Hilton Beijing Wangfujing
Travelocity
US$564
US$360
2,589 results
All reviewsthe executive loungelifestyle suiteforbidden citywalk in closetwangfujing streetdiamond memberwalking distancehilton beijingconcierge deskexcellent hotelupgraded to a suitelounge accessnight food marketrain showershopping mallthe location is perfectpeking duck
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 May 2010

I had a chance to stay at "THE" Wangfujing Hilton and it was BEST among the 50 or more stays I had with the Hilton worldwide over 20 or more contries abroad. The opportunity I had with this hotel was (is) at a difficult time for me, and for the first time to be in Beijing. I was also in a midst of negotiation feeling difficulties, however the "TEAM" on the executive floor did everthing (remember my "habit") they can to give me comfort and improved even more during my stay. I am 150% positive you will be satisfied with the stay, not mentioning the "roomy " rooms and possibly the best location, in which I could believe the best for both Business and Leisure. I would JUST like the thank the leader (gentlemen supporting in my home language NEITHER in Chinese nor English) on the executive lounge, and the team which supporeted me during my "short" stay and am looking forward to my next which I have not yet planned.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2010

This is a good hotel but I feel slightly underwhelmed having read the reviews of the hotel - I just didnt think that the hotel/staff was as incredible as everyone else seems to think. To start with they did not have the room available which I had booked (smoking, exec lifestyle suite). So they gave us a free upgrade to a Deluxe suite but forgot to mention that it was non-smoking. Had to go back and complain and so they upgraded us again to a smoking Premier suite. The rooms are lovely - absolutely massive and very nice modern, funky decor. I preferred the layout of the deluxe suite but the premier suite was very good. Also did not think that much of the executive lounge. The 'champagne' offering was Freixenet (yuck) and the food items in the evening were not particularly exciting. Breakfast was very good however.
The concierge was great - helped us to book a trip to the Great Wall (we just got them to get us a driver for the day and he took us to the Mutianyu section of the wall which was simply amazing). They also got us tickets for the acrobatic show and gave us directions for walking to Tianamen Sq and the forbidden city (by the way, they say it takes 10 minutes but it doesn - we are fast walkers and it took more like 20 or 25 minutes - you need to factor in the heat and the number of people/tours as well). They also sent us to a great area on Saturday night - Hou Hai. Its a lake area which has lots of bars around it. Looked like it would be nice during the day as well as you can hire boats. The only problem was that it cost 20RMB in a taxi to get there at 8.30 in the evening but when we left at around 12.30am/1am there were no taxis in sight (it was a public holiday - May1st). We ended up taking a small tuk tuk style thing (2 passenger seats arranged over the back of a motorbike). They guy scammed us by saying it was 200RMB (which we decided was OK because we had no clue how to get back to the hotel and there were literally hundereds of people walking the streets trying to get a taxi and there simply was none). We got out and he said it was 300RMB so we gave him 300 and then he said it was 300 per person. We laughed and then quickly ran into the hotel praying that he didnt follow us. Yes we were stupid to pay 300 but we were also pretty tipsy and desperately wanted to get back to the hotel. There is no way we were giving him 600 though.
Hotel car to and from airport was good. Beijing airport is massive - allow a bit of extra time for getting there as you need to get a train from checkin to the actual terminal. If you can get into the Air China lounge (I have Priority Pass) then it is well worth it.
All in all, Beijing is probably one of my favourity cities that I have visited so far in Asia but if I return then I would probably choose somewhere different to stay as I was not blown away by the Hilton. I booked and paid for the hotel in the Hiltons January sale so the fact that we got a sale price and upgraded twice meant the room was excellent value for money. The bed is super comfortable. Also recommend the sunday brunch at the Westin hotel (Financial Street) - biggest food spread I have ever seen plus they have entertainment - great acrobatics.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I stayed in this hotel in March 2010. The service in this hotel was very good, executive lounge service was one of the best among all 5 start hotels I have stayed in China. Good location, close to shopping centers and travel attractions. I suggest to stay on the executive floors, with extra 50 dollars, you get free breakfast, free drink and snacks, WIFI, etc.
The weak points of the hotel are 1. The concierge, virtually don't exist, when you bump into the service, it is usually rude and unprofessional. 2. The gym is too small and simple. Places like Hyatt, kerry center center and JW Marriot have much better facilities.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 April 2010

In 30 years of travelling for both business and pleasure this is quite simply the the best hotel we have ever had the pleasure of enjoying.

For enjoyment it was!! From the initial reception at the door, to the actual reception area and then onto the room. What can I say-stunning comes to mind! We could actually be quite content living in this room (King Executive). The layout was comparable with very high-end housing and just as comfortable.

The concierge managed to get all the tours we requested and the wonderful ladies in the Executive Lounge were a pleasure to see each morning for breakfast and each evening for happy hour.

All in all we could not recommend the Hilton Hotel Wangfujing highly enough - do yourself a favour and stay here just once in your life.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 April 2010

We were in a suite and it was undoubtedly the best room we have had in our travels. Very modern, plush--we both said we could live there. The walls slid open and closed so you could have as much privacy from the bath as you wanted. Construction noise next door was not an issue but it is happening as it is everywhere in Beijing. Hotel is walking distance to the Forbidden City and one street behind the major shopping thoroughfare. Huge upscale mall, The best Chinese Arts Dept store one block down. Biggest bookstore we have seen--mostly Chinese, but lots of art books. Hilton breakfast best we've had. Beijing duck at their signature restaurant also best we've had. Rambo at the concierge desk is the best concierge we've had--funny, helpful, good advice. Considered him a friend by the time we left. I have used "the best" a lot but in this case it is well-deserved--not an exaggeration.

Caveat--we rented a private car and driver through the Hilton to take us to the cruise dock--2 hours away--great car, worst driver we have ever had, no English, couldn't find the cruise dock even with GPS. Insist on an English-speaking driver who is safe and knows where to go. Never a turn signal, fastest we have ever gone, used every lane to pass including the berm of the road.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple