“Great location and service”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #25 of 6,531 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I had originally wanted to stay at a more authentic Chinese hotel in one of the hutongs, but I am glad we ended up here as the location is fantastic. Easy access to all the best places in Beijing and great transport options. Wonderful service, excellent exec lounge, good views, comfortable rooms, lovely pool, everything about this hotel is just great. My kids really loved the chinese teddies on their beds, even though they are a bit old for them. Stone in the exec lounge bent over backwards to help us. This is simply a wonderful hotel and I would definitely stay here again, even if my husband wasn't a Diamond status holder. The best shopping in Beijing is found literally outside the door, with the sleek shopping center and pedestrian street, and the authentic alley markets just off the main road. This has got to be the best place to stay in Beijing.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Beijing Wangfujing

Reviewed 19 July 2012

The Hilton Beijing Wangfujing is centrally located in the Wangfujing shopping district. It is just a one minute walk to great shops and food yet the hotel is very quiet. The rooms are spacious, comfortable and clean. Our room did not smell like cigarette smoke which we have discovered is not easy to find in China. For people like me, who cannot stand the smell of cigarette smoke, I highly recommend staying in only 5 star, American chain hotels if your budget allows.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

We just returned after spending 10 nights in Beijing at this hotel. Wonderful location, property and service- bathroom and dressing room were outstanding -

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I am a tough critic- let me say, this hotel met my high standards. I used hilton points to stay here 3 nights during the beginning of a china vacation. We also paid for night at the end of the trip. First, the location of this hotel can not be beat. You are within walking distance to the forbidden city and tiannamen square. Also, there is a mall right behind the hotel and you can easily walk along Wangfujing street to do some shopping. Rooms were spacious and sleek. Flat screen tvs, ipod docking stations, plugs that didn't require a special converter. With a touch of a button, the shades would raise or lower. Closets was huge, king sized bed was comfy. Room had free tea/coffee. Stand alone tub with free rubber duck gift. The room we paid for with hilton points was smaller than the room we paid for (standard vs deluxe). The deluxe room was more of a suite, featuring two sinks, a closet you could sleep in, a separate room for the bath and shower, separate office area. (Deluxe room also came with a free teddy bear) We ate breakfast in the hotel (decent- asian, english, middle eastern fare) and used the hotel's pool. Spa looked nice- fitness center top notch. No complaints about service or staff.
My only complaints -the pool was that it was closed during our second stay (hotel made arrangements for you to use a neighboring hotel's pool) and wish wifi was free in the room (free in lobby). Since the hotel is so close to the mall, you can easily pop out and grab a starbucks! I'd definitely stay here again! (PS, althought the hotel was 4 years old, very well maintained. No noticeable cracks. Staff was up every morning scrubbing!)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lhaganmich
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The hotel is gorgeous and luxurious. I stayed there four nights. Room is modern, new, and over-spacious. The staff at the executive lounge are extremely service minded, helpful, and friendly. One can easily walk to Wangfujing shopping areas. One can also walk to Forbidden City and Tianmenn Square in 20 minutes from the hotel.
Internet is fast. This hotel is a really outstanding hotel with outstanding service.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I loved this hotel. Rooms were big enough for a family. LCD tv over the tub. Seperate shower and tub areas. Valet room. Ultra courteous. Could not beat it. Beautiful breakfast( a little expensive). But well worth it. Free coffee or tea in the mini bar. If you go to Beijing stay here. They gave you a rubber duck on the tub tray to take home. Bear on the bed every night too. Hilton charm, they call you by name and really know how to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to an upper floor as a Hilton honors member.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Patricia M
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Background: Traveled with my husband and three children ranging 5-16 years in age. When we travel we like to stay in 5-star resorts and hotels. Purpose of trip was to sightsee and shop en route to Bali.

We were lucky and got upgraded to a King Suite (huge with kitchen, living room) and an adjoining King Innovation suite for the children. As I am writing this review I am racking my brain of anything that was not good as I am a pretty discerning traveler and can't think of anything. Rooms are modern and well equipped. Staff extremely service minded and speak better English than other hotels (English is not top notch anywhere in Beijing). During our 5-day stay we did not experience any staff that was not helpful and service minded. The hotel seems to be very well run.

In terms of location, it was 20 minutes to the Silk Market and the APM mall was right behind the hotel. You can walk to the Forbidden City and Wanfujing shops as well. I do not know Beijing well at all but I think we were in a good central area. It did not feel like we were far away from anything really.

The other hotel guests? An international mix and mostly pleasant co-habitants. The restaurants on site were really good and reasonably priced. We enjoyed the Peking Duck at the restaurant at the hotel.

I got a massage that was great! Also reasonably priced. All in all, the hotel is a haven in the midst of a bustling, at times stressful, city of Beijing. If we return to Beijing, this is where we will stay.

Room Tip: King Suite.