“Great stay”

Ranked #9 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Beijing, China
“Great stay”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have to say thank you to club lounge team,so kind of them.The host Jane is very hardworking and always willing to go extra miles to assistant me,and her colleagues all kind and easygoing,susan can give me the exact what I need.My overall stay is very comfortable.Recommend this hotel .

Room Tip: The room and club lounge
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Chanel J, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience of stay in the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel. And glad you had a comfortable stay with us and great to know that you enjoyed our Club Lounge service. Also we really appreciate that you give us such a high recommendation and rating. We are looking forward to hearing your next story of your stay.

Chanel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My overall stay and patronage of this hotel has been exceptionally good. I congratulate all the personnel from the bell-boys, the house keepers, the gym, the club lounge to those whom I have encountered and experience their excellent courtesy and service. I want to congratulate one very outstanding staff at the Club lounge level 24, Club Lounge Team Ms Jane, for her exemplary service, courtesy and patience in handling her job with great zeal and professionalism. She has gone the extra miles in every occasion when I needed her assistance. Indeed, she is an asset and a superb "internal marketing agent" for Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel. I have visited Beijing 5 times now and never stayed elsewhere. I will surely cherish and recommend the service experience I had in this hotel to everyone - made my stay here like a home.. Thank you
Room 1822 - A. Norman

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear valued customer,
Thanks you for being our loyal guest for the last two years and glad to know that you are satisfied with our service and facilities. Your compliments of Jane and her club lounge team have been shared with the hotel management team already.

We look forward to meeting you for your next arrival,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great location for business! A taxi to the main areas (Tianenmen Square, Wangfujing Street, etc) were about 15 mins in a taxi but only about $AU5, so incredibly cheap to get around. The hotel was superb, luxurious and all you'd expect from a 5 star. Staff were extremely helpful and courteous, even those that spoke very little English! The buffet breakfast was amazing, I think I gained a kilo each morning! Conference facilities were also very professional. Concierge were able to help us with some sightseeing ideas and general tips on getting around, and the wait staff downstairs at Fratelli Fresh were great too!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Chanel J, Public Relations Manager at Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear valued guest,
Thanks for taking your time to share your experience of staying in the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel. It is great you know that you were satisfied with our breakfast, conference facilities, navigator service and Fratellifresh Italian restaurant. Your comments had been shared with the hotel management team and we look forward to meeting you again next time.

Have a fabulous weekend,
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I am a long time, very loyal, Gold member of Marriott. I depend on Marriott to be reliable, relatively standardized and a place where everything works or if it doesn't, is remedied promptly though repair or change of rooms. This Renaissance failed on all counts -- only after raising my voice did I get a room that was "relatively" cool (that is, it was cooled down to the stop-governor level of 22c. which us above what I require to sleep well).

I arrived at this Beijing hotel at 2am. Lobby is on 4th floor but apparently there us no ground level staff associated with the hotel (at least none that speak ANY English). The 4th floor lobby level does not seem to have central a/c, it is a 2 story atrium and smells strongly of cigarette smoke. Upon checking in (I had messed up as In put my arrival date in as my check in date but it really should have been the day before since. I was arriving just after midnight), I explained a/c was really important. The front desk clerk, who was very professional, kind and sympathetic said there would be no problem.

Got yo the room and after 30 minutes in the room (now 2:30am), with thermostat set to 19c., it still feels like and reads 24 c. Call fir engineer . Great guy, investigates but after 20 minutes says through interpreter, it can not be fixed only at that point am I told ALL the rooms are governed so that a/c will not cool below 22 c. Front office staff (which in the end is very helpful and sympathetic) moves me go a suite where the a/c works better but still had the 22 c. limit.

I ultimately check out next morning as I can not sleep with such warm conditions.

I was assign

Dear valued customer,
Sorry for the unhappy experience and the inconvenience while your stay. About the A/C problem, we have shared your comments with engineering department and will definitely follow up on it. We look forward to meeting you next time.

Have a fabulous weekend,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Great big tub in a luxorious nice sized decorated bathroom. Separate glassed in shower with rainfall shower head. Nice bath amenities. Lovely, comfortable room, lots of closet space. Very helpful staff.

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for sharing your experience of stay in the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel. And glad you had a comfortable stay with us and great to know that you liked our bathroom. We are looking forward to hearing your next story of your stay.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is in a very good location for people who come to Beijing for business. Plenty of choice for restaurants in walking distance. People are very nice in this hotel. In short, great location, nice room and excellent services. I will come back again for sure.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear valued guest,
Thank you for staying with us and we are more than happy to know that you enjoyed our location and service during your visit in Beijing. And we look forward to meeting you next time.

columbia, SC
Reviewed 26 June 2014

as a Marriott platnium member, I have to say that this was the best Renaissance hotel that I have stayed in - and one of the best overall. The lounge is truly outstanding and the fact that the hostess Jane remembers everyone's name is really impressive. I really appreciated them allowing my entire family to enjoy the lounge

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear valued customer,

It is great to have such a loyal customer to stay with the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel and appreciate your highly recommendation for us. Your compliments of our club lounge team have been shared with the hotel management team already .

We look forward to meeting you for your next arrival,