“Barely Average”

Ranked #1,752 of 6,492 Hotels in Beijing
Camdenton, Missouri
“Barely Average”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

This hotel has two things going for it. Close to Airport and Close to exhibition center.

My reservation was lost in the system upon arrival, and it took over 30 minutes to get checked in. I had a confirmation email printed out but that didn't seem to help (booked directly on Best Western sight, not Agoda. The staff is comparable to most 2 star Chinese hotels and not on par for an international hotel. I actually have received better service at IBIS and Holiday Inn Express's in China which are considered budget international hotels. For the price it was a bit disappointing.

The rooms were decent and clean.

I travel about 200 nights per year in China.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Ellon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2013 via mobile

It was snowing and freezing weather but this hotel had no heating on! I had to sleep fully clothed in order to keep warm.
At breakfast, the plates the cups and even the food was cold.
I Will never stay here ever again

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank brymills
chaska
Reviewed 15 March 2013

I travel a lot and expect a certain standard of hotel so use American chains
The bed was comfortable and the bathroom OK but the room was dirty, the cupboards were dusty the worktops were dusty and the vacuum cleaner did not pick up dirt and hair. The carpet was filthy. I asked them to vacuum and they did, it did pick up the surface stuff but the carpet was engrained with dirt and black hairs . The carpet needs to be replaced with a decent vacuum cleaner whioch is used very day !

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Marietta, GA
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We had a 6:40 am flight back to the US from Beijing so we transferred from our downtown hotel to this airport property the night before we were leaving so as to be very close to the airport. The location is in an industrial area next to the airport (there are many other airport hotels in the area). It is very modern and clean. The staff was delightful, and wanted to make sure that we not only had the 3:15 wake-up call, but also made sure that we had a 4 am shuttle bus ride to our terminal (complimentary).

The room was very clean and modern, with plenty of outlets for charging items, and wired internet was available. The only drawback we saw, was that the room lights were not very bright, and there were not any traditional bedside lamps for reading. We loved the shower/bath combo room.

The hotel has two placed to eat, one a very high end Beijing Duck place which we did not eat in, the other was a normal hotel place. If you are craving western food, then this will not disappoint. My wife order the Toasted Cheese bread ( a grilled cheese sandwich), which came with a very nice house salad. I had the Garden salad. Both were very good.

We received our wake up call on time and they had a bellmen help us get into the shuttle. The ride to the airport is about 5 minutes.

Again, we made the hotel switch because we were not confident we would get to the airport on time from downtown at the early morning hour we needed. We are very happy that we did this, since Beijing had one of its worst smog days, and the roads were hard to use due to not being able to see very far ahead.

The price was very good well under what we paid in town,

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking floor and room
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank EastCobbFamily
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I have read some of the negative reviews here.

Personally I didnt see any issue with this hostel. It is exactly what it is meant to be - a simple and quiet transit hotel. I checked in at 5 pm and stayed till next morning 430 am to catch a 6 am flight.
The room was average size but quiet with a good bed and a pretty decent shower area. For 12 hours what more can you ask for. The staff at the reception was more than helpful. They arranged the free shuttle for me at 4 in the morning and also helped me book a taxi for a dinner reservation in the city that I had made them make for me. Their english wasnt the best but managable. I am not one of those people who goes into someone else's country and expects them to speak my language with a great degree of proficiency.

Anyway - for a 12 hour stay I paid 350 yaun which I thought was a great deal. 10 mins to the airport. Good shower - good bed. Quiet sleep. Couldnt ask for more.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank suhritk
Walcourt, Belgium
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Accomodation is quite convenient ... but talking in English with the personnel is a bit tough ! The taxi expected to be at the airport never showed up ... I was told it was some error in their records and that I would be reimbursed of the taxi I had to pay to join the hotel. But afterwards the reimbursement was refused, because the fare I paid was too high, indicating it was not an "official" taxi ... That vehicle was in the due taxi slot at the airport, and the driver gave a ticket according to my payment ... On the first time you go to China, how can you know there are quite a lot of "unofficial" taxis !? A complaint is running ...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window !
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

Just what you expect from a best western. staff speak simple English. rooms very clean for china standards. not far from the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business