“Great location, great low price”

Jingtailong International Hotel
Ranked #134 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Calgary, Canada
“Great location, great low price”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights during first week of July 2014. We found the location to be ideal for visiting The Forbidden City, Temple of Heaven and numerous other historical sites in Central Beijing. The staff are very polite, effective and always finding one who can speak English. (Keep it up Guys, you are doing great..!) They arranged a deluxe cab for our travel to the Airport for 230 RMB which I believe is very reasonable in city where there is a conman at every corner. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for easy access to major sites in Beijing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Used frequent flier miles to book two standard rooms for two nights for my family of 6. They didn't have the rooms I booked (Tiananim View) so they upgraded one to a suite which was OK. The rooms were bigger than I expected, and easily accomodated the six of us. The standard had a single large bed that was three twins pushed up against eachother. They offered an additional cot, but my youngest is 12 and slept in there fine with his two older sisters with more than enough room. For the suite, there was a queen and a separate room with a twin.

Overall I was fine with rooms for the price - But expect some things not to be perfect in this price range. The shower was a bit of a mess and the windows were pretty close to the next building over. If you are going to be changing, would recommend keeping everything shuttered up. Also, the in room internet was only via cable, which would have been fine if it worked. After several unsucessful efforts, it was more simple just to go down into the lobby and use the W-Fi. BTW, they guard the password like it is a state secret, only someone from the staff could enter it in. It was slow, but for two days, bearable.

Breakfast was again - OK. Lots of selections, but overall quality was average at best. You had some dry cereal and yogurt, fruits, and some asian dishes - won tons, dumplins, etc...There was some confusion our first morning and we ended up paying for one of my kids (about $8) as they said we did not have all three covered for breakfast. By the next morning we figured out that your room key sleeve was stamped that indicated breakfast was included. If you didn't bring down all six, you had to pay for the ones you didn't bring.

Check out was a real pain - Took about 30 minutes while they checked our rooms. Housekeeping brought down a sheet off of one of the beds that had a little pink hue in one small area. My 12 year old is a sweater when he sleeps, and wore a brand new pair of red pajama botttoms. Anyway, they told me I needed to pay around $50 to clean the sheet. I argued a bit, and said it just needs to be washed as normal...Finally asked to speak to a manager. He told me OK, just pay $35. Well really, what was I going to do...I paid my $35.

Just as we were leaving, my wife reminded me to ask about our deposit ($85ish). Good thing as they had already charged it to my CC and needed to refund the charge. Overall, the price was good, location great, and adequate for our needs. Great service and food it was not...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dianna_1970
Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

I spent five nights in this hotel, for the first two nights they put us in a room opposite of conference room where some had a meeting starting at 6-7 AM very noisy supported with a very good mic! They changed the room after 2 early mornings of disturbance, rooms are almost big and enough space for two, they are not the cleanest rooms in the world and it was not deeply neat, overall looks clean but you can find dust in the corners , bathroom and shower were clean and big enough.hotel breakfast costs 80 Yuan. Hotel staff were supportive and very busy. Hotel location is very good and by 10 min walk you can reach Tiananmen subway, around hotel you can find great markets to buy all you need. In general I do recommend hotel for all they want to spend some days in Beijing with reasonable price.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Jaymzad
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Hi, I have just stayed at this hotel (known as the Jing Tai Long International Hotel) as part of the the Great Wall Marathon tour. I am going to tell you all the things I wanted to know before leaving but could not find answers to on tripadvisor.

First of all as you probably already know there is wired in internet access in the rooms. This is difficult with an iphone or ipad so I had to use the WiFi in the lobby area of the hotel. Most of the time this worked quite well.

There is no coffee in the room, only tea, so if you are a coffee drinker I suggest you take your own coffee. Some members of our group took their own coffee plunger and they even took this with them to breakfast. There is also no milk in the rooms so I took long life milk with me from Australia (there is a seven eleven next door to the hotel which sold long life milk).

