We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights between 17 and 20 July. For the first two nights we stayed in a room on the 6th floor, only to be kept awake by the noise from the nightclub on the 5th floor. We complained on the second night and were informed that the hotel was fully booked and they could not assist. On the morning of the 3rd day we were moved to a higher floor and from there things were better. I cannot understand how a top-class hotel can inconvenience guests by having the nightclub blaring until around 1AM – something I would not have expected from a world-class hotel.
Other than this issue, our stay was fine. The food was good, restaurant selection was fine. I do not appreciate the design of the rooms, i.e. where the toilet is not specifically private from the rest of the room (wonder why it was designed that way?), but Aletta did enjoy the bath being in the middle of the bathroom and visible from the rest of the room. The purple duck on arrival was a nice touch (we had two since we changed rooms).
The area around the hotel is a construction site – not really suited to a nice hotel like this, though we were not impacted by any construction noise. The concierge and the staff at the front desk and the taxi stand were very helpful in all respects – they speak good English, unlike the other places around China that we visited.
We found the pool to be quite cold – would prefer it to be warmer.
Do not be fooled by the taxi driver from the airport asking for USD 100 – it should cost you around RMB 100 (around USD 18) from the airport.
All in all not a bad trip to the Hilton Hotel in Wangfujing – just make sure you ask for a room on a high floor to avoid the nightclub. This is the only reason that I have given an overall rating of average, otherwise I would have gone one rating higher.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing sets the standard for modern comfort. Located on famous Wangfujing Street, the hotel is within an easy walk to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square. This intimate, lifestyle hotel features 255 guestrooms and suites with highly sophisticated in-room entertainment. The Hilton Beijing Wangfujing specializes in pairing ideal meeting venues with impeccable service. Gourmet palates will relish the fine range of restaurants and lounges offering an eclectic choice of contemporary cuisine and cocktails in chic surroundings. Escape to the peaceful, rejuvenating solitude of the spa. Combining traditional Chinese hospitality with warm and personalized service and an intimate lifestyle ambience, Hilton Beijing Wangfujing is worth discovering. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Beijing Wangfujing reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Beijing Wangfujing Hotel Beijing
- Hilton International Beijing Wangfujing
- Beijing Hilton