“Home away from home..”

Ranked #73 of 6,463 Hotels in Beijing
London, United Kingdom
“Home away from home..”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This place was literally home for me while in Beijing - for over 18 months. What impresses me most is not the decor, or facilities - though that are all good. It's definitely the care for the residents that I feel from the staff (most of them, anyway). Being away on your own in Beijing, you can feel relaxed in this place, knowing that they will try their best to accommodate your requirements.

Kudos to some of them, which I see clearly displayed great mannerism that goes beyond professionalism. Peter (Asst Ops Mgr), Helen, Sheyla (I'm not sure if I get the name right, but definitely she's the lovely lady who look after the 10th floor), Ivan & Steven.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
FSBJ, Assistant Operations Manager at Fraser Suites CBD Beijing, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Ms.Oh,

Greeting from Fraser Suites CBD Beijing!

We are delighted to hear you had a comfortable stay.Thank you for your kind words and wonderful comment.It is truly a pleasure to read such compliments with regard to your recent stay. We will share with the entire team and hope travels bring you back to Beijing soon.

Thanks again and we hope you all the best in London.

Best Wishes,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed over 8months,
everyday I could find very comfortable services and well trained crews.
especially 2nd floor restaurant service wonderful.
I would like to thank sincerely to Sara and her colleague.
And perfect location,
there are so many famous shopping malls, department stores nearby hotel.
Including China world trade center, many office buildings lacates in 10 minutes distance.
If you want to find delicious dinings,
don't worry...
many types restaurants are gathered in CDB district.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Mr.Kim,

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travellers and for recommending our property to those who are looking for a nice service apartment to stay in Beijing.Not only Tripadvisor users but all our staff are thankful for your comments that will encourage us to keep up the good work day after day.

Appreciate for your comments and we will do the best to service you better in the days ahead.

Best Wishes,
Beckenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 weeks . The room is perfectly adequate, but no more. For some who stay for several months then I think the facilities are limited. Also no service at weekends so save those towels if you need a clean one. Very good shower, lovely and spacious and I'd say the bathroom is the best equipped aspect. Certainly the cooking facilities are very limited , almost not worth having. The whole space is no bigger than a normal hotel room.
There is a huge construction project next door, which is noisy right through the night.
The breakfast is ok, but at weekends don't bother as so crowded and all the hot food is either gone or cold.
There is a nice gym, and a good pool and spa area on the second floor. The staff in reception are helpful.
It's very well located for the CBD and there are some good restaurants nearby. As I say, it's ok for a short time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
FSBJ, Assistant Operations Manager at Fraser Suites CBD Beijing, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear ColinW05,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time out of your busy schedule to provide feedbacks to my attention.I was most concerned to read about the unpleasant noisy disruption you encountered during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies.

At Fraser Suites CBD, Beijing, we strive for the highest level of hospitality and service, strongly emphases on our facilities.Since we are service apartment,we provide 4 times room service weekly and we are always service for you if you have special conditions.We have 7 different type of rooms from Studio Deluxe to 2 Bedroom Premier.Our housekeeping has prepared some other cooking facilites and you could contact with us for if you want rental.Furthmore,we will share your comments with the Residents' Lounge and related department to improve our service and facilites.

I sincerely hope to the opportunity to serve you better and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance in your next visit.Thank you again and best regards,
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Suited at the centre of CBD Beijing, so pratical for shopping;
Comfortable inner environment, delicious morning buffet;
A well equipped gym;
High level service;
Rooms are clean;
Also the nice neighbours.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Leon S,

Greeting from Fraser Suites CBD Beijing!

Thanks again and Best wishes!
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived at this hotel Sunday 6 April, they have no air conditioning until 15 April! It's 28C in Beijing today, and probably hotter in the room. Last night they came to open the windows, so noisy I can't sleep, and polluted air is now what we have to put up with. Even with windows open, the building is extremely hot and there's no air flow to cool the room down. Tried having aircon fan on high, just blows out more hot air.

I can't believe they have not installed their own heating/cooling system!! Not acceptable at a property like this. I'm surprised the Fraser brand allows this.

For those who have never been, the government controls the heating and cooling centrally for most housing and public buildings in china - heating is turned off 15 march, and cooling apparently turned on 15 April. Most good hotels however, along with corporate buildings, have their own system installed so they can control the temp regardless. Not at fraser suites!!! They are on the public / government system!!

Do yourself a favour and stay at a proper hotel, especially if you value sleep. I can taste the pollution today, but we have no choice but to leave the windows open. And construction goes all night in china, be warned - no noise curfews here!! Very disappointed.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FitzroyGuys
FSBJ, Assistant Operations Manager at Fraser Suites CBD Beijing, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear FitzroyGuys,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share your feedback. I was most concerned to read about the temperature and unpleasant noisy disruption you encountered during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies.

At Fraser Suites CBD, Beijing, we strive for the highest level of hospitality and service, strongly emphases on our facilities. As outlined in the letter we had rolled out the cooling system from 14th April which is prior to the government stipulation. We are sorry to learn that this did not make a difference during your visit. As your comfort is our utmost priority, it is indeed regrettable that we have not been able to fulfil your expectations.

I sincerely hope to the opportunity to serve you better and please do not hesitate to let me know if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Best Regards,
New York, New York
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed here for just over 30 days and had a great experience. At any temporary stay the beds, the furnishings, the design etc. are easy to do well. But, finding great people to staff a location is the most crucial and the hardest. Frasers has done that extremely well. Thanks to everyone there for being so helpful, warm and great! Staying at Frasers definitely felt like staying at a home away from home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
FSBJ, Assistant Operations Manager at Fraser Suites CBD Beijing, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Jeffrey,

Warm greeting from Fraser Suites CBD Beijing.
Thank you very much to share your positive comments.We are delighted to hear you had a comfortable stay.It is truly a pleasure to read such compliments.We hope you are well in Beijing and wishes that your cause is ever more flourishing.
We will share your comments with the entire team and look forward to meet you again soon.

Cheers,
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I stayed in Fraser Suites for 2 months before relocating to the US and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. The staff were very friendly, helpful and I felt at home. My small dog stayed too, and they gave him plenty of attention also. My housekeeper was amazing and my room was kept super clean. The breakfast every day was delicious, a large buffet of hot & cold dishes that changed daily. You could not ask for a better location. The Place across the road for shopping; Silk Market a 5 min walk; the Village a 20 min walk. They offer a free shuttle for shopping hotspots - an added bonus in Beijing. This place is definitely worth a stay... Full marks for everything!!!

• Stayed January 2014
FSBJ, Assistant Operations Manager at Fraser Suites CBD Beijing, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear Ms.Momacfarlane,

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you will stay with us again in the near future and we wish you all the best.