ARIVA Beijing West Hotel & Serviced Apartment
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$239
US$173
US$160
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsloft apartmenthaidian districtsubway stationfirst floorrenmin universityhuge mallcommunicate in englishrecommend this hotelchina triprooms are largepleasant stayforbidden citygymcleanlinessproscons
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I have lived in one of the serviced apartment at Ariva for over 1 1/2 years and love it here! I highly recommend it for any short or long term stay in the Haidian District!

The rooms are large and beautifully appointed with great views out of the ceiling to floor windows of the loft rooms! Comfortable and inviting!

The staff and management are very attentive and gracious! They share a genuine level of courteous service that helps ensure you will enjoy your stay! The amenities are all you could hope for in a Hotel or Serviced apartment.

The rooms are spacious, comfortable and inviting!
The pool and gym area are very clean and modern (as are the steam room and sauna).
The Viva lifestyle (with fully equipped) kitchens make cooking for self and entertaining friends easy with several private dining tables/ rooms available for guest use.
Self serve laundry options offer FULL sized washers with separate dryers (not the wash /dry combo that is so common in China and disastrous to your laundry)
The restaurants offer a great variety of Chinese and Western fare and are very delicious and fresh.
Offering room service and the convenience store on site ensures that you can stay in very comfortably when the "weather" is bad out

It is a feel good place where you can be confident the staff are striving to serve in a sincere way! Ariva also takes an active role to be "green" and are very committed to giving back to the community by way of charity donations and sponsored events ( sponsors of Bethel China-serving visually impaired/blind Chinese orphans in the Haidian District)-Corporate responsibility is Important to us! We think Ariva has got it all and is doing business in the best possible way!

Room Tip: Go for the loft rooms- The views are well worth it!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Beijingbrenda
Martin_Ma_123, Manager at ARIVA Beijing West Hotel & Serviced Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to posting your comments.

We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon .

Reviewed 26 December 2013

The hotel had everything from the outside looking in. I'd always wanted to stay in a loft hotel. It's very spacious and the two bathrooms certainly makes it easier. Overall our stay was pleasant. It just needs maintenance. The hotel is only 5 years old but appears to be much older than that. There was some mold in the bathrooms. By day 2 we started smelling something weird in the upstairs bath, so we resorted to just using the downstairs bath. The hotel is situated in a decent place. I wouldn't say perfect because the nearest train station was about a 8-10 minute walk (I'd prefer a 2-3 minute walk). The nearest mall was quite close, but you still had to cross major intersections and stop lights to get to it. It's a difficult place to find when using a cab because not a lot of cab drivers are familiar with the area. Our first cab driver got lost. The one thing I loved about the hotel room were the large windows. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JanelaCarrera
Martin_Ma_123, Manager at ARIVA Beijing West Hotel & Serviced Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you very much for having taken the time and posting your comments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon .

Reviewed 21 December 2013

This is in the Haidian district so about 30 mins from Tiannamen Square. Bus stops are right outside - flat fare of 10p, the Suhzou subway station is 2 mins walk away - flat fare of 20p. Taxis can be stopped outside- about £5 for a 30 min drive. The hotel room has a lounge and shower room on the first floor and bedroom with bathroom on a sort of mezzanine floor accessed via a quasi spiral staircase. So be careful as this offers limited accessibility. There are more standard rooms so ask before you book. I loved the space the room offered, the cleanliness and contemporary look. At times, it was difficult to communicate with staff as they only spoke
Chinese but it wasn't a big issue as they were willing to help. On the 6th floor, there is a free small gym, sauna, steam room and swimming pool. The spa offers massage treatments at additional cost. So on jet lag days, it was nice to chill without having to leave the hotel. Near the subway, there were a host of restaurants to suit all tastes and pockets. I felt safe here and enjoyed it enormously. Have 500RMBs ready on arrival as deposit by the way.

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank annamirella

Reviewed 16 June 2013

I stayed here again on a 2nd business trip in near the end of May. My loft apartment was showing a few signs of wear and tear especially in the bathrooms though it was nothing serious.

I am writing this review to commend Clara (sorry I can't remember her last name, but pls see the photo attached - she's on the right), who really helped me out when I wanted to book last minute tickets to the opera. Even though I speak and read basic Chinese, the National Centre for the Performing Arts website was a nightmare - you could only book tickets through the Chinese language site AND you needed both a China mobile number and a China credit card to book. Clara and I navigated through together and she used her mobile and credit card to help me book the tickets (I gave her cash) and then went down with me when she couldn't transfer the confirmation text message to my phone. This was despite her shift starting later the same evening.

Generally the China service industry is a bit indifferent to customer service, eg I have been handed a blanket and told to make up my own bed when I asked for an extra blanket (at an unnamed Beijing hotel) - probably a holdover from Cultural Revolution days. This was a most wonderful exception and I was very very impressed.

I solved my earlier taxi problem (see my first review) by directing taxis to the nearby Suzhou Jie subway station and then steering them from there (or its a short walk if you prefer).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Martin_Ma_123, Manager at ARIVA Beijing West Hotel & Serviced Apartment, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Reviewed 8 June 2013

We have stayed around three days in this hotel, in its loft rooms.
The rooms have bathroom both in the first floor and in the second floor.
A comfortable living room and a silent bedroom.
Its definitely worh staying in.
Being so close to Haidian - Zhongguancun, the best Electronics Shopping center of Norh China, makes it another best alternative for staying.
You can reach there by walking!

Room Tip: Choose Loft rooms if you are not alone. Do not forget to use the facilities, spa, swimming pool.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business