“Lovely hotel in a gr8 location”

Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Ranked #25 of 6,565 Hotels in Beijing
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The staff are very nice, the rooms here are huge and the location is excellent. When you come out of the main entrance, there is a supermarket to the left and the APM shopping mall to the right. There is a wide range of retail options in the neighbourhood, from high end designer brands to cheap touristy goods. Top tip = there is an entrance to the nearest subway in the Oriental Plaza (a shopping mall a few mins walk away) and you can buy a stored value travel card there. Shout out to Chynna, the excellent inhouse Chinese restaurant, where we ate 3 nights out of 4. Lovely decor, good value and good service. I would certainly stay here again, it was a delight to return here after a busy day sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I visited this hotel in October last year and what a slick, well managed hotel. Service was impeccable, food fantastic, great selection and an amazing bar to just chill out in after a long day of shopping. Rooms are really spacious and uber comfy! Close to a mall so shopping close by and in walking distance to many great restaurants, although everything is just a taxi ride away anyway. Great for a holiday or business travel in my view.

Room Tip: I think all have a view of the city, the higher up the better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed here recently and have to say this was the perfect place to stay in Bejing. It was in walking distance to the forbidden city, tienmen square and a great shopping area. There was nothing it lacked as far as I was concerned and had Mc Donalds and KFC close by if your kids want it. Also close by were a great old style Chinese street with the shops we all think of when we think of China.
Not to mention the hotel it was almost perfect and one could ask for nothing more in a hotel great staff amazing restaurant and a nice happy hour for elite members. Stay there and you won't regret it.

Room Tip: The suites were worth spend the extra bucks and don't look back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank VinceCisme
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Have been staying here regularly whenever I'm in Beijing for work. Everything falls into place seamlessly from start to finish. Staff are always helpful, rooms are very spacious and clean. Wifi constantly stable annd easy to access. Breakfast buffet is great with a wide variety. Location can't be faulted either, as one of Beijing's main shopping streets is just behind the hotel. Only downside could possibly be the difficulty in getting a taxi in the morning, but then again this is an issue across much of Beijing any way.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank SingaporeGenie
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed here for a few days in June/July for a business trip. The hotel was pretty nice but nothing remarkable. I was assigned a king bed room in the "old" tower. It was comfortable (once I figured out that the A/C switch was backwards and stopped sweating). The room was most importantly dark and quiet during my much needed rest, despite loud neighbors in the hall that were seemingly silenced once in their room. My bed was moderately comfortable, however was a bit tired (forgive the pun). I am a long time Starwood Platinum member and former Hilton Diamond member so I didn't enjoy the benefits that status would bring. However, two of my colleagues who are Diamond members enjoyed suite upgrades, free wifi and breakfast everyday. The staff at this hotel accommodated our requests from start to finish with a can do attitude the entire time.

Room Tip: Hilton Diamond members will have a much better experience than others.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I don't often give hotels this much credit or these many compliments. The Hilton was fabulous, the staff was incredible, the room was stupendous, and the bath tub knocked my socks off!

Yes there were a couple of little glitches in the room (the speakers for the TV in the bath didn't work, a couple of lights were out, the wine I wanted wasn't in stock, but overall really great. Also, just a thought, but with that much of an OMG tub, you really should have the bath salts readily available (I stay at Hiltons often, so know about the bath salts, but these really should be standard with THAT tub!). As to the other small things, Perhaps just having the staff check these items while cleaning, would put an end to such small complaints. However this is one of the reasons I didn't give five stars even though I was so impressed over all.

I did see some of the other reviews complaining about a lack of views. Seriously, this is China, you are very rarely going to get any view other than the building next to you -- get use to that. :)

The concierge was everything you want and more. There was a bit of a communication error, and I left my ticket to the opera in my room. The concierge had someone bring me a new ticket. That's service!

The location was very convenient, close to the attractions, shopping, and great restaurants. I walked to the Palace Museum and Tienanmen Square, and had a great time meandering and shopping.

*The one thing I was NOT impressed with was the steakhouse -- to bill yourself as a "steakhouse", you need to know how to cook a steak. Isn't that like Steakhouse 101? I ordered medium and I got raw with a sear. I sent then sent my food back, and got my steak back blood rare, by then my truffle mashed potatoes were cold, and I wasn't thrilled. The waitstaff was very nice, but when I mentioned that it still was cooked correctly, it was shrugged off. During check out, I mentioned this to the staff, and was immediately comped the meal! Wow, I fell bad for mentioning this, but think this is something that really needs to be fixed forthwith.

Overall, GREAT hotel, and I highly recommend it. Service was fabulous, so was the room and location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SoloWanderer71
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Unfortunately found my room dark and somewhat gloomy. Could not open the blinds, as there is a building right across, so obviously no view to speak of. Some construction noise in the evenings. Warned by the staff member following arrival: "your room is really hard to find".

Numerous things were not functioning properly in the room (which otherwise could have been quite comfortable!). With a very busy meeting schedule it was impossible to complain right away, so a few problems were not fixed during my whole stay. Once again, the staff reaction to my story was telling: "probably your room is too old..."

On the positive side, the location is convenient, rooms are of good size and overall clean (though the bathroom wall decor is somehow spoiling this impression). The restaurant and bar are OK. Hotel staff helpful and friendly, as well as apologetic about the situation and promising to make it up to me during the next stay. Unsure if and when this is going to be...

Overall, really hesitating whether to recommend this hotel or not...

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending at 25 - dark and unable to open curtains as there is a building right across.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business