We spent 4 nights here (in 2 different rooms) and it really has been great. I chose the hotel because of the reviews on TripAdvisor and in large part because of the location. It is within walking distance of Drum Tower, the Forbidden City, Lama Temple and a lot of other great locations, if you don't mind a little walking. But the location is also great because you are in a very quiet hutong off of a very vibrant and interesting larger hutong (Nanluogo).
While the location was a major factor in my choice, and it has worked out well, I really needed to write this review because the service has been so excellent. The staff truly has a service attitude, most of them speak English well, and they just really want you to have a good stay. They have helped us navigate the area, providing written names and addresses and even a map. They also upgraded our room for free when there was a problem with our room (see below). Generally speaking they are just extremely cordial and accommodating.
But back to the rooms, they all are very nice. We were really trying to watch our budget, so we got their "cheap" room which had no windows and a twin bed. The room was clean and well-appointed, just a little small and very dark in the middle of the night! It also got very warm and since there were no windows to open, they opted to just put us in a deluxe room for our last night.
Some other comments on the facilites:
- breakfast was very nice with basic continental items as well as a few hot items. I thought the onion rings were really good - albeit unusual - for breakfast
- the courtyard setting is very quiet and peaceful
- the water pressure was adequate but not great
- the rooms are very nice but also simple, while having all the necessities and a few extras
- they have made great efforts to be "green" including using alternative energy for heat/hot water.
But back to the staff. They really made the experience. It was so nice to be taken care of and have such nice people making our vacation special.
A really great place to stay if you want more of an authentic experience while still being "comfortable".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Courtyard 7 is the first courtyard hotel in Beijing to adopt the Geothermal heat pump system.A typical quadrangle design, Courtyard 7 consists of three rows of courtyards, which occupies an area of 1800 square meters.In Courtyard 7, there are standard, suite, and side rooms. All rooms are bright and clean, private and quiet, and furnished with modern facilities, including telephone, cable TV, internet, etc.. King size flower-caved beds with all antique wooden furniture, modern and clean bathroom, make people not only enjoy their stay, but also can experience the precious and traditional culture of Beijing Si He Yuan. Courtyard 7 utilizes Geothermal heat pump and Solar energy environmental protection equipments to provide 24 hours heat, air condition, and hot water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Courtyard 7 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard 7 Hotel Beijing
- Courtyard Hotel 7