Beijing Wohkoon Hostel-Nan Luo Gu Xiang Branch
New World Beijing Hotel(Beijing)
US$253
US$171
US$113
All reviewsquiet hutongtaxienglishdriversubway
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is where I had my parents stay. There was trauma finding it however when we finally arrived they were relieved by the quite. Make sure you have the address written in Chinese! The location was great and it was more of an authentic Chinese experience for my parents, despite my mothers culture shock she did come around to being happy to stay. Note, the rooms are quite basic and small and the food was your typical Chinese cooked western. Overall they enjoyed their stay however I wouldn't suggest this location to anyone nervous about being overwhelmed.

• Stayed: June 2013
Hutongren, Manager at Beijing Wohkoon Hostel-Nan Luo Gu Xiang Branch, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Hi,
Thanks for your review very much. We feel very happy that your parents can enjoy their stay in our hotel. And we will try our best to do better about our food and service. Hope to host you next time.

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Hutongren Courtyard Hotel is a peaceful and restorative place to stay with calming decor - earthy colours, beautiful wooden furniture, candles, plants. Refreshing fragrant tea and cakes brought to the room on arrival. Comfortable bed and silky bed linen. Good range of drinks available including various teas and beers. The staff are thoughtful, responsive and helpful. The roof terrace is a lovely quiet spot to sit and relax. Good WiFi.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Hi,
Thanks for your review and support very much. We feel very happy that you like our design, decorations, tea and service. Really hope you had a good trip in Beijing and look forward to hosting you next time.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

I stayed in Hutongren hotel with a friend for 3 days in May. We were extremely satisfied with our stay, the room is essential but clean and fonctional, very comfortable bed. The location is perfect, lots of bars, restaurants and shops around, and easy to reach any destination in the city.

The service was nice and helpful, the place is quiet and if your intense program of visiting allows you, enjoying a tea in the courtyard is very pleasant!

I can't rate the breakfast because we didn't have it at the hotel, we never had time... will try next time!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Hi,
Thanks for your stay and support of our hotel. We feel very happy with your compliment of our location,service and tea. Hope to see you next time and make you our delicious breakfast.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I had a 6-day trip in Beijing and I stayed in this hotel. Have to say that I really love their bed pad with silk bedclothes. It's really comfortable. The staff told me the bed pad was the same with Westin. And their wooden furniture and natural design also made me relaxed. I really had a great stay there. P.s. The staff are all very helpful and friendly. Thanks very much.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo

Hi,
Thanks for your review and we feel happy and honor to host you in Beijing. Thanks for your compliment of our bed pad and bedclothes. Hope that you really had a good time in our hotel and see you next time.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Got a couple days of personal time at the end of my business trip. After staying at the Chaoyang Westin for the first 5 days, I decided to switch over to this place for a change of pace and for my exploration of the city. Felt pretty smart afterwards. :)
The place has a nice design touch and all the modern cosiness (a must to me), imbedded within the traditional hu-tong context. The contrast shocked me pleasantly when I first got there, after zigzagging thru the busy old alleys.I hardly spent much time indoors except when sleeping, but felt it was nicely run.
I also liked the location as it is very close to the Houhai neighbohood. But certainly, my favorite of all, it's roof patio. Try this if you get up there, sink into the patio chair under the tree, look over the hu-tong neighborhood roofs towards the city lights, take the breeze all in, and of course, top it with a cold beer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Hi,
Thanks for your long and careful review and the compliment very much. We feel happy and honor that you like the patio, location and the whole design. Really hope to host you next time in Beijing.