To get to Tiananmen square, or the subway is easy, once outside the hotel turn right. Only about 50 or so meters down the road you will turn right again into a wide pedestrian street (Qianmen Street) with large red lanterns hanging up over the entrance. It is a great street to walk down. At the end of this street on the left side you will find a Starbucks. Just beyond Starbucks, still on the left, there is a tourist information sign (i), here they will give you an English map of Beijing and help you, although even here English is limited as it is everywhere. Just beyond this information kiosk is a large archway. If you walk through this you will find yourself at Qianmen subway station (Tiananmen square is a little further on) . Don't be scared to use the subway, it is very easy and any trip you make costs Yuan2 so its very cheap. (some in my group went all the way to the summer palace by subway for Yuan2!!). Basically just go up to the ticket office and hand them Yuan2 no words need to be spoken. You will be given a ticket. Upon entry you just scan with this ticket (oh and you will also have to put your bags through an ex ray machine). When you finally exit the subway you will have to put your ticket into a slot and it will be retained. Word of warning, the subway seemed to close at around 10pm.

Anyway to get to places like Wangfujing or the Silk market its easy. You simply take the subway to Jianguomen (three stops) and change onto the red line 1 check for the correct direction. From there you go east to Yonganli for the silk market or west to Wangfujing. I found it enormously helpful to have the names of the places I was trying to find written on a piece of paper in Chinese (or in my case on my ipad), like Silk Market, or Wangfujing snack market. I would just show someone this name to get help with which exit to take etc, as the roads are enormous and you could exit on the wrong side, and once you are above ground you may need it to find the destination as well as its not obvious. I also got reassurance in the subway by gesturing on my map as to where I wanted to go. It sometimes took a little time as the stations on my map were written in English. (inside the subway everything is written in English and Chinese).

Back to the hotel. Upon arrival you are asked for a Yuan200 cash or credit card deposit. Don't loose the receipt as the check out (and check in) process it tedious even if you do have all correct documentation! I would suggest you check out with half an hour to spare as it takes for ever! They won't release your deposit until housekeeping has checked your room and even after that it took ages to find the match to my receipt. I felt sorry for the staff as they are clearly badly trained and there does not seem to be a good system in process. Also they can speak very very little English.

Breakfast was acceptable with a selection of Chinese and western food. The beds are very hard but I actually found them very comfortable and slept well.

If I went back to Beijing I would probably chose a different hotel unless I was on a budget.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
16 Thank karensusanperry
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This hotel is pretty close to TiananMen square and QianMen district. The room we stayed was clean and neat as well as the bathroom. The front desk staffs were overall seems all right because we only had interact with them the time we checked in and checked out. AC/Heat seems not working because I was trying to lower it but it just remained. Internet was only offered with wires, I thought they offered wifi but this was my mistake of not paying attention when I booked it. Anyway, nothing really special but overall, it is an ok place to stay for one or two nights to explore the area nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank xinggi
Manchester
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

This location is within a 20min walk of Tianamen square. It is also only a ten minute walk from a commercial street which has a range of shops. Lots of hutongs just nearby so a really great location for wandering and shopping.
Spacious room, suspect it was a junior suite because it had a seating area. Really comfortable bed. However, not particularly clean. The room clearly wasn't hoovered on a regular basis and a pile of sawdust remained throughout the five nights of my stay. The room backed onto a narrow courtyard which meant it was really dull.
Bar prices similar to the UK, which is a massive mark up on local prices. Breakfast was okay but get there early. It was exceptionally busy and basic things, like coffee, run out and don't seem to be replenished.
I would stay here again but I would probably look elsewhere first.

• Stayed October 2012
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 26 October 2012

I stayed here on a 3 day stay of Beijing with my daughter. Although the positioning of this hotel could not be better, literally 10 minutes away from Tianmen square the actual hotel was a joke.
I travel to China regularly during the year, for the last 10 years and for the price paid I reckon is one of the worse hotels I stayed in for a long time.
The rooms were basic, but extremely dirty. The housekeeping didn't make the beds, the covers were actually pulled up and that was it for the day. No dusting of the room happened since Mao's days I think ... I put one of my white shirts on a counter and I had to get it washed as it turned brown.
Internet did not work, we called room service and put an order in for some cool drinks twice and no one appeared.
Overall I would give it a one star TripAdvisor rating, if it was not for the positioning.

Room Tip: Good luck!