Zhong'ao Kaifu International Hotel
          Great 4.5/5
            Average 3/5
              Ningbo Hotel(Beijing)
                • Restaurant
                See what travellers are saying:
                FilterAll languages
                Reviewed 10 October 2013

Everyone went out of their way to help. Always cleaning.

Solid buffet for breakfast and evening meals.

Not in a high tourist area so hotel was quiet for sleeping and I am a light sleeper. Restaurants in area were good but after 10 days I had seen most of the better ones.

Room Tip: I was on the 19th floor. Nice and roomy
                • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
                Reviewed 3 October 2013

I stayed here and found it to be a nice experience. The room was big and comfortable and the showers were really nice. The location was convenient, within walking distance of a metro station and plenty of quick food nearby. The staff were very kind and helpful.

The only problems I had were that the bed smelled a little funny and a couple times when I came back during the day there would be hotel staff (not cleaners) in my room and they'd quickly exit as soon as I came in, and I wasn't sure what they were doing. It didn't bother me much but I can see how some people with valuables in the room wouldn't want so much people-traffic in their room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
                Reviewed 6 September 2013

I had a chance of staying at Comfort Suites with my family during May 2013 for 6 nights and i must say that i found it really comfortable. The environment was cosy with ample space for living and furniture set up nicely. The location was also good within 1.5 km distance from Bird s Nest. I must suggest to get a room as top as possible to avoid a little traffic noise. Just at the foot of the hotel there is a large super store available for all sorts of groceries. The hotel dining area is also very attractive.

Room Tip: Try getting as top floor as possible.
                • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
                1  Thank M I
                Reviewed 14 March 2013

This hotel was exactly what we were looking for, roomy, good breakfast, safety, clean, and affordable.
                If you're looking for the greatest of amenities, this is not the hotel for you.
                We were pleased, however. We have been in China 3 times, in 4 different cities, stayed in 8 different hotels.
                This hotel was the cheapest of any where we have stayed. It was all we needed, a suite so we didn't have to book 2 rooms with our family, which was required at nearly every other hotel and a price we could easily afford.
                The breakfast was good, not extravagant, but we weren't looking for extravagant.
                I booked our tours etc before we left home, so we didn't need the hotel to recommend anything.
                When we return to China, I will definitely stay here again.
                There is a grocery store next door, so we could buy snacks and store them in the refrigerator.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
                1  Thank Robbie M
                Reviewed 17 October 2012

Hotel is fairly clean and breakfast is good. However the downside was asking the hotel to recommend a tour to the Great Wall (without shopping). On the way back the tour guide "Sally" said we were all visiting a TCM center to get a free foot massage. This had not been disclosed to us at the beginning of the tour nor when we booked it via the hotel. Once at the TCM center various TCM experts checked our pulses and then offered TCM pills which were grossly overpriced. I bought something I thought was 240 Y and now have a charge 10 times that amount on my CC bill. I called the CC company once I got back to my hotel and they will investigate. I have also emailed Choice Hotels to make a complaint since it was there staff who recommended and organized the tour. Its also very difficult to communicate with the front staff desk as few speak or comprehend English. I'm giving the overall experience with the visit to the hotel a poor rating because of this.

Room Tip: Make sure your room has everything you booked. We booked a suite for4 which was supposed to include a sofabed. When we arrived there was just a sofa not a sofabed and we had problems trying to explain this. Eventually we moved to the appropriate room a day later.
                • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business