I don't often give hotels this much credit or these many compliments. The Hilton was fabulous, the staff was incredible, the room was stupendous, and the bath tub knocked my socks off!
Yes there were a couple of little glitches in the room (the speakers for the TV in the bath didn't work, a couple of lights were out, the wine I wanted wasn't in stock, but overall really great. Also, just a thought, but with that much of an OMG tub, you really should have the bath salts readily available (I stay at Hiltons often, so know about the bath salts, but these really should be standard with THAT tub!). As to the other small things, Perhaps just having the staff check these items while cleaning, would put an end to such small complaints. However this is one of the reasons I didn't give five stars even though I was so impressed over all.
I did see some of the other reviews complaining about a lack of views. Seriously, this is China, you are very rarely going to get any view other than the building next to you -- get use to that. :)
The concierge was everything you want and more. There was a bit of a communication error, and I left my ticket to the opera in my room. The concierge had someone bring me a new ticket. That's service!
The location was very convenient, close to the attractions, shopping, and great restaurants. I walked to the Palace Museum and Tienanmen Square, and had a great time meandering and shopping.
*The one thing I was NOT impressed with was the steakhouse -- to bill yourself as a "steakhouse", you need to know how to cook a steak. Isn't that like Steakhouse 101? I ordered medium and I got raw with a sear. I sent then sent my food back, and got my steak back blood rare, by then my truffle mashed potatoes were cold, and I wasn't thrilled. The waitstaff was very nice, but when I mentioned that it still was cooked correctly, it was shrugged off. During check out, I mentioned this to the staff, and was immediately comped the meal! Wow, I fell bad for mentioning this, but think this is something that really needs to be fixed forthwith.
Overall, GREAT hotel, and I highly recommend it. Service was fabulous, so was the room and location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing sets the standard for modern comfort. Located on famous Wangfujing Street, the hotel is within an easy walk to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square. This intimate, lifestyle hotel features 255 guestrooms and suites with highly sophisticated in-room entertainment. The Hilton Beijing Wangfujing specializes in pairing ideal meeting venues with impeccable service. Gourmet palates will relish the fine range of restaurants and lounges offering an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails in chic surroundings. Escape to the peaceful, rejuvenating solitude of the spa. Combining traditional Chinese hospitality with warm and personalized service and an intimate lifestyle ambience, Hilton Beijing Wangfujing is worth discovering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Expedia, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Beijing Wangfujing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing Hotel Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing Wangfujing
- Beijing Hilton