“Hands down - best stay during 3 weeks in China”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #24 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 2 January 2013

A family of four travelling on their own (we speak Mandarin). Out of four hotels we stayed at (all big, name brand 4 star hotels) this was the absolute best of the bunch. Impeccably designed, modern rooms with every amenity needed. Luxury bath products. Innovative sliding wall design for privacy if needed in the washroom... natural light the rest of the time. Had an ipod dock, which I really appreciated. Location right next to Wangfujing shopping center, and donganmen snack street (really great, clean state-run street food stands here). Walking distance to Tiananmen and metro system. Front desk and concierge staff effortlessly helpful. We included a buffet breakfast with our room, and it was worth every penny. Overall, a really great experience. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ArtYee
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2013

Dear ArtYee,

Thank you for having chosen Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for your recent family holiday. Travelling with a family can be both taxing and rewarding. I am pleased that our hotel contributed in a positive way to your experience. The team and I appreciate your Tripadvisor review and send you and your family our best regards, Marc de Beer

Reviewed 2 January 2013

During my visit I stayed in 3 different hotels - Hilton, Grand Hyatt and the Westin.
The Hilton was my favorite by a fair margin! Stepping into the luxurious lobby, I knew there would be no regrets choosing the hotel. The interiors are modern yet inviting and warm, with the immediate feel of a boutique hotel despite being part of a larger hotel chain. It didn't take much to persuade me to upgrade my room in order to enjoy their executive lounge - breakfast, afternoon tea and evening snacks in the executive lounge hit the mark well. The lounge was a great choice. Staff were friendly and helpful throughout. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable - flawless experience. I really liked the pool area too, I almost forgot it was -15 degrees outside. The hotel is 200m from a mall and probably no more than 8 minutes walk from the Forbidden City - great position for tourism. I'm trying to think of a low .... There's no sauna ... If that matters? Altogether best Hilton I've stayed in.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo

Dear TravelHabits,

Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel. I couldn't be happier about the praise you heap on us. I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back in the future. Kind regards, Marc de Beer

Reviewed 1 January 2013

Very good and helpfull staff at the lobby . Confortable and spacious room May need some more lights. Found sockets forgotten by previous guests in the bathroom. Avoid the chynna restaurant not really tastefull and expensive for what you eat. The swimming pool beautifull but impossible to be understood by the staff because they can't speak english at all. Impossible to order drinks in the swimming pool area. Excellent location.

• Stayed: December 2012

Dear CarolinaGu,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing here on TripAdvisor. While I am clearly delighted that you liked our hotel, I was disturbed to learn you experienced service shortcomings. Indeed, our swimming pool life guard completely misunderstood your request and failed to get his supervisor involved. The team and I have reviewed our procedures and are now confident that any request will be seen through to successful completion. I sincerely apologize that this was not the case during your visit.
I happened to notice your review on the Temple Restaurant in Beijing; this is my favourite restaurant! Although our Chynna Restaurant is certainly not comparable, I am sorry you were not impressed by its fine Cantonese offerings. Thank you once again for your constructive feedback, we will take it to heart. Kind regards, Marc de Beer

Reviewed 30 December 2012

My wife and I sandwiched a Hilton HHonors rewards stay between several guesthouse stays. The difference was spectacular. We had use of the executive lounge and it was like having gone to sleep in Detroit and waking up in Aruba. Wow! What a hotel. The only aspect that does not deserve five stars is the hotel's gym. It is a little above what a Hampton Inn provides in the US.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2012

As a Diamond VIP HHonors member, I was impressed when I received an e-mail from Stone Du, the Executive Lounge Manager, 1 week prior to our arrival at the property. He welcomed me to the property, noted that I would be upgraded based on my HHonors status and offered to set up any airport transportation if needed. We checked in around 1am and were upgraded to a suite. We were personally greeted by Stone the next morning when we went to the Executive Lounge for breakfast. There was a large variety of both Eastern and Western options in their buffet, including cooked to order eggs. There seemed to be just as many items available- both hot and cold- as was available in the hotel restaurant.
The service was outstanding- from the staff at the Executive Lounge to the front desk staff! We never saw less than 2-3 staff available for assistance. They consistently went above and beyond to provide whatever was needed- for example; one afternoon at tea in the Executive Lounge we requested a specific tea (that we had just had in the spa after our massages), but they did not have it in the lounge. No big deal, we had water instead. But when we were getting up to leave, they asked if we would mind staying a few minutes- as they had sent someone down to the 5th floor restaurant to get the tea we wanted!
We often use our HHonors points for vacation in Europe and have stayed at Hilton properties in Rome, Stockholm, Vienna, Glasgow, Sorrento, and several other major cities. I have never seen this level of customer service (not even close) at any of those properties and I was also a Diamond HHonor member during those stays.
The location, as noted in other reviews, was fantastic. Everything was within walking distance. It was very cold, but that was good as we walked briskly.
I would absolutely recommend this Hilton property and would stay there again without hesitation! Kudos to Mr. Stone Du and his staff in the Executive Lounge for their outstanding customer service!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2012

What a lovely respite after a 13.5 hour flight that was delayed by two hours. I was sent directly to the Executive Lounge to check in. During the check in process I also was able to book tours for the next two days while sipping champagne. My room which was a suite was wonderful. Very large with a fabulous bath and great bath amenities. The entire staff was very professional. The breakfast in the lounge was terrific as was the evening happy hour. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed 29 December 2012

A very good hotel with fine service. It was the only hotel in which I stayed in China that was clearly up to international standards. I would have given it a fifth star but I made the mistake of reserving an upgraded room. While they did give me a upgraded room, they did not give me the exact type of room I reserved. They politely told me that while the room I booked from the picture in the website was a little bigger and a little nicer than what I received, the company put "the pictures of their nicest rooms" on the website, and this one (although not quite as nice) was in the same category (even though it matched the pictures of a different category). Still, the room was fine, and this was not a big deal.

The staff was generally excellent. The conceirge took about an hour solving a problem with the airline for me, all in the best of humor. Far beyond the call of duty.

The only other downside was that it was sometimes difficult to get a taxi. There is already a shortage of taxis in Beijing, and the hotel is kind of tucked away from where the taxis come by. Overall, this hotel caters well to the international crowd.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business