“Great hotel in a fantastic location.”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #27 of 6,450 Hotels in Beijing
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in a fantastic location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Stayed in this hotel for six nights in June. Excellent from start to finish. Check-in went smoothly and found that I had been upgraded to a luxury double room.

The room was fantastic, really big, I estimated 90 square meters. Roll top bath in a wet room, all marble with a super shower. Dressing area, double basins, walk in wardrobe, sitting area, desk area and a super chair with light and footstall, ideal for reading. Very comfortable bed with lovely sheets and covering. A unit the size of a double wardrobe housed the fridge and the 'mini' bar, as well as tea and coffee making.

The service in the hotel is great, very attentive, nothing was a problem for the staff.

Breakfast was excellent, a buffet selection of international items as well as Chinese food, probably one of the best breakfast selections I have every seen. We had a buffet lunch each day and the quality/selection was amazing.

The location of the hotel is ideal, very close to lots of restaurant, an amazing array of shops and market. It is about a ten minute walk to Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City.

Compared to European prices the hotel represented great value for money. (Must finish now I'm running out of superlatives :-)

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Palm Harbor
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Fabulous hotel - accommodating and polite staff - fantastic rooms - great work out facility - nice pool - fabulous executive lounge and fantastic location. I stay in hotels as part of my job and live out of a suitcase for about half of my life. This is absolutely the best hotel I have ever stayed at in my life and my wife agrees and she happens to be FROM Beijing!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank captric1
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

I go to Beijing at least 5 times a year. Hilton Wangfujing is the first time for my stay. No good, when I check in to wait over 15mins and told me my room not yet ready, for business trip, it can't be accepted. I stay at 16/F, so noisy in the morning...sound from outside of hotel. For the location, it's difficult to get the cab, unless you only go to Forbidden City, otherwise it's difficult to get everywhere because it is too center of the city, go everywhere is traffic jam. My colleague stay that room only a small window and can see clearly of next building's room. Another colleague stay at room, after shower the floor was flooding....Only one plug is workable in the room. If you only go to Forbidden City, it's fine because it is closed to there (20 mins walk)

Room Tip: Because the building is "T" style, its easy to see each other room...
1 Thank K L
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear KL,
Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for your recent business trip to Beijing. I was sorry to read we did not meet your expectations. We service an international clientele coming from and going to all corners of the world, arriving and departing at all hours of the day. When we know the arrival details we will always ensure a room is ready to check into. Unfortunately we are not always given flight or train arrival times and then there may be a little wait, depending on the time of day you are arriving. We continue to promote our taxi incentive program which is attracting more taxi drivers to the hotel. I am sorry you still had difficulties getting a taxi. I regret your colleague experienced problems with his shower. If you could contact me with details of which room ,also for the plug problem, we can rectify this. Beijing is notorious for its traffic congestion and it is likely since you were travelling on business that your travel times will have coincided with rush hour. I'm sorry this caused frustrations. We currently have four hotels affiliated with Hilton in Beijing, with one more to open this year and another one next year. Perhaps they are better located for your business? Let me know if I can assist with your next booking in any of our properties. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for 7 nights 3 weeks ago. As I am a Diamond member the service was outstanding. We were quickly escorted to the Executive Lounge for check in and were upgrade to a beautiful Suite which was huge. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows as well and the hotel has a pillow menu. The Forbidden City can be seen from the executive lounge as this hotel is one of the best locations in Beijing. Wangfujing street is on your doorstep, the Forbidden City and Tiamon Square just around the corner. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the hotel for the excellent service and staff especially Sarah in the Executive Lounge and Sean the Concierge who took care of all our needs. The hotel also left me a complimentary teddy bear wearing a Hilton Beijing Wangfujing shirt and pressed one article of clothing per day free of charge, which was a great benefit to have on a business trip.

Room Tip: Would not stay anywhere else in Beijing.
2 Thank patriciaw9
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed for three days in August in a (vast) Deluxe Plus room. Location superbly complimented touring of Beijing's historical and cultural sights, with which we were excellently assisted by concierges Hans and Rambow. Food in Chynna was tasty if a little heavy, while Vasco's was delicious with Stone providing disarming service.

The pool area provided a delightfully restive contrast to the smoggy intensity of Beijing's streets, a great edition to a charming and very reasonably prices property.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank JDUK1
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for 8 nights on a business trip and I think it is an excellent choice when visiting Beijing. It is hard to find a better location as the hotel is close to a variety of malls and shops on Wangfujing street. There is a supermarket inside the mall next door and a Jinkelong convenience store on the opposite side of Xiao Wei Hu Tong. The Hilton is a 5-10 minute walk from two subway stations (Dengshikou on Line 5 and Wangfujing on Line 1) and a 15-20 minute walk from the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.

I am a diamond member with Hilton Honors and was upgraded to a very large king room. The room was modern and well-furnished with a large king bed, several closets, a couch, a large flat screen TV, and an office area with a desk and printer/scanner. The clock radio had an iPod docking station. The bathroom was very large and included a walk-in shower area with both a wall-mounted shower head and a rain bath as well as a bath tub. There was also a small TV mounted on the wall over the bath tub. The internet was fairly fast and reliable and, as with all Hilton properties, was complimentary for Diamond members. The fitness center is large and has two ellipticals, several treadmills, and dumbbells. The pool is very nice and the area includes very comfortable lounge chairs, though the water is a little cold. A life guard is on duty during all open hours.

I had breakfast at both the restaurant and the VIP lounge during my stay. The restaurant had a wide variety of both western and Chinese options and also included an omelet station (which also prepares eggs to order). The VIP lounge has a slightly smaller array of the same options available in the restaurant and also has an omelet station. The lounge also has a cocktail hour from 6pm-8pm. The lounge staff are very helpful and make an effort to get to know everyone by name within a few days. They also contacted me a week in advance of my stay to offer assistance booking transportation from the airport. I also had dinner at Chynna, the hotel’s Chinese restaurant, one night during my stay. The restaurant serves very good Chinese food made with high-quality ingredients. The barbeque pork and kung pao chicken were especially good.

The hotel goes a long way to show appreciation for Diamond members. In addition to the very nice room upgrade and free wireless internet, I also found an assortment of Chinese cakes and cookies waiting for me in the room upon check-in. The hotel also left me a complimentary teddy bear wearing a Hilton Beijing Wangfujing shirt and pressed one article of clothing per day free of charge, which was a great benefit to have on a business trip.

Overall, the service at the hotel was exceptional. The front desk staff are friendly and speak very good English. Check-in and check-out were both fast and efficient. When a colleague left a message with the desk for me, they went out of their way to make sure I got it by leaving me a voice message and a hand delivered note and turning on the message waiting indicator on the room phone to let me know there was a hand-written message at the desk for me. My colleague, who is not a Hilton Honors VIP member had a birthday while we were there, which they must have noticed when looking at his passport during check-in, as the hotel staff left a small birthday cake and a card in his room for him. The concierge desk was also very friendly and was a good resource for providing directions to sites within the city. On my last night in Beijing, I was staying at an airport hotel due to an early morning flight. When I was leaving, the concierge desk looked up the location and provided the taxi driver with directions and also printed out the Google Maps driving directions for him.

Overall, I was very impressed with this hotel and will definitely stay again if I am back in Beijing.

Room Tip: The deluxe king rooms are very large and well-furnished. Also one of the nicest bathrooms I've...
4 Thank TLMurphy77
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Wangfujing for 5 nights in July on a business trip. It's a top quality hotel with one of the nicest hotel rooms I've stayed in-huge & luxurious, including a rainfall shower so powerful it's actually hard to stand up with it on full! The breakfast was as you'd expect in a Hilton; good quality and plentiful. I also had dinner in the hotel on a couple of nights and had the buffet, which was incredible, if fairly pricey. The staff were very helpful, especially when I wanted to organize a few sight seeing trips. Getting a taxi can be very tricky in Beijing, but luckily taxi's queue up outside the hotel. The location is great, very central and possible to walk to the forbidden city in c15-20mins. I'd thoroughly recommend for either business, or on a holiday. Only downsides I can think of were WiFi is pretty expensive (unless you have Hilton Honors gold in which case it's free). There's certainly nothing Chinese about the hotel, but that can feel like quite a good thing after a day in the city.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business