Novotel Beijing Sanyuan
US$267
US$165
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsairport expresssubway stationshopping mallbusiness tripwifi speedreception staff areeasy accessdepartment storeexcellent locationhotel is locatedbuffet breakfast iswestern foodsanyuanqiaotaxigymsupermarketkfc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

We had booked and stayed one night at a hotel within Beijing that is best described as housing commission. Thank God we were about to find a room at the Novotel at such short notice.
When the staff had heard what had happened they up graded us and bent over backwards to make sure our stay was amazing. They didn't want us to hate Beijing because of one incident.
We got the best advise regarding sightseeing, tours and restaurants.
It was located slightly outside the city but the hotel is pretty much ontop of a train station. The subway is easier to travel the city on than taxi or foot.
Would highly recommend for all travelers not just for business.

• Stayed: October 2013
Anthony M, General Manager at Novotel Beijing Sanyuan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Novotel Beijing Sanyuan, and we are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. If you have any suggestions on how to make your experience even better, feel free to contact us at h6280-sl4@accor.com.
Sincerely yours

Reviewed 27 October 2013

I stayed for 6 nights at the hotel.
Water flow in shower was poor.
Water on the sink did not go down the drain
Internet was too slow
Breakfast was average and sometimes I had to wait for bred
I had to wait for taxi to the airport for more than 25 minutes
Location is excellent

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying at Novotel Beijing Sanyuan, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. We are working on fixing the water supply system in the rooms and the internet speed issue. Regarding the waiting time to get a taxi, we recommend you during your next stay to liaise with our concierge staff to help you getting a taxi.
Once more thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your stay in our hotel.
Should you have any further suggestions or comments, feel free to share them with us at h6280-sl4@accor.com

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I had stayed in the hotel for a trade fair / expo held at the China International Exhibition Center. While it was not the most comfortable hotel I've stayed in, it definitely has all the creature comforts needed to allow you to kick your shoes off and relax at the end of the day.

As with most hotel, no one hotel does everything right. While overall I was quite happy with the hotel, there were a few points which annoyed me during the stay. I'll start with the annoyances, before I move on to the points which made me happy with my stay.

1. Lack of WiFi in the rooms
Seriously? In this era and age, and in China where everything is so connected? A Novotel hotel lacking WiFi made me raise my eye brows. However, there is free wired internet in the room, and WiFi in the lobby areas.

2. Lack of a structured system at the front desk
When I was checking in and out, I couldn't figure out which was the check-in counter, where was the cashier and so on. There's no signage and staff just seem to be handling customers as they came along. In a place like Beijing, China where queuing up and awaiting your turn is the exception rather than the norm, this really set me off.

After waiting for quite a while, I just gave up and cut into the next open counter, ignoring whether there was anyone next in line or not. After waiting so long and seeing people coming later than me, but being served before me just really annoyed me to no end.

3. Location, Location, Location... or the lack of...
The hotel is located in a superb location. Within a 10 minute walk you have Galleria (for food and shopping), behind Novotel there's also upscale and mid-mass shops for food and shopping. Local restaurants are also a stone's throw away. There's the subway LITERALLY at your door step. It's supposedly also relatively accessible to Tian An Men Square (I didn't have time to go sightseeing).

Despite that, within the area of Novotel, the hotel isn't easy to find if you're going there by cab. There's no signage on the roads leading to the hotel, and the drive way entrance is not even prominent.

Raining? God-bless-you! The road outside Novotel will be so packed, it's IMPOSSIBLE to hail a taxi, and then there's the easily 2 hour jam along main road. Coupled with the fact that staff aren't helpful in hailing a taxi during raining days, this can be a really frustrating experience if you need to be somewhere.

4. Rooms

While the rooms are well furnished and functional, the devil is in the details. On closer inspection, the furnishings will feel used and it'll make you question when it was last refurbished. Overall while the room is clean and neat, if you look at corners of the room and bathroom it's evident that the cleaning wasn't as thorough as it should be.

That said, I think the staff should still be commended, I found the air-quality in Beijing to be so bad, that the moment you step out, you'd end up stinked up. Despite that, the staff really thoroughly clean the room that while it might smell outside the room, the stink does not pervade into the room.

That said, the hotel is still great. Overall, I still felt that my stay was a pleasant one for the following reasons

1. Friendly and helpful staff
In most cases, staff were very friendly and helpful.

2. Still very comfortable rooms
While the furniture (bed included) felt a little aged, they weren't dirty, and did not feel old. Overall the room was still very comfortable.

3. Easy access
As mentioned before, the hotel is fairly well situated. If you need food but don't want to call room service, Galleria is just down the road with a supermarket, shopping and a reasonable selection of restaurants and food. For a business trip, this was good enough in my opinion.

4. Yummy Breakfast
I found the breakfast spread to have a wide selection of food which was tasty.

Overall

Sure, I'm not convinced that this is a hotel you'd want to stay in for a holiday. However if you're on business nearby, this hotel has the creature comforts that tends to be lacking in many other business hotels.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Anthony M, General Manager at Novotel Beijing Sanyuan, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valuable comments and recommendations regarding some areas you identified for improvement.
1.For the WIFI network, we do apologize for the current situation which is indeed inconvenient with nowadays so many mobile devices. Actually, we do provide WIFI routers at the Reception desk on complimentary basis, but we will reinforce our front desk team communication for future. On another hand, Hotel Management already decided to equip the building with full WIFI coverage early 2014.

2. Lack of structure system at Front Desk.
We take note of your comments and will communicate with related Department to improve guest check-in/check-out experience.

3. Regarding the staff not helpful to hail taxi or the cleanliness of the rooms, we will have for sure to reinforce our trainings on those areas.

Feel free to share more about your stay with us, and should you plan to come back to Beijing you are welcome to contact us at h6280-sl4@accor.com .

Best regards

Reviewed 4 October 2013

This hotel is right next to the first stop on the airport express train (Sanyuanqaio) - 15-20 mins trip. 25 yuan (US$4) and you're at their doorstep, so don't have to worry about whether and when a shuttle bus is going to show up, or how to deal with non-English speaking cab drivers . It's also on Metro Line 10 so very easy to get to anywhere in the city. Good prices and expected Novotel ambience, though finish quality probably a bit less than Western Novotels. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Anthony M, General Manager at Novotel Beijing Sanyuan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your kindly recommendation, we are glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay at Novotel Beijing Sanyuan Hotel.
If you have any inquiry or need any assistance in future, do not hesitate to contact us through h6280-sl4@accor.com. Best regards.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

This Novotel charges around one time higher than iBis which can't be justified for me. Novotel lobby is more fancy, but is not with good quality material.

Novotel is closer to the Airport Express station entrance than iBis, but again not by a lot.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Anthony M, General Manager at Novotel Beijing Sanyuan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking time to leave your comment. We are sorry that our service did not reach your expectation.
Could you please provide us more details about your dissatisfaction via email h6280-sl4@accor.com? Please be assured that our initiative is to deliver our optimum service and hope to welcome you next time in an exceptional way.