“Very Nice Facilities and Personable Service”

Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel
Ranked #9 of 6,520 Hotels in Beijing
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Nice Facilities and Personable Service”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and returned for 1 more night after 2 weeks. What stood out the most is the personable service from the minute we walked in, to check-in, at the Club Lounge and to check-out. For example, many remembered us when we returned and welcomed us back.

The hotel is very clean and the room is decorated very nicely and kept very well. We enjoyed the Club Lounge offerings very much with a great variety of food, drinks and very attentive service.

It is located within 5 minutes of a subway stop with easy access to banks/ATM and shops (mall within minutes).

There is nothing negative about our experience. We would definitely highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
DirMarcom, Director of Marketing Communications at Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for recommending the hotel and glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel. As you said our location is very convenient with a lot of restaurants and shops surrounded. Also your compliments on our Club Lounge team have been shared with the hotel management team already. We look forward to meeting you next time.

Director of Marketing Communications

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Beijing, China
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've stayed at several hotels in Beijing, and the Renaissance tops them all. The service extends from the executive lounge, the check-in staff, to the housekeeping staff. Smiles, greetings and a high level of professional service and care is pervasive. This hotel has wonderful facilities, but it's the level of service that stands out.

For me, each day starts out with a great breakfast, and eggs done just the way I want them. My favorite cook Jeffery delivers my order to my table even without asking, and he always has a genuine smile on his face. The housekeepers greet me with a smile each day and everything is done quickly and efficiently. In the executive lounge, Christine and Alex are there every morning, always with a smile. If you go there often, they will quickly see what you like and deliver it to your table without your asking. I feel that they genuinely care about the guests.

There are great views from the rooms, which are also quiet, and the facilities all work as they should, which isn't always the case in Beijing.

The hotel is also located in a great place, with a shopping center across the street and a selection of smaller restaurants within easy walking distance. The nearest subway stop is just a five minute walk.

So I highly recommend this hotel as a place with a heart and a great staff. I'm even smiling as I write this review!

Room Tip: Rooms on the west are quieter, but rooms on the east have an even better view, especially from the h...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience with us and I’m also smiling when I’m writing this reply. And that’s the reason I enjoy working in the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel as well. It is our pleasure to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable starting from your arrival to departure, and we look forward to meeting you next time in Beijing.

Shanghai, China
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Given the hyper comeptition in hospitalilty industry in China (meaning high turnover of service staff), Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel has done a fantastic job to maintain its service level and family style culture to receive business customers. Staff at the doorway, reception and lounge always go out of their way to accomodate guests needs and made guests feel warm and cared in their intense travels away from their family. I am a big fan of this particular hotel and defintely would like to come back every time when I travel to Beijing. For this trip in mid July, I want to thank you, Jane, Susan and Aileen at the club lounge to help me out. Ladies, you make the stay a lovely one. Also like to thank Angela, general manager of the hotel to sit down with me. I appreciate your sharing and hope you all the best!

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking your precious time to share your experience with us and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay, especially enjoyed our service. Our General Manager is definitely the hotel staff’s role model in term of taking our customer. Also your compliments on Club Lounge team (Jane, Susan, and Aileen) have been shared with the hotel management team already. We would like to assist you more and provide you an unforgettable experience for your next stay.

Have a wonderful day,
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I am usually apprehensive about "modern" looking business hotels but Renaissance was a pleasant contradiction. The modern décor is pleasing and not tacky. The food served at the 4rth floor restaurant is just fantastic. Especially the buffet spread, I could not have had enough of it! Rooms are spacious and comfortable with all amenities- I particularly liked the bathroom shower cubicle. They also have an Italian restaurant on ground floor- I didn't try that but the café was nice. The best part about the hotel are its staff - starting from restaurant to front desk to travel desk. Special mention of a young man named Gary from travel desk who was so helpful. Most of the staff understand and speak English. If I were to go back, I will stay here again whether for business or vacation with family.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DirMarcom, at Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Valued Customer,

It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay with the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel. Glad that you enjoy our breakfast, and hope you had a chance to try our fresh juice counter in BLD café. Also your compliments on Gary have been shared with the hotel team already. Gary has been working with us since the opening and he is always going out his way to help our customer and everyone likes him. We look forward to meeting you next time.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed at Renaissance BJ Capital Hotel recently for two nights. Don't really have much to complain about the hotel - the staff were nice and courteous, the bed comfortable and clean, a few power outlets near the work table made it easy to charge the phones and power the laptop at the same time. In the shower warm water comes quickly with good pressure, and the room felt clean.

My only complain, perhaps, was that room service food was mediocre. You do expect in-room dining to be only so-so with expensive pricing, but this was a little worse than what I hoped for. The nasi goreng I had was quite bland and the chicken skewers were flavourless. The breakfast was somewhat better, however.

The Italian restaurant of the hotel, "Fratelli", was also mediocre considering that an Italian head chef was around. The pizza they served had a base that was too firm (without being crispy) and the mozz was plentiful but flavourless. A shame.

Nonetheless, my stay here was well worth the price, and the entrance to the lobby which was situated away from the main road was a plus, although the 4/F front desk made check in a slightly confusing experience. I will definitely consider to stay here again when I next visit Beijing.

1 Thank Deinococc
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking your precious time to share your experience with us and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments on our in-room dining and Italian restaurant have been informed to our Executive Chef Dominique and Italian Chef Stefano. We look forward to meeting you next to provide you more assistance while you stay.

Have a wonderful day,
earth
Reviewed 21 July 2014

For the past 2 years I worked in Beijing, I stayed here for almost 100 nights. No matter its a business meeting, family get away or a soccer game night with friends, Beijing Renaissance is my No.1 choice. They have the most friendly staffs compare with other Marriotts in Beijing as well as SPG Chain. I also have their fitness center membership as it is close to work, and the fitness center as well as the pool has panorama view of the entire CBD area (if Beijing is not smogy).

The club lounge is the most places I used during my stay there. Staffs at club lounge are very professional and they will meet your needs in terms of business, tourism booking and room services etc and they never let me down. Christine, Gina and their supervisor Jane are always helpful.

The all you can eat restaurant and Fat Duck are ok places, but the Fat Duck is little bit expensive which is for formal business dinning. The dinner at BLD is always good, but it is too dark for groups, and I hope the it can be brighter. If you stay and dine here, borrow a club marriott card from your Chinese friend to get deep discount on food.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south end of the building have largest spaces, I believe the room number ends with...
Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for staying at the Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel for the past two years and it is always a great thing to have a loyal customer with us. We are glad you enjoy our facilities and service. And your compliments on our Club Lounge team have been shared with hotel management team already.
Again, we appreciate you spent the precious time to share your experience and we look forward to meeting you next time.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed there for five nights. The entire hotel has very bad air conditioning. We came in late and at night it was a bit warm in the room, +22, even though the a/c was full on. Next day around noon the room was +24, so we called the front desk and they said they would fix it while we are gone sight seeing. We came back at 5 pm, and the room was still +24C. We called and the front desk said that it is fixed. Really? In 10 min they sent a repair person with a front desk staff. The repair guy measured the air temperature at the vent, which was 23.5 on his gadget. The front desk guy was trying to tell me something in Chinese. Finally he called the front desk and someone in broken English said that a/c is fine, just give it a bit more time. So, they left and the temperature went up to +25C (77F). We went down and asked for the manager. David, the manager, was very nice. First, however, he said that the repair personnel said that we should not set the a/c below 17 C or it will not work. I said that this makes no sense, but we'll give it another try. Of course, two hours later nothing happened - the temperature was 25C. David moved us to another room. He had good intentions, but I think he has the same problems the guests have - there is no way to communicate to the Chinese personnel beyond a few basic words. Even on a basic level there is often a block - the staff at the pool could not understand when I was asking where to get the keys to the lockers (it turned out that they are supposed to give them to you right away when you walk in). Oh, the new room was still warm - the temperature never went below 20C at night and 23C during the day, and that was on the Executive level. We figured that the entire hotel is suffering from bad a/c system. Btw, it was 28C (82.5F) in the corridor. They really need to hire a decent engineer and revamp their a/c system. Come on - for the money they are charging at this supposedly international hotel brand you have to sweat and learn Chinese. Shame on Renaissance - this property brings a bad name to the brand.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
RenaissanceHotelDOM, Director of Marketing at Renaissance Beijing Capital Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear valued customer,

I am really sorry to read that you were disappointed with your recent stay in our property and please do accept my sincere apologies on behalf our Hotel Management team.
We do fully understand your frustration and we have taken necessary action to prevent such problem happen again.

Actually Our Director of Engineering and Operation have been advised and working with dedicated external company to ensure our A/C system functioning is optimal all the time.
And myself will also contact your separately and we do hope this experience will not deter you from giving us another chance on a future visit to Beijing.

Best regards,