Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport
US$267
US$165
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsexhibition centrefree shuttleshuttle servicebeijing international airportminute drivean overnight stayshort staystayed here for one nightupgraded to a suitelobby loungerooms are nicethe hotel is cleanchinese restaurantan upgradechecking inlong flightenjoyed my stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I was here for just one night, due to a flight cancellation.
They gave me a room on the 2nd tower - top floor - king size bed.
The room was big, clean and well appointed.
The bed was very comfortable.
The food at the buffet, on the other hand, was not so good. Lots of carbs and not much protein option. Taste was also not to my liking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank KDreviews
CPBJIA, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear KDreviews,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport.

We are very glad to know that our guestroom helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, your comments about the buffet have been shared with relevant department and rest assured we will keep improving our service and quality, allowing our guests to indulge in the best they deserve.

Thank you again for your feedback and support and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to demonstrate our improvements.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is the most unstable hotel I have stayed in. Some times they are good and some times very bad.
This time was very bad.
Check in and check took more than 45 minutes the room was is bad shape water not draining in the shower.
Service in all was bad. They need to get their act together and fast.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Mashgiach
CPBJIA, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Mashgiach,

Thank you for choosing the Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport and share your valuable feedback.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you. Your comments about the check in and shower water has been documented and will certainly be looked into. Rest assured that we are looking into both our software and hardware facilities, ensuring that we provide all our guests with an excellent experience while staying with us.

We hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again and to demonstrate our improvements. Thank you!

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times over many years. Each time the rooms are well prepared, comfortable and the staff very friendly. Unless there is a convention on, the in house bars and restaurants are mostly empty. Previous reviewers have commented on the location, and the location is more suited to the convention centre rather than the airport. As for restaurants, shops or bars, there are some around but they are a bit of a walk in any direction.

The complimentary bus MUST be called for, I would recommend calling before your arrival to find out the time the bus will be there. 45 minutes in 5 degrees (C) is not pleasant.

That said the concierge is superb and all the staff try their best to accommodate you. One or two evenings I have even had the staff offer to play pool if no one else is around, probably should not say that as their managers do not like it.

At reception there is the offer of joining the IHG Rewards club (free), this gives you free wifi in the rooms. But I would recommend that you check this upon arrival, the cost is a little excessive otherwise.

TV channels have a good selection and noise is quite low in the rooms, although the corridors can be a bit noisy at times.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank tomtyler
CPBJIA, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Dear tomtyler,

We are glad to know that our staff and service helped in making your visit enjoyable. Meanwhile, we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. With regards to our location, the hotel is located across from New China International Exhibition Center and Beijing Airport Industrial Park. We are 10 minutes walking from nearby NCIEC station of subway line 15, 15 minutes drive from the airport, and just 25 minutes from the city’s central business district.

Again thank you for your feedback and continuous support. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Stayed at the Crowne Plaza Beijing International for one night in January, during an overnight layover in Beijing. If price is more or less the same, I would not stay here again but would choose the Hilton or Langham.

LOCATION
While the hotel states it is at Beijing International, it took at least 15 minutes on the shuttle bus - in the middle of the night with no traffic, going on highways and back roads surrounded by nothing. Literally nothing. This makes it much farther than the Hilton and Langham, which are visible from the arrivals area of T3 and next to the airport terminal building itself. I didn't have time to walk around the area, but it did not seem to be within short walking distance to shops or restaurants and appeared quite isolated.

SHUTTLE BUS FROM AIRPORT
As requested on the website, I e-mailed the hotel directly to reserve the complimentary shuttle bus from PEK to the hotel. As my flight was scheduled to arrive shortly after 11pm, I notified the hotel that I was hoping to catch the shuttle between 11.30 to 12 midnight, assuming there were no delays. I provided my flight information as well, so that if there was a delay they would be able to check. Unfortunately my flight was delayed by about 30 minutes, so by the time we arrived at the hotel shuttle bus pick-up area, it was shortly after midnight. While the Hilton and Langham shuttles made 3 (yes, 3) pick-ups while we were waiting, the Crowne Plaza shuttle did not appear until 1am. As there are no courtesy phones to the hotel, unless you have a local cell phone plan or are willing to swipe your credit card at the public payphone there is no way to contact the hotel. Given the proximity of this hotel's competitors and the frequency of their shuttles, this was quite disappointing. No issues were encountered with the return shuttle.

CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT
Efficient and friendly.

ROOM AMENITIES
Room was spacious and closer to North American standards in terms of size. Bed was large and comfortable and the room is modern. We called down and asked if wi-fi was free, and were informed that despite the fact the log-in page prompts the user to select a rate plan, we would not be charged. Unfortunately they did try to charge us at check-out, but when we informed the agent that we had spoken with someone the previous night, and gave her name, the fee was quickly waived. Breakfast was not included so cannot comment.

OVERALL IMPRESSION
The hotel is a great hotel assuming:
- You just need a transit hotel
- You have confirmed the hotel shuttle in advance and don't encounter any flight/immigration/customs delays

Given that it is significantly cheaper than the Hilton and Langham (about $60 USD a night cheaper for the night I booked) it's perfect acceptable and I would recommend. However, if price is the same I would probably book with a hotel closer to the airport.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WanderingRaccoon
CPBJIA, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear fbbToronto,

Our hotel is located across from New China International Exhibition Center and Beijing Airport Industrial Park. We are 10 minutes walking from nearby NCIEC station of subway line 15, 15 minutes drive from the airport, and just 25 minutes from the city’s central business district. We offer guests easy access to international schools, shopping, restaurants and golf club, while the area is home to a number of multi-national, Fortune 500 companies. Hope we will have another chance to introduce you more details next time you visit Beijing.

We try to offer our guests with products and service value for money. We recommend guests to book at any of our websites to enjoy the best room rate, and find out more promotions. Besides, by being an IHG Rewards Club member, you'll get to enjoy exclusive benefits at all our hotels, such as free internet. Beside, your comments about the shuttle bus and internet has been documented and will certainly be looked into.

Again thank you for your valuable feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again. Thank you!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This hotel is not what they advertise. Its very far from the airport, the shuttle took an HOUR to come to the airport and I called three times. The Hilton and Langham shuttles came 4 times and we waited for the CP shuttle. When I arrived they couldn't find my reservation, I suggested they look for my first name. She said she couldn't find it. I waited another 10 minutes trying to find the reservation number my client had sent me. Finally she put together that it was under my first name. Then I gave them my platinum rewards number and they input that. But they wouldn't give me access to the executive lounge - although that is a privilege of platinum. Then I asked about a conference badge that was left waiting for me, and they couldn't figure that out. I hd to go to my room then come back down for them to direct me to the bell desk and then I had to look through their books for them to find my name written down.
One mistake after another…and I am just now in my room!!! I am afraid of what will happen in the next day as I stay in this horrible place. The location is remote - its not near the airport or near the conference center - not what it advertises to be. I have to believe it will be impossible to find a taxi here. I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank chinablonde
CPBJIA, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Beijing International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear chinablonde,

We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience our service may have caused you during your stay. Your comments about the shuttle bus has been documented and will certainly be looked into. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again thank you for letting us know about the problems you have encountered during your stay with us. We hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon and demonstrate our improvements. Thank you!