“Great Location”

Ranked #24 of 6,473 Hotels in Beijing
San Francisco, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel staff and rooms were very nice.. Found the hotel dining and bar a tad expensive… but there are many options walking distance from the hotel.. for any budget… close to the Square and some legendary known duck dining experiences..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank tropicorneta
BillFisherDirectorOP, Manager at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Tropicorneta,
Kind greetings from Beijing. I would like to thank you for your review of our hotel; I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay.
You mention the restaurants nearby; in fact, I think it is important to let readers know that within a two block radius one can find everything from the legendary Beijing duck restaurants to Western-style fine dining to almost every imaginable international branded chain.
I hope we may have the honor of welcoming you back to Beijing in the future, and in the mean time I wish you safe travels.
With kind regards,
Bill Fisher, Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Geldrop, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Hilton Wanfujing is truly excellent hotel on a superb location in central Beijing, close to Tianmen square and the shopping district. I stated in a liffestyle suite which was huge, with everything you can imagine. Service was impeccable in the bars and concierge as well. Perfect breakfast buffet with a lot of items made to order.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Marcel_D3013,
Greetings from Beijing! Thank you very much for your review of Hilton Beijing Wangfujing. I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your room and our services at the hotel. Your comments are very motivating and we all appreciate the praise.
If your travels will bring you back to Beijing I hope we may have the honor of welcoming you back.
Kind regards,
Accra, Ghana
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Excellent property - immaculate rooms, good restaurants and nice cozy bars - in a fantastic location in Wangfujing. Only a short walk to Tienanmen square and the Forbidden City with Wangfujing shopping area only a stone's throw away.

Service was particularly brilliant - Front office, Housekeeping, Room Service and Concierge all worked like a treat.

While there, do visit the Flames bar. Frank the bartender makes excellent drinks and also is extremely knowledgeable about places to visit and things to do while in Beijing.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Dear VijayWanderer,
Warm greetings from Beijing! Thank you very kindly for sharing your experiences at Hilton Beijing Wangfujing; I am very grateful for your kind comments and delighted that you enjoyed your experience so much.
I hope you may have the opportunity to visit us again in the near future.
With best regards,
Seoul
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I stayed past weekend and my experience was quite pleasant :)
To go over the overall facilities, room was in exceptionally clean condition.
I could see House Keeping is very hard working to keep the room clean.
There were some bits and parts falling apart, but it was still okay.
I couldn't experience other facilities, so have nothing much to say.
Breakfast was the worst experience so far. I know it's hard to maintain the best breakfast condition for hotels on weekends with so many leisure guests, but it was quite.. unpleasant, as I'm not really a morning person. Food was in bad condition - doesn't mean it tasted bad, but temperature was not right, local guests messed up the presentation, etc.
Service was very sophisticated, as everyone was greeting us everytime, whatsoever time it was.
Most of all, it's in the Wangfujing area, so it's quite easy to get around if you're travelling.
I will definitely visit again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great location, we have just checked out of a lovely hotel. We stayed in a large room with lovely roll top bath and twin beds which myself, hubby and two small daughter slept very comfortably. There was a large shower and wonderful relaxing stand alone bath. The room looked brand new, very clean with a walk in dressing room for all our clothes. We had executive lounge access which allowed breakfast, soft drinks through out the day and two hours of cocktails in the evening. The staff were lovely and accommodating from the lounge staff to the lovely smiling cleaner. The hotel is located just 15 mins walk from taimen square and the forbidden city, 10 mins from the subway which takes you al over the city for 20p. We has the fizz tactic brunch with unlimited mumm champagne which is great value for money, though the childrens entertainment wasn't great. We took the airport transfer which was expensive at £80 but the hotel picked us up in a lovely comfy Buick , as the room wasn't ready ( we arrived at the hotel at 7 in the morning) they took us up to the exercise lounge for breakfast and drinks to use till we were ready which was a nice touch. We took a normal taxi for £10 to the airport... Would stay here again. Recommend this to families and business people a like.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had a great stay at the Hilton Wangfujing

The service which we received was excellent. The concierge were particularly helpful and went out of their way to find and give us information.

The room was very tastefully. The bathroom was beautiful and the beds really comfortable.

The position was great and it was fabulous to be so close to a shopping centre and Wangfujing Mall. A few minutes walk at the most. It's about 10 minutes walk to the Metro.

The breakfast was quite extensive with great fresh fruit and vegetable options.We also had a very good meal in the steak house restaurant at the hotel.

I can highly recommend this hotel and would happily stay here again if we should return to Beijing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aarjay
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here once a long time a go. Great city centre location, it's more of your modern boutique hotel with good quality maintenance so it age very well. Across the hotel the new Waldorf their sister hotel has opened and will check it out next time.

The hotel is located behind the Macau centre building, so you have to really know the way since the sign can be easy to miss.

Great arrival. Since I arrived midnight. There was a bellman on stand by. About 3 more staff at the lobby which is a good amount. On my review for Swissotel Shanghai they only operate with 2 staffs, some hotels expects guest to just run everything on their own I guess. The hotel was fully booked and I was upgraded to Premium Suite, didn't need a suite since I'm only couple days but can't say no to that. Checkin was fast about 3 min.

Suite was really huge with kitchen, dining room and living room. Separate guest bathroom and walking wardrobe. Really modern interior and can't find any complaints, the bed was comfortable. The only 2 thing was the wallpaper finish has started to peel off, but easy to fix and the rain shower if you run full water will leak out, so best to put some towels, but the shower door does get stuck with the towel. Other than that I wish the electric plug beside the bed is above or next to the bedside table rather than under it. But overall great stay.

Breakfast was great with many options and it's like dining in your own living room but with fancier interior, I love a restaurant with ample of lighting so you know you've came to a breakfast. Service was good and fast. Many Chinese breakfast items too that I love, including some local dish like the tomatoes with stir fried eggs.

Didn't have dinner, but did have drinks at the bar. The night I was there it was rather quiet. But perfect for me and my friend to chat.

Overall good hotel and would recommend it.

Note that internet is chargeable at USD 20. Lobby internet is free I think.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business