“Exceptional touch and astonishing room !!”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #27 of 6,550 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 19 March 2014

As it was the 3rd time stayed with Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, I booked a smoking Deluxe room with a King bed and requested to have the same room as my previous stayed on the 10th floor facing the WALDORF ASTORIA but it was on the 16th floor instead because the hotel was full. Surprisingly, I was upgraded to a smoking Deluxe Plus room with a King bed on the 10th floor soon after they learnt that I was not happy to get the room according to my request.

The room was phenomenal big, clean, extremely comfortable, spacious, luxurious and well-equipped, moreover I could see the WALDORF ASTORIA from my room.

Excellent buffet breakfast as usual but this time I was delight with the new breakfast menu, Beijing specialties and live noodles, “Lanzhou La Mian” which were very fresh and tasty.

The staff were courteous and friendly with fairy English efficiency. They exuded a genuine warmth and smile besides, they remembered how I liked my drinks and were always cheerful and ready to help. I was amazed to be served a hot lemon water with honey after I finished my breakfast as one of the staff realized that I’d got a headache.

I greatly appreciated the help of the staff in fine-tuning these details...Outstanding service, thank you!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 March 2014

With the abondance of excellent 5 stars Hotels in Beijing ,and choosing which area to stay in this huge city,referring to TRIPADVISOR was a necessity . That was how we decided to choose Hilton Wangfujing among many others. We enjoyed everything you expect from your stay @ a hotel while travelling for leasure: excellent location,excellent food ,excellent room service,excellent reception/concierge,very cheerful staff ,excellent security for guests- i would mention once i went up to my room to get something i forgot and it coincided with the housekeeper working on our room and hence the door was open,with extreme politeness she asked me for my access card to check if this was really my room and then apologized for any inconvenience.This might be a policy in most good hotels ,but i liked to praise Hilton for that. If back to Beijing ,i shall not bother looking for any alternative.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mohlab
Reviewed 14 March 2014

When I made my reservations at the Hilton Wangfujing I was very pleased to see the positive reviews on Trip Advisor for the hotel. I reserved a suite for the first night of our honeymoon. We checked in fine and got to our hotel room. I guess because of being tired after 22 hours of travel to china I didn't realize at the time that the room I was given was not the suite that I had reserved. It was a regular room that was 20 sq meters smaller. After calling the front desk the next day the attendant made it seem like it wasn't a big deal and that they shouldn't even give me a refund for the difference. I think most people get a upgrade on their honeymoon not a downgrade. It was very dissappointing as a Hilton Diamond member.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sherman L L
BillFisherDirectorOP, Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Sherman L L,

I was very disapointed to learn about your experience in our hotel, and I recognize that we have made a significant error in allocating your room. Your assessment is correct, you were not given the suite that you reserved and as a Diamond HHonors member you were entitled to a further upgrade at no charge. Further to this, once you brought this to our attention we should have responded very differently and resolved this issue beyond your expectations. I apologize for this.

I have personally reviewed what went wrong in this instance, and made corrections so that such a mistake cannot happen again.

I have contacted you directly to resolve this issue. I hope that in spite of our mistake we may have the occaision to welcome you back to Beijing. I wish your forward travels on your honeymoon will be delightful.

Kind regards,
Bill Fisher, Director of Operations

Reviewed 14 March 2014

i thought i was upgrated to a very nice room, the mini bar was fantastic. the room is big and the bed is very comfortable. there is a shelves on the tub, i can easily put my cell phone on it when i took bath. lots of options at breakfast. i like this hotel

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Hilton Wangfujing, not to be confused with the airport or other Hilton at the first ring, is a beautiful hotel with outstanding service. The room we had, 8th floor, was a 'lifestyle suite' and was large, with an interesting layout. I wavered between rating this hotel 'very good' or 'excellent' but there are a couple of things that need to be addressed for 'excellent'.

First off, the good...the staff were very friendly and couldn't have been more helpful. Our room was huge, and at the entrance, the closet area was almost the size of a room on it's own! The separate shower room was nice and the stand alone bathtub, with built in the wall television, was a real novelty and quite whimsical with the addition of a rubber duck! Loved the fact that the bathroom had a set of scales and oversized toiletries. In the sitting area of the room, there was a nice comfy round sofa bed, which was a cozy place to read and having a balcony was also nice, although we never did find a way to open it! We appreciated the coffee and tea making equipment and supplies too.

Now for where I thought the hotel could improve....not enough electrical outlets, especially none near the bed. Not enough light in the room....it was v-e-r-y dark. We never did figure out how to control all the light switches and was there for three nights! Finally, the biggest drawback was the open nature of the bathroom, both to the front closet and to the bedroom. There were in-wall doors that could be pulled across but there was still a lack of privacy and disturbance if one was getting up in the night :-).

The lounge, on the 16th floor, was very nicely decorated and quite spacious. The drinks were abundant and a nice selection. The food, on the other hand, wasn't particularly outstanding and the breakfast was disappointing in the executive lounge ....lukewarm coffee, overcooked eggs and not a very big selection. Downstairs, it was even worse, limited selection and items, such as fruit, pastries not being replaced. I think that the breakfast really let down the hotel the most but that is an easy fix.

I would definitely stay here again because overall this is a very good hotel, bordering on excellent,with large rooms, great service and the location couldn't be better. A huge shopping centre next door, with two floors of restaurants and food courts, Food St and market stalls nearby, not to mention Tienamen Sq., The Forbidden City.

Room Tip: They all seem to be good!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Katchapuri
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This is a great hotel that is reasonably priced. The rooms are amazing and the staff are more than willing to help you with anything you need. The hotel is located right next to an international mall (great shopping!!) and also located about a 15 minute walk to Forbidden City. I would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Stayed at this hotel on two occasions. Both times were fantastic. Have to say the service in this hotel is much better than any hilton I have ever been to (I've had HHonors Gold since 2009), the staff simply cant do enough for you.

I would recommend the Beijing Duck offered in their chinese restaurant, very nice indeed.

One of the things I liked most about this hotel was the filtered air. The air in Beijing is so filthy that I felt sick walking outside for more than half hour, thankfully the smog wasn't anywhere to be smelt inside.

The hotel is very centrally located, walking distance from both the forbidden city and Tiananmen Sq, also Wangfujing Street. There is a market on one of the back streets; with scorpions on sticks and all. If you buy something from the street venders make sure you haggle. 40% of their first offer is a good place to END your haggling.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business