2,672 results
All reviews the executive lounge lifestyle suite forbidden city walk in closet wangfujing street diamond member walking distance hilton beijing concierge desk excellent hotel night market upgraded to a suite lounge access rain shower shopping mall the location is perfect peking duck
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I actually didn't stay due to plan change, but I did get a lot of help from the hotel right after my reservation. As a gold member, I was offered executive floor in advance and I also got extra breakfast vouchers since I mentioned it will be my parents' special ceremony. Some other requests were replied promptly by email. I will definitely stay here in the future, and I believe it will be a wonderful experience as others described here.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 December 2012

The hotel is very nice, concierge is excellent. They will print you out maps in Chinese (I recommend this) for a taxi as well as lend you an umbrella for the day, answer general questions, put you in a cab & make sure the driver knows where you are going. You can also book tours through the hotel at the concierge if you have a day off.
-This hotel is in a very modern/western area of the city (by a big mall w a Starbucks, Gap, etc.), BUT on the plus side, also only a 15/20 min walk from The Forbidden City/Tiananmen Sq & the pedestrian mall attached to the mall is quite nice.
-I did book a GrayLine tour to The Great Wall through the hotel. There was a blizzard, but the tour guide still got us to a different section of The Wall. Since this was the only day I could go, I was grateful to see any section! But beware, as with all tour groups, you are taken to a tea shop & jade shop to try to get you to buy things. You cannot get out of this, but they are not too pushy, so it is okay.
-I also suggest you arrange for a car to the hotel. It seems extravagant, but most taxi drivers in China where I was, speak NO English.
-AND, it is quite cold in early November. Bring a winter coat, hat, scarves, gloves!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AlysonMarian
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear AlysonMarian,

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. You highlight a few very useful tips, notably to always have adresses printed in Chinese for taxi drivers. The Gray Line bus tours that can be booked through the hotel do include visits to tea and jade shops / museums, whereas the private Gray Line tours do not. Yes, winter arrives from early November, although the blizzard was quite unexpected! I thank you for sharing your tips and experience and look forward to the opportunity of being of service sometime in the future. Best regards, Marc de Beer

Reviewed 4 December 2012

Booked the largest suite for me and my wife, staff extremely helpful and willing to go that extra mile for your needs.
As a Diamond member I'm still not used being this taken care of.
Thanks Mr Stone Du, executive floor manager for making our 3 days in Beijing so enjoyable!
I'll be back!

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Johfrid,

Thank you for your glowing review of yur recent visit to Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. The team is delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for singling out Stone, I will certainly recognize him for his efforts. Thank you once again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit to Beijing. Kind regards, Marc de Beer

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Upgraded to a suite - don't know why - This Hotel is First Class in every way - Staff very helpful - Breakfast excellent - other than b/f didn't eat in Hotel - suggestions from the front desk on eating placess was spot on - Terrific location -

Room Tip: High Floor - for the View
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank CJGallen
Reviewed 25 November 2012

It seems to me, being a westerner in Beijing, it's nice to have the no-nonsense break from the street scams and come back to the Wangfujing. I love having status on Hhonors, because they always take care of you abroad at Hilton vs. having status in the U.S. Always tend to get upgraded and treated nicely (ok above nicely, more like a celebrity). The room was great. Were in "twin" rooms, but the beds seemed like two full beds, instead of twins, bathroom had all the fixings, full tub, walk-in rain shower, nice, clean fixtures. The lounge was great, and food was substantial enough to make a large snack or a light evening meal out of. But of course, you need to have Peking Duck in Beijing, so ask around, they will give you a great recommendation. Also, Sara, Vicky and Stone were all great - English skills was top notch - and is definitely what comes to mind when I think of the Hilton Brand - exceeding expectations and going above and beyond. Hotel is central so you can walk around the central area (Wangfujing is a big pedestrian street with shops and restaurants). Forbidden city and all that right around the corner. You book your tour the next day to the Wall and then you've seen what you came for all without having to do too much wandering beyond the confines of the delicious property.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends