We checked in on June 25, 2011. We got the Buick minivan car service from the hotel, 800 RMB so $123 USD. They had a greeter meet us at the terminal gate at Beijing Airport. She helped with bags and took us to the car. Very helpful.
They gave us a room early, arrived at the hotel around 800am. Upgraded us to king bedroom suite, unsure if it is a lifestyle suite or not, language barrier. The room was beautiful. Walk-in closet, two sinks, separate toilet, walk-in shower and tub, TV by tub, rainfall shower, big room, with two LCD Televisions. Work area, sofa and just an amazing design overall.
Pros: The value, the decor, the pool, the free breakfast buffet, the location. Light and curtain controls. Executive lounge. Cheap taxi's. The concierge was extremely helpful. Use their tour service; English guide and driver for 8 hours was $247 USD.
Cons: Lack of wifi at pool and rooms. The wired internet speed was poor at best. The lighting was poor in bathroom. Nice bathroom but could use brighter lights. The elevator had trouble reading my room key card (security) sometimes, making me take rides to the lobby and back for no reason.
I would say the Waldorf Astoria opening next door might draw customers from this hotel with nothing but better internet broadband. I don't know why Hilton would build right next to themselves. If no wifi, i would like a broadband speed that isn't slow.
* I am not a frequent traveler to China, so i do not know if this is a problem for other hotels too, due to government restrictions, but broadband speed and connectivity matters to me. While at the pool, I was able to draw from the Peninsula Hotel wifi (no password though.) I didn't expect to access Google and gmail but Bing and yahoo were fine on my computer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing sets the standard for modern comfort. Located on famous Wangfujing Street, the hotel is within an easy walk to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square. This intimate, lifestyle hotel features 255 guestrooms and suites with highly sophisticated in-room entertainment. The Hilton Beijing Wangfujing specializes in pairing ideal meeting venues with impeccable service. Gourmet palates will relish the fine range of restaurants and lounges offering an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails in chic surroundings. Escape to the peaceful, rejuvenating solitude of the spa. Combining traditional Chinese hospitality with warm and personalized service and an intimate lifestyle ambience, Hilton Beijing Wangfujing is worth discovering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Beijing Wangfujing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing Hotel Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing Wangfujing
- Beijing Hilton