“one of the best that i have stayed.”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #24 of 6,464 Hotels in Beijing
Nanjing, China
“one of the best that i have stayed.”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Always stayed in Ritz Carlton when i came to beijing, but now i have one more place to choose, service is really good, the location is good, restaurant and shops around, traffic is terrible, of course, it's beijing, but u can always take a Metro not far away.

Room Tip: all the rooms i have stayed are quiet, but corner suites are large.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Maybe it is the color of the exterior that left the 'cold' impression. I had higher expectations when I chose to stay at Hilton WFJ. Coming straight from the Grand Hyatt, we were unfortunately greeted by no one when we arrived. Had to wait for some time before concierge stepped out to greet us and get our bags out of the taxi. The lobby is rather simple and small so do not expect a grand lobby.

The check-in was not really speedy and we were not actually shown up to our room nor informed of where breakfast would be at (I booked a room with breakfast). We were also not given a demo on how to use the amenities/facilities in the room (it was a 'figure yourself' room which I was not expecting from a Hilton).

Then the bags took longer than usual to reach us in our rooms and when it was put into the luggage area in the walk-in wardrobe, the metal piece of the cupboard fell out! As I was traveling with my elderly mum, I requested for a humidifier and was glad the hotel could provide one together with a foot massager but again they were of the older type models (again not something you expect from a HIlton but perhaps from a 4-star hotel).

The other nagging part was the internet service which was not complimentary but a paid service. Complimentary wifi was only available at the lobby which is totally inconvenient for someone like me who's trying to enjoy a holiday in Beijing while staying connected with family all over. So had no choice but to pay for the wifi connection in the room which was not excellent as service levels were intermittent. (unlike at the previous hotel where wifi was complimentary throughout the hotel establishment).

On the bright side, rooms were excellently spacious (I booked a king plus) and well-equipped with 3 TVs (1 big, 1 medium and 1 very small) so it's an excellent room for families. There is room for one to do some catching up on reading, another to laze and watch tv while another can spend tons of time in the bathroom (soaking in the tub). You may need to either bring your own spa products or you can buy them from hilton.

The other excellent part that made up for the rather let down upon arrival at Hilton was the restaurant - Chynna. Food was fab and so was service and price was extremely decent. They also had a good selection of teas and yummy desserts! Thumbs up for Chynna. We truly enjoyed it!

Overall experience: When you have heard and read all about Hilton WFJ being one of the top 5 hotels in Beijing, I guess you will always have higher expectations. But after having such a great service and stay at a different hotel (with lower rankings) I was only expecting better from Hilton but for me, that was not achieved. it could be that the rooms are at a stage where is is beginning to age vs the previous hotel that has just recently been refurbished. but still, comparing service with service, Hilton did not meet mine. I am slightly disappointed and hope this can be improved. But I am also giving it the benefit of the doubt as I was there over the Spring Festival - maybe they were understaffed? Or perhaps the staff were feeling rather unhappy having to work during the national holidays... but so were the staff at the other hotel yet I felt more at home there.

Room Tip: The plus rooms are bigger but breakfast is an exact replica every single day so if you have a keen s...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gla_MSL
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Dear Gla_MSL,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Beijing Wangfujing during your recent stay in Beijing and for having taken the time to share your experience on Tripadvisor.

I was sorry to read that on this occasion we did not live up to our reputation and your expectations. I will be reviewing staffing levels to ensure door coverage at all times. We have a comprehensive maintenance program but it seems the metal ledge on the luggage bench in your room has slipped through the cracks. Thank you for pointing out the age of our humidifiers. We will be replacing them with newer models. While some staple breakfast items will have to be present on a daily basis, it seems that due to the lower business levels during the Chinese New Year period we may have reduced the variety too much.
I apologize for these shortcomings and regret that this has negatively affected your experience.

Although we do offer room rates that include Internet access, with the increasing demand on bandwidth we face rising costs in providing a high quality Internet experience to our guests. At this time we are unable to factor these costs into all of the room rates we offer, but we continue to look at ways to include some free usage for limited bandwidth users.

I was delighted to learn you enjoyed our Chynna Restaurant and have shared your praise with the team there.

I do hope you will give us another chance when travelling to Beijing in the future. It will be my pleasure to personally handle your reservation.

Sincerely, Marc de Beer
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 February 2013

This is one of the best hotel I have ever been. The staff speak very good English and they are trying to make your stay memorable. The location is perfect. It is close to may famous attractions and near transportation. The room was the best I have seen in Asia.Better than Conrad Tokyo or Bangkok .I put my full review here

The food and breakfast were very good in executive lounge.The only draw back is that the location is a bit hidden and sometimes finding a taxi could take a couple of minutes.

One thing i want to add is they have amazing turndown dessert. It is huge and i never see this kind of presentation before in any hotels.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 11 February 2013

I get about for my work, and my wife and I like to travel. So I've stayed in some hotels. This is the best hotel I've stayed in. My only regret is that it was only for two nights!

We used one of their cars to pick us up from the airport, the arrival/check-in experience wasn't as slick as the Hilton in Shanghai, but it was all good. Three of us rocked up together, and we were all processed efficiently and simply.

The rooms were huge, in fact I think I'd say too big! it felt like the dressing room, where my bags were stored, were at the other end of the city!

I'm Hilton HHonors gold, so that means I get extra stuff, this case there were some cakes and Chinese sweets in my room, a really nice touch. You might say big deal, but as they are still in my mind, clearly it is a personal touch that works.

The bed was huge and comfy, I so wish I could have a Saturday morning 'sleep in' in one of them!

Rarely for me, we ate at the Chinese restaurant in the hotel one evening, it was very good food, a touch expensive, but great food. Check out the deep fried fish, I've even taken pictures and put them online.

As a tip, the other night, we ate in one of the restaurants on the ground floor of the shopping mall which is just out of the door and too the right. We chose the Szechuan restaurant, four of us (one from Shanghai all rated it).

Breakfast was good, lots of choice, and the servers were attentive without being overbearing.

My colleagues and I had a discussion over dinner about what we could find fault with.. And to be honest we had to think pretty hard to come up with anything, and these are all so trivial!

Two of us ordered coffee at the bar, and they took such a long time that we had to remind them! (big deal in the big picture!).

The light switches in the room seem to have been worked out with no logic on the positioning of the switch in conjunction to the actual light! (luxury problem?).

that was it..

I'd stay here again in a heart beat..!

Room Tip: Not a room choice tip, but in the room, either side of the TV are some 'hidden cupboards/closets...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Adriang68, I was thrilled to read your recommendation of our hotel, thank you so much. The deep fried Sweet and Sour Mandarin Fish is one of our more popular dishes in Chynna Restaurant. Glad you enjoyed it. The shopping mall you refer to is the APM Mall. BEsides many ethnic restaurants and the more familiar fast food options it also contains a lot of trendy stores, including the largest Apple store in Asia! We'll work on improving the coffee service in the Bar, and look forward to your return. Best regards, Marc de Beer.
Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
Reviewed 9 February 2013

This hotel is conveniently located in downtown Beijing. Although the hotel stands right in the centre of the main shopping street in Beijing, getting there was a bit confusing as it is not located in the same Wangfujing Street. The reason of our confusion for getting there is that the address is 8 Wangfujing East Street, in the Dongchen district, but the building is actually in a short street behind a shopping centre in the actual Wangfujing street. I highly recommend you to have good look at map before going as you can’t trust taxi drivers to take you to the hotel. However, when we finally got there, we realised that its location is a plus really, since you can avoid all the noise of the main street, while being right next to it.

And now the hotel: this Hilton is all you would expect from such a luxurious hotel company. In a word: excellence. The rooms start at 50 m2, like ours, which had a very convenient and wide place next to the door to leave the luggage and clothes. Then the bathroom was just perfect, with a rain shower and bathtub from which you can watch the big flat screen TV set on the wall before the bed. The bed is obviously very comfortable, wide and soft. There is also a nice sofa to lean on and a wide office desk, views to the city and even an iPod docking station.
The glass-enclosed rooftop pool is a very nice place to relax after an intense day exploring the city. It is not the only option, though: there is also a spa and a fitness centre. The hotel includes two different lavishly decorated and very stylish restaurants, one for modern Chinese cuisine and the other for world cuisine with and an all-day buffet. We just stayed there for breakfast, and it was all that we could ever have expected and more, as it even included local dishes. Two nice bars and the biggest wine selection in Beijing round up the fantastic gourmet experience of this Hilton. It has also rooms for meetings and events. Last but not least, the staff is really nice and helpful. If I had to say a “but”: although there is free Wi-Fi in the lobby, not so in the rooms.
If you want to experience the luxurious Beijing this is your place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Diariodeabordoblog
WangfujingGM, General Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Dear Diariodeabordoblog, I was delighted to read your very complimentary review. Thank you so much for sharing your expeirence here on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you back to Beijing. Best regards, Marc de Beer
Beijing, China
Reviewed 8 February 2013

Stayed here for 8 nights and only wish we could have stayed longer! The staff was incredibly helpful, going so far as to accompany us to a nearby shop to help us get ID photos we required. The staff at the Executive Lounge was particularly helpful and eager to answer any question we had. The rooms were large, clean, and well-appointed. Close proximity to great shopping and main Beijing tourist attractions, as well as reasonably close subway stops. Another reviewer mentioned limited taxi availability. We had no problem getting a taxi at various times of the day and on weekends, too. We were even there for the early part of Spring Festival and had no problem procuring a taxi. We didn't eat at any of the in-house restaurants and only looked at the pool and spa. I agree a steam room would have been nice, but it doesn't negate the excellent location, amenities and service of this hotel. All-in-all, I highly recommend this hotel for families, couples, business travelers and tourists alike.

Room Tip: Had a king-sized bed with west-facing room. Was very quiet and fun to watch the next door office wo...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sarah G,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Beijing Wangfujing for your recent visit to Beijing and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor. It was satisfying to learn how much you enjoyed the hotel. I thank you for your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit. Kind regards, Marc de Beer
LHR
Reviewed 5 February 2013

1st time visitor and not only impressed with the quality of the Hotel, service from the staff and general location - wait till you see the rooms!! Huge with quality furnishings and great attention to detail. So much space - with seperate dressing closet, seating and lounge area- really 1st class. Flames is a great spot to have a drink and relax and couldn't recommend it highly enough..only 15mins from Tianammen Sq, and the Wangfujing shopping area is very high end and safe. Taxis from the Hotel are good- we used the Limo pick-up which was very good there and back.- as has been noted..Taxi's back to the Hotel and in general on the street can be difficult and rare to stop so plan that ahead? The Traffic is a real challange and leave plenty of time if you have meetings in the City. If you get a chance the shopping at the Silk market is recommended - and the must do sites such as the Great Wall etc are all easily aranged at the Concierge and reasonable- exchange rate at he front desk is good value for $$$ rates..all in would highly recommend ..

Room Tip: High floor or pay for the upgrade to Exec level..you can get real VFM there...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear OverlandandseaLhr,

Thank you for your recent stay and for posting a review on Tripadvisor. I was thrilled to learn how impressed you were with our spacious rooms and Flames Bar. The team joins me in expressing our appreciation and we look forward to welcoming you back with us soon. Regards, Marc de Beer