This is what you would expect from Swire Hotels, a subsidiary of the Swire Property Group, a major property developer based in Hong Kong. They are also running a top-rated sister hotel in Hong Kong, the Upper House.
1. Up market and trendy location in the middle of Sanlitun Village - great shops, restaurants and an underground supermarket.
2. Extremely quiet rooms - no bustling streets downstairs as the hotel is surrounded by promenade.
3. Very spacious rooms - even if you go for the standard room type.
4. Huge onsen style wooden bath tub - they even put a toy duck there to give you company!
5. Complimentary minibar - local and imported beers, beverages and snacks generously refilled everyday.
6. Free in-room iPad - though you will probably bring along your own device.
7. Full range of sockets - just next to the writing desk - no need to pack your own travel adaptors.
1. It might be a bit chilly when you get out of the shower during winter - open plan bathroom without any door.
Service was excellent. A young and enthusiastic team headed by a manageress (apparently trained and relocated from Hong Kong) with fluent English. When they knew I had left my credit card in a countryside restaurant miles away, they took every step to make sure I got it back from locals (which I did on the same evening).
Tips: Make sure you order your breakfast from the menu (if your package includes breakfast). Your choice is not limited to those few items on the buffet table. No extra charge for any item from the menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Opposite House features 99 luxuriously appointed guest studios designed by the renowned Japanese architect, Kengo Kuma. Designed to provide a sense of space, warmth and comfort, studios start from 45/481 sqm/sqf, which are arguably some of the largest in Beijing. They come fitted with signature wooden floorings and oak tubs. Partnering with well-known Shanghai based Australian restaurateur David Laris and restaurant designers Neri & Hu, we offer an intoxicating blend of restaurants and bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Preferred Hotels, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Opposite House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Opposite House Hotel Beijing
- The Opposite Hotel
- Opposite Hotel Beijing