“Excellent Stay !!!”

Ranked #26 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent Stay !!!”
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is one of the best hotel I have ever been. The staff speak very good English and they are trying to make your stay memorable. The location is perfect. It is close to may famous attractions and near transportation. The room was the best I have seen in Asia.Better than Conrad Tokyo or Bangkok .I put my full review here

The food and breakfast were very good in executive lounge.The only draw back is that the location is a bit hidden and sometimes finding a taxi could take a couple of minutes.

One thing i want to add is they have amazing turndown dessert. It is huge and i never see this kind of presentation before in any hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I get about for my work, and my wife and I like to travel. So I've stayed in some hotels. This is the best hotel I've stayed in. My only regret is that it was only for two nights!

We used one of their cars to pick us up from the airport, the arrival/check-in experience wasn't as slick as the Hilton in Shanghai, but it was all good. Three of us rocked up together, and we were all processed efficiently and simply.

The rooms were huge, in fact I think I'd say too big! it felt like the dressing room, where my bags were stored, were at the other end of the city!

I'm Hilton HHonors gold, so that means I get extra stuff, this case there were some cakes and Chinese sweets in my room, a really nice touch. You might say big deal, but as they are still in my mind, clearly it is a personal touch that works.

The bed was huge and comfy, I so wish I could have a Saturday morning 'sleep in' in one of them!

Rarely for me, we ate at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel one evening, it was very good food, a touch expensive, but great food. Check out the deep fried fish, I've even taken pictures and put them online.

As a tip, the other night, we ate in one of the restaurants on the ground floor of the shopping mall which is just out of the door and too the right. We chose the Szechuan restaurant, four of us (one from Shanghai all rated it).

Breakfast was good, lots of choice, and the servers were attentive without being overbearing.

My colleagues and I had a discussion over dinner about what we could find fault with.. And to be honest we had to think pretty hard to come up with anything, and these are all so trivial!

Two of us ordered coffee at the bar, and they took such a long time that we had to remind them! (big deal in the big picture!).

The light switches in the room seem to have been worked out with no logic on the positioning of the switch in conjunction to the actual light! (luxury problem?).

that was it..

I'd stay here again in a heart beat..!

Room Tip: Not a room choice tip, but in the room, either side of the TV are some 'hidden cupboards/closets...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Adriang68, I was thrilled to read your recommendation of our hotel, thank you so much. The deep fried Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish is one of our more popular dishes in Chynna Restaurant. Glad you enjoyed it. The shopping mall you refer to is the APM Mall. BEsides many ethnic restaurants and the more familiar fast food options it also contains a lot of trendy stores, including the largest Apple store in Asia! We'll work on improving the coffee service in the Bar, and look forward to your return. Best regards, Marc de Beer.
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Beijing. Although the hotel stands right in the centre of the main shopping street in Beijing, getting there was a bit confusing as it is not located in the same Wangfujing Street. The reason of our confusion for getting there is that the address is 8 Wangfujing East Street, in the Dongchen district, but the building is actually in a short street behind a shopping centre in the actual Wangfujing street. I highly recommend you to have good look at map before going as you can’t trust taxi drivers to take you to the hotel. However, when we finally got there, we realised that its location is a plus really, since you can avoid all the noise of the main street, while being right next to it.

And now the hotel: this Hilton is all you would expect from such a luxurious hotel company. In a word: excellence. The rooms start at 50 m2, like ours, which had a very convenient and wide place next to the door to leave the luggage and clothes. Then the bathroom was just perfect, with a rain shower and bathtub from which you can watch the big flat screen TV set on the wall before the bed. The bed is obviously very comfortable, wide and soft. There is also a nice sofa to lean on and a wide office desk, views to the city and even an iPod docking station.
The glass-enclosed rooftop pool is a very nice place to relax after an intense day exploring the city. It is not the only option, though: there is also a spa and a fitness centre. The hotel includes two different lavishly decorated and very stylish restaurants, one for modern Chinese cuisine and the other for world cuisine with and an all-day buffet. We just stayed there for breakfast, and it was all that we could ever have expected and more, as it even included local dishes. Two nice bars and the biggest wine selection in Beijing round up the fantastic gourmet experience of this Hilton. It has also rooms for meetings and events. Last but not least, the staff is really nice and helpful. If I had to say a “but”: although there is free Wi-Fi in the lobby, not so in the rooms.
If you want to experience the luxurious Beijing this is your place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Diariodeabordoblog
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Diariodeabordoblog, I was delighted to read your very complimentary review. Thank you so much for sharing your expeirence here on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Beijing. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Beijing, China
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights and only wish we could have stayed longer! The staff was incredibly helpful, going so far as to accompany us to a nearby shop to help us get ID photos we required. The staff at the Executive Lounge was particularly helpful and eager to answer any question we had. The rooms were large, clean, and well-appointed. Close proximity to great shopping and main Beijing tourist attractions, as well as reasonably close subway stops. Another reviewer mentioned limited taxi availability. We had no problem getting a taxi at various times of the day and on weekends, too. We were even there for the early part of Spring Festival and had no problem procuring a taxi. We didn't eat at any of the in-house restaurants and only looked at the pool and spa. I agree a steam room would have been nice, but it doesn't negate the excellent location, amenities and service of this hotel. All-in-all, I highly recommend this hotel for families, couples, business travelers and tourists alike.

Room Tip: Had a king-sized bed with west-facing room. Was very quiet and fun to watch the next door office wo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah G,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for your recent visit to Beijing and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It was satisfying to learn how much you enjoyed the hotel. I thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
LHR
Reviewed 5 February 2013

1st time visitor and not only impressed with the quality of the Hotel, service from the staff and general location - wait till you see the rooms!! Huge with quality furnishings and great attention to detail. So much space - with seperate dressing closet, seating and lounge area- really 1st class. Flames is a great spot to have a drink and relax and couldn't recommend it highly enough..only 15mins from Tianammen Sq, and the Wangfujing shopping area is very high end and safe. Taxis from the Hotel are good- we used the Limo pick-up which was very good there and back.- as has been noted..Taxi's back to the Hotel and in general on the street can be difficult and rare to stop so plan that ahead? The Traffic is a real challange and leave plenty of time if you have meetings in the City. If you get a chance the shopping at the Silk market is recommended - and the must do sites such as the Great Wall etc are all easily aranged at the Concierge and reasonable- exchange rate at he front desk is good value for $$$ rates..all in would highly recommend ..

Room Tip: High floor or pay for the upgrade to Exec level..you can get real VFM there...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear OverlandandseaLhr,

Thank you for your recent stay and for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I was thrilled to learn how impressed you were with our spacious rooms and Flames Bar. The team joins me in expressing our appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon. Regards, Marc de Beer
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 1 February 2013

This is my second time I have stayed here and the staff is amazing. They defiantly take hospitality serious and are all very professional. Received great communication from the staff before checking in to arrange transportation (which I defiantly would recommend - Stone Du), check-in was fast (young blond lady) and friendly and the ROOM.... AWESOME! The Lifestyle Suite is truly beautiful and well planned out. Thanks for the in room bakery items and the amazing service. Marc de Beer is the manager of this great hotel... although I have never meet him... I commend him on the excellent work he has done here. Now off to the gym! Marc - would like to meet you someday to see how you run such a great operation. Thanks again!!!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Barrington, Rhode Island
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Great choice for downtown Beijing.
Walking distance to forbidden city/tiananmen sq.
There is a mall just to the right as you exit the hotel, with broadway cineplex, lots of restaurants.
Cut through the mall and you are on the Wangfujing pedestrian street.

Taxi's hard to come by, really difficult, so plan ahead if going to airport.

Great service, and HHonors benefits. Upgrade to suite for HH gold. Suite is huge, with power curtains, but a bit of odd layout for bathroom.

Odd that even the breakfast server was greeting me as HH Gold "thank you for being our gold member, etc etc, please ask me for anything you want". Some might like that, it was a bit over the top for me, but I guess, this means they train their staff to recognize HH status evrywhere in the Hotel, which result in good service...

Got a good price this time (~CNY1000), but usually on the pricey side (CNY1400++)

Overall, great experience here.

Breakfast was very good as well, all encompassing, western and Chinese breakfast buffet.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Dear pvcnco,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at our hotel here on Tripadvisor. I'm pleased to learn you rate our location, rooms and service highly. I'm sorry you experienced our guest recognition program as a bit over the top. It is certainly not meant that way. Our pricing fluctuates based on expected demand in the area, and we continue to honor Hilton's Best Rate Guarantee. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Beijing. Best regards, Marc de Beer.