got inspired…We will keep ourselves ready here to prepare you the sweet ‘home’ at all times. Sincerely wish you all the best and look forward to see you soonest…
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

I stayed here for a short weekend after returning from a visit to the US, where I'm from. It was a much needed respite after spending 10+ hours on a long-haul flight and preferable to sleeping in my own bed, actually. I stayed on the executive level and everything was of exceptional quality. The free breakfast buffet was outstanding and the staff were pleasant. I'll definitely stay here again after my next long-haul flight from abroad.

Room Tip: The executive club level rooms are worth the upgrade if you like perks and exclusivity.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RheaG
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear RheaG,
…really delighted to hear that you enjoyed a comfy stay after a long-time travel…it is always a pleasure at your service any time you need us to be there…you know what?..our amenities and service of executive levels are exceptionally brilliant than many other hotels of the same kind. Truly appreciate for your great message sharing with all travelers and wish you deeply a very wonderful day…to tell you honestly, we cannot help waiting to see you soonest at Beijing again.
Coolangatta, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I had an exceptional experience staying at Grand Millennium. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. When I arrived in Beijing I discovered my luggage was lost. Air China could not explain to me where this luggage was. This luggage contained all of my clothes, marketing material for my business and some very important heart medication. I was very upset about this situation but the staff handled this problem through to completion in an exceptional manner. Deborah Ma one of the managers at the hotel heard about my problem and introduced herself immediately, giving me her business card. Deborah organised for me to go to the Dr to have my medication replaced - she even sent a staff member with me to make sure that I was ok. Deborah's staff called the airline many times to try and locate my luggage. When it arrived in the middle of the night, the staff even went to get my bag from the airport!! Not having luggage for three days was dreadful but this hotel managed this situation exceptionally. I will never staff anywhere else in Beijing again. The Grand Millennium Beijing has my business for life!

Room Tip: You can't go past the executive floors! They are great - so spend a little more and get VIP trea...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank bamfam1908
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear bamfam1908,

Wow…feel so great to be shared with your memorable experience at Grand Millennium Beijing. Needless to say, your story would definitely be sneaked in top ten sweetest things of the year…at our place, we always feel honorable that we, by your side, reach out much to go through any toughness with you, especially when you are, at most times, out of your comfort zone. That is why we are here to assist you at any possible time to make you feel home away from home. …really appreciate for your recognition of efforts that we made and what Deborah has dedicated to her role. To tell you a secret…your comment has been posted on the accessible sharing board to pass the spirit and love on and on…truly hope everyone is able to absorb the inspiration from what you have told. Sincerely look forward to your return soonest with all the best wishes!
Leipzig
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Booked via their website.

Checkin: Standard, all fine
Checkout: All fine

Location: Central, Subway, Taxi.

Room: Nice room, lot of space, quiet, bed was ok. Nice view.
Stayed at the club level, which is ok. But overall it is not needed, spec. because all the other facilities offers always perfect service incl. a personal touch.

Gym: Outstanding gym, perfect for a training.

Overall: Very good value for your money. Hotel delivers what they promise. If you don't travel for "loyalty program points", then this is a very good choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear TMG001,

Wow,wow,wow…really fantastic to hear from you on Tripadvisor to share your note with all other travelers. I was so excited to read through this and could not wait to share with my team members that all of us here in the Grand Millennium Beijing have read your comment with great joy…We want to deeply thank you for your kind message, you know what? It is your feedback letting us go extra miles upon both our services and amenities.

Dear TMG001, we wish you a happy year and hope to see you back soonest.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

As an Australian businessman, I have been traveling to Beijing for over 4 years now, staying for weeks at a time. On my recent trip just prior to CNY my colleague booked the accommodation for our weeks stay, I am glad he did, I have finally found the best hotel in Beijing. Best for many reasons including value for money, and I have stayed at the top 5 Star hotels and the Grand Millennium is Number 1. Spotless and very clean with great rooms and amenities. The Staff are amazing and always helpful and actually value you and truly aim to please and make you feel welcome and endeavor to help in any way possible, from directions to best places to visit, travel and eat out. The breakfast is superb, Roast beef eye fillet for breakfast, I thought I was dreaming, Amazing, Awesome coffee as well. I will not stay anywhere else and recommend this to anyone looking for 5 star accommodation with a very reasonable price. Very close to the CCTV building and all the Embassy's, also close to Silk Street Markets (10 minute walk) Stop in at Tims BBQ for a beer or burger on your way. Grand Millennium, Great People and Great Hotel in a great location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 10 February 2014
Dear Simon A,

Wow…it is really fantastic! Felt terrific to hear that you stayed with us recently and enjoyed the everything and, in particular, people who cannot be considered more essential at Grand Millennium Beijing….As you may imagine, we treasure every single staff, without whom we had no way to make it this far in every endeavor we tried. We feel you seem to be a part of our chefs in the kitchen, our team of housekeeping, the front desk and concierge, etc… Guess what? just cannot help waiting to share the kind note from which crew members are absolutely inspired for their all-time dedications. Your spirit of goodness and smile and certainly your kind letter of recognition in trip advisor is the fuel we rely on to improve ourselves. We value your every stay so much that you are absolutely welcomed back at any possible time to fill our tanks to run an extra mile.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

It's not too often I say this, but my experience here was absolutely perfect. The service was impeccable, the extremely comfortable bed was large enough for a football match, and taking a bath with a view over the so-called 'boxer shorts' building was quite remarkable. I suggest you do get breakfast, which is a sprawling buffet offering everything the heart desires. The pricing is extremely fair for a hotel of this standard. This will definitely become my hotel of choice in Bejing now.

Sorry if I sound as if I am writing an advertisement for the place, but quality deserves its reward!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank fabmunich
GrdMillenniumBeijing, Public Relations Manager at Grand Millennium Beijing, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear fabmunich,

Wow… feel so pleased that you marked your recent stay with us as an absolutely perfect lodging experience. It seems that you are a big fan of our comfy bed and spacious bathroom especially with the view of noteworthy ‘boxer shorts’…We also glad your embrace of the breakfast buffet served under the glorious sunshine of this blessed land called ‘Jin Tai Xi Zhao’. Jin Tai Xi Zhao, as written on the parchment, translates into “Golden Terrace in the Glow of the Settings Sun”. So named as the lingering sun radiates long after it sets – said it bring lasting fortune to all who reside there.

We want to deeply appreciate for your kind note share with all of us because it is you who hand us over the key to unlock further the enthusiasm and inspiration in us to get better as professional hoteliers. Sharing in the culture of Grand Millennium Beijing is truly believed as the essential power which brings people together enlightening hearts and, in particular, passes on the joyfulness and happiness to the world.

In China, we are about to step into Chinese lunar new year—the year of horse. On behalf of our entire hotel crew, we would like to wish you the best in all your endeavors in the Chinese coming New Year from the Far East! We cannot wait to welcome you back soonest and have another perfect stay with us.

Prosperity will fall in your lawn
With blooming flowers of
Happiness and success
Every moment of the next year
Will be a reminder of