“Best French cuisine”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Guomao
Description: Heritage - French Flair to Beijing's Dining Scene December 1st, 2012 - Sofitel Wanda Beijing opens Beijing's newest and most exclusive French a la carte restaurant - Heritage. Open for lunch and dinner, the 60-seat restaurant (2 private rooms) boasts luxurious furnishings throughout, bringing a French country style chateau to the heart of Beijing. Intimate, individually-lit tables with exquisite cutlery and accessories in muted, subtle tones give the restaurant an authentic traditional French ambience that effortlessly reflects Parisian elegance and quality. The restaurant aims to offer the most refined of French cuisines in a very stylish setting. Heritage chef de cuisine is the talent behind the innovative menu. Chef has gained valuable experience at several Michelin star French restaurants working side by side with notable French culinary experts who contributes to the renown for the French culinary experience. The gourmet chef has conjured up a variety of dishes for the restaurant using the highest quality ingredients. Heritage has ensured that every aspect, from the choice of dishes to their preparation and presentation, makes a statement and reflects France's traditions of culinary excellence. Heritage's impressive wine cellar offers wines from France's most renowned wineries including Bordeaux, the Loire and Rhone Valley, while also including wines from chateaux and the highest repute boutique wineries from all over the world. Heritage - timeless choreography Since its debuts in August 2007, Sofitel Wanda Beijing's French restaurant has been bringing the French "art de vivre" to the heart of Beijing. Heritage restaurant draws its name from the legacy of French culinary culture. Cuisine of the Heritage is firmly anchored in tradition of fine French cuisine but I dynamically infused with culinary innovations and creative approaches. Heritage doesn't stand alone for food, but for a complete orchestrated dining experience. The French "art de la table" is a combination of emotions blending flavours of regional or imported products, spices and cooking techniques to create a timeless experience of dishes, a ballet of food, wine and service.
“Best French cuisine”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Tried their new summer lunch menu. Like all dishes and I can feel the chef made it with his heart. The dishes were not only tasted good, but also with good presentation, every dish likes an art piece! A memorable dinning experience for me.

In terms of the food, I like the foie gras and the prawn w potato ravioli, all ingredients are perfectly matched and the size is perfect for lady.

The value of the food is much higher than what you pay. Sure will come back!

Visited July 2013

Beijing, China
“An unforgetablly upsetting experience”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

My husband and I picked this place for our 5th anniversary + valentine's day dinner. I regret immensely later on....

The dinner went ok, although I did not fancy the duck chest or the dissert that much. What really kills the day was at the check-out. I did not find out until the next day when I received my electronic credit card bill that I was charged RMB3,000 (which is approx. US$475) ON TOP OF what I spent (RMB2,488 for the set dinner). I called the restaurant and they told me to wait while they checked to see what happened. They called back in the afternoon and told me that their server who helped me with the bill made a mistake by placing both bills of my table and my neighboring table on my credit card. But the point is I never signed the 3,000 bill, and the transaction still went through.... They didn't offer any timeline for a solution but told me to wait for them to "sort things out with their finance dept.". Then they did not contact me until I called back the next day, and found out what their version of the solution is: to get the right person to pay the bill first, then they'd get their bank to refund the money to my credit card bank, which takes at least 30 working days - I was told.

So at this point, I am totally disappointed and upset, feeling that I am being punished for someone else's mistake. And that mistake was made by a 5-star hotel + a so-called Michelin restaurant -- so you know how unreliable these things can be. And most disappointing is the way they have been handling this incident: I don't feel any part of real regrests from their part, and their real concern is to make sure to get someone to pay for the 3,000 bill. I even got a feeling that their finance dept. would probably not do the refund for me until they get the right person to get it paid. What kind of logic is that?! This incident totally ruined my anniversary in retrospect....

So in light of what happened to me 48 hours ago after I paid RMB2,488 (which is approx. US$400), I would NOT recommend this restaurant to anyone!

Visited February 2012
7 Thank thelma_tang
London
“Very good French fine dining restaurant”
Reviewed 23 November 2011

The Dining area and atmosphere is excellent, and the service is top notch.

The pan seared foie gras is amazing, and very delicious. The goose liver foie gras is also excellent. The suckling pig as the main is very good as well. The meat is juicy and nicely cooked, and the skin is just rightly done, not overly crispy. And the sauce complementing the sucking pig is again divine. Though the beef was ok, average.

A large selection of wine, mostly French of course. We had a very good bottle of red with our meal.

The price is expensive for Beijing. Though this is expected for French fine dining, with excellent service and its location. The price is similar to fine dining compared to London.

A great place for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2011
“Not bad”
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The food is good but not wow
The service is quite good compare to other places we have been in Beijing

1 Thank Leoyip
Hong Kong, China
“Okay but has room for improvement”
Reviewed 8 February 2009

I must admit, comparing to 6-8 years ago, Beijing sure has come a long way when it comes to fine dining and french cuisine.

Le Pre Lenotre is a prime example. I really like the simple yet elegant decor. The menu however offers very few choices to choose from. We ordered the lobster salad and pan seared foie gras for appetizers and they were pretty good. But it was tale of 2 cities when it came to the main courses. The lamb loin and duck breast were very very average.

Having been to Shanghai and Beijing for fine dining, I think Beijing still got some catching up to do.

1 Thank Hedonist